deaffreeflyer

Deaf / Hard of Hearing

I often wonder if I am the only deaf skydiver that comes here. Are any of you are deaf or hard of hearing? Please let me know and get in touch! ;)

Oh yeah, I'll be coming over from UK to stay in Perris to do hardcore jumping for a couple of weeks B| (Sept 6th - 20th). Will any of you be there and would like to do some fun FF, tracking or RW jumps with me - before, and after the 'Deaf World Record' event.

Hope to see you there!

Yup, I'm one of them...been skydiving a lil over a year now. Shame I won't be able to make it out to the DWR this year but hopefully next time it happens. You have a blast and I know you'll meet bunch out at Perris during this time. I skydive at Skydive Virginia! which is located in Louisa, VA so if you're in that area, come on and play with us in the sky :-)
PMS #113
PMTS #19

Yo!

Another deaf guy here! I skydive at Louisa, Virginia with Skycurlycat too. I recently started in the sport, and I'm about to complete the process of getting "A" license soon. Come on out at our dropzone if you want to play with us. You're more than welcome down there.

I'd love to visit Perris and meet the deaf gang but it's not possible for me. Hope you will have a ton of fun at Perris!

We have a deaf Amish guy here in Cleveland that skydives. Of course....he's Amish....so he doesn't know what the internet is. :D

an amish skydiver, how does he get to altitude?

Yo!

Another deaf guy here! I skydive at Louisa, Virginia with Skycurlycat too. I recently started in the sport, and I'm about to complete the process of getting "A" license soon. Come on out at our dropzone if you want to play with us. You're more than welcome down there.

I'd love to visit Perris and meet the deaf gang but it's not possible for me. Hope you will have a ton of fun at Perris!

Is your DZ relatively close to Washington's Galudet College?
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Nope, there's David down at Spaceland. One hell of a guy and one very good FFer, he's also deaf. Although I had a great conversation with him on the way to altitude once, he reads lips very well and he can speak fairly well also. All around one hell of a guy. (Even if he is Levin's evil twin :P).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I was just in the Texas State Record Jumps with John Woo. He is deaf and did a great job every jump. I docked on him every jump and he was never late. Tracks like a rock but gets there great.
pm me and i will give you his mail address...
loudtom
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

I was just in the Texas State Record Jumps with John Woo. He is deaf and did a great job every jump. I docked on him every jump and he was never late. Tracks like a rock but gets there great.
pm me and i will give you his mail address...
loudtom

I've know John for years and years. He is a wonderful role model for the deaf community. I'm a certified Interpreter for the Deaf, and most time end up interpreting for John when we are on big way events. I'm sure John's friend Tony did the interpreting for him while at the TSR.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm not deaf but I do have selective hearing. I'll be in Perris some while you are there and would love to meet you. I'd say we would jump but I've promised to wait until I get the all clear from my ortho guy and get away from those sweet PT people.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Met John Woo and didn't get to jump with him but while we were on weather hold, I got to know him and all the awesome dives he's been on. Looking forward jumping with him real soon. He's constantly traveling and jumping at different dzs right now so hard to catch him these days. Say hi to him at Perris for me :)
PMS #113
PMTS #19