Unstable

POST YOUR JUMPSHIP

Older school...

Our C-182 is THE original, a 1956 model. OK so maybe the Beech could be older but I betcha it's bigger and faster anyway ;)

The plane came from Quebec a few months before that picture was taken. For those reading the French script on the artwork, our local pronounciation was christened "Parachute-is-me"

Since purchase, XKU has been a typical jumpship. The first fall it was grounded at the final 100 hour for top end engine work. The next season it had electrical issues and an engine fire during a cold weather start (flooded the air intake). The pilot tells me that 'most of the instruments work most of the time' (shhhh...) and on any given day the door decides to latch either on low or high altitude passes but almost never on both :o.

Trade her for a newer more reliable model? Never. I might want to FLY and land a reliable plane :o:PB|B|

Dave

PS: Those 3 layer racing overalls are really bulky and I wore them in part because they were warm (it was cold that October) and because they were warm. I was also a fashion victim at the time. Imagine! ..an orange helmet with a Red jumpsuit - what was I thinking? I've since mended my ways B|

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

B|This was really cool in the late sixties.Note Snohomish door and position of JM.State of the art gear too.I made 400+ jumps out of this aircraft and flew it for 500 hours with jumpers.
The quality of the photo is not the best. I had to reduce it to upload.

These are the jumpships we flew the 19th of october for the dutch cf record.The first is a short caravan from texel that was flown in,The second is the grand caravan from teuge.Pictures where taken out of a xtra 300 acro plane wich flew all the way up to altitude in formation.(Sometimes verry close formation ;)
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

Hey, not trying to jack this thread, but I wanted to know when the big boogie is supposed to happen down there in the Islands. I'm torn between that one and the one in Thailand, and I'm fairly certain I can't afford both. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Here's our big airplane. Don't have a pict of the C195 available right now.

Judy

yes and how many of you can say ya chunked a punkin out of it! :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865