VanillaSkyGirl

@*#$!* Telelmarketers!!!

I just had a telemarketer call me addressing me in spanish and asking me if my "Mommy" was home! WTF!?!

Yes, I speak Spanish fluently, but I live in North America. English is my FIRST language, and I am VERY offended that just because my name is latin that I am put on some stupid lists to be bothered by those fricken annoying telemarketers in both english and spanish! I just talked back to him in english and kept asking him in english who he was and why he was calling me. He finally hung up on me. LOL!

I just realized that I should answer the spanish telemarketers questions in english and to the non-spanish speaking telemarketers in spanish! Better yet, I am just going to have to not answer at all. I do have Caller ID, but I always think that it may be my parents or brother who all have private numbers. I also always ask the telemarketers to take me off their lists before I hang up. Yeah, right!

Their calls really piss me off. >:( Doesn't EVERYONE HATE these calls. I used to get bombarded by charity organizations asking for donations, but with this number that I have downtown, I am constantly called by various phone companies...HELP!!!

I just realized that I should answer the spanish telemarketers questions in english and to the non-spanish speaking telemarketers in spanish!

LOL, I've had that happen too. Funny thing is I have had whole conversations with people speaking Spanish and answering them in english only for them to ask me why I don't answer them in spanish. To which I have answered " OH, I don't speak Spanish I have just been saying "yes", "no" and "mmm" when you paused. They usually hang up too:D

Next time it happens I'm gonna bust out with a gringoized version of sesame street spanish, bad pronunciation and all and give him nonsensical answers in spanish. Hey ya gotta make it fun right?;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ooops...I edited my original post. I DO have Caller ID, but it says "private number" when my parents, brother and certain friends call me, too. I REFUSE to miss their phone calls because of these creeps! >:(

I haven't got a telemarketing call in ages, if it was a recording I used to curse, or go PPPRRFFFTTTT!!!! to all the questions, then if you did that there is a recording asking you if you want to be removed, if I got a 'live' person, seriously, I used to speak 'chinese' or just yell AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH as loudly as I can and hang up, hey, apparently it worked.

I've noticed that too. Telemarketers used to come up as "unavailable" on my caller ID, so I knew not to pick it up. But now the bastards have set it up as "Private". This pisses me off, because like you most of my family have private lines, as do I.>:(

Chris

My local phone company has a service that has ENDED ALL OF THESE CALLS! I get literally ZERO of them. It's worked for four years.

I don't remember what it's called but probably every phone company has it.

Anyone with a number and name that doesn't appear in caller ID is blocked. However, they are given a second chance. They are asked by a recording to record their name. Then my phone rings and a recording says, "You have a call from To answer it, press 1."

Telemarketers NEVER bother. They hang up and my phone just plain DOES NOT RING. Friends and family say their name, and I get the call.

Try it. It's the best $5/month I've spent.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Ooops...I edited my original post. I DO have Caller ID, but it says "private number" when my parents, brother and certain friends call me, too. I REFUSE to miss their phone calls because of these creeps! >:(

If you're using Caller ID, you need to get your parents & brother to push *82 before they call so that their number will be displayed. I don't answer ANY phone calls anymore unless I know EXACTLY who is calling, and then chances are still only 50/50 that I'll pick up.

"No, I'm not married; no I don't have many friends. How did you know???"
AMDG

My local phone company has a service that has ENDED ALL OF THESE CALLS!

Okay, but what about all the calls from my Local Phone Company trying to sell me more services. I swear I had 3 calls from them within a couple of days! Then my long distance carrier started calling trying to sell me more services! It's irritating>:(.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Then my long distance carrier started calling trying to sell me more services! It's irritating>:(.

J

Tell them you are switching to Level (3), it will fuck with thier heads since Level3, is the phone company's phone company. *evilgrin*
Fly it like you stole it!

The last telemarketer that called here...

Guy: "Hi I'm calling from-"
Me: "I'm sorry I do not speak English"
Guy: "Hablas Espa-"
Me: "No, I'm afraid I'm not versed in any form of human communication."
Guy: "... "

Another fun thing is just pressing buttons on the phone in the middle of their pitch and then if they stop, apologize and ask them to please continue. Repeat until they give up.

The best thing I've found after trying several others (including a very loud horn in their ear) is to tell them that your declaring Bankruptcy and have no money for anyone other than your Lawyer. This has reduced my incoming unwanted calls by 90% and I have eight phone lines. Very effective and who gives a shit if they think it's true their not going to tell your friends B|

Set it to "Anonymous call blocking" anyway. Family and friends can unblock their numbers by pressing *67 before dialing you.

Dunno what phone company you have, but if you're getting completely swamped by telemarketers, like I was when I first got my new phone #, Pacific Bell has a service where if the call is "out of area" or "anonymous" PacBell will answer the phone for you, find out who it is, and, either put the call through if its a general person you haven't told them to block, or if its a telemarketer or collection agency, they'll tell them not to call you again, and report them if they do. your phone will not ring in the last situation. the call gets intercepted before it even reaches you.

This service helped me out a TON... the folks that had the number before me were being chased down by something like twelve collection agencies, who liked to call in the middle of the night, and refused to believe they had the wrong phone number. Three months of PacBell answering their calls put an end to that.

ah yet another reason why I use my cell phone exclusively, that and the fact that its cheaper. If it wasn't for DSL needing local phone service I wouldn't even have a phone line.

Ha! Here is an interesting tidbit of info. We registered for the 'do not call list'. Today, in the mail receive a letter stating we expressed an interest in (their product) which we didn't, and since we have registered with the state for the Do Not Call List, we were receiving this letter instead of a phone call:S. I don't believe this crap!!! So now, everyone that doesn't want to be called is going to get more junk mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>:(

J

Oh that is all to familiar...Such a nasty thing to be
disturbed in the aftermath of the party...I think what
bothers me most, is the stupid, rat bastards can't
understand the word "NO!" You basically have to
tell them to fuck off,or your house is on fire to get
them to stop humping your ear...No question about
it, they suck!!! They are the human embodiment of
cockroaches.............God why wont they leave us
ALONE??[:/]

I've managed to piss the telemarketers off so bad that I think I made it to their blacklist. :D

They work on commision. I just kept them hanging wasting their time. Suddenly the calls stopped comming :D

Am I bad :)

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

haven't you heard-- that list may or may not work. Some telemarketers are asking a judge to block it.... since it infringes on their right of free speech :S

Read my post above, you might be swapping the phone calls for junk mail!

J