jtval

cancer survivors. VIBES WANTED

I was wondering if those who have beaten cancer would post a little inspiring words for a fellow dz.commer(who shall remain nameless until they want to say anything) who may have cancer.

I know a few of you have kicked its ass and I want this person to hear words from Fellow survivors!
Vibes will help!;)

edited to add: VIBES WANTED!;) in the title
send them along for tuesday:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

I did it ... actually the docs did the work, I was just
the body in question. After surgery they said maybe
there'd be 5 more years or so ... that was 31 years ago.

I've heard several jumpers say they got into skydiving
because of a life-threatening diagnosis.

That wasn't my reason, though ... I think it was just
to prove something to myself. VIBES

Who ever your friend is, let them know there is life after cancer. There is a group started by a guy in Texas that built an 18 way formation last April/May. Check out this link.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/FPS/content/FPS_1_Survivor_Finds_Blue_Skies.asp?SiteArea=
Michael Owens
Cancer Survivor Skydiving Team #6
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

There's not much to say other than "listen to the doctors, and to yourself"

Rely on friends/family and stay as optomistic as possible. Take more time to focus on yourself than ever before.

Its not easy, but it can be done! Stay on top of it!

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

The scariest part of the whole friggin thing is the word Cancer. You truly can't imagine how frightening that word is till the doc sits you down and says it to you. Everyone thinks it is one of those things that other people get. Just let em know they aren't alone and you can beat it!!

14 months post surgery for me and all tests negative.

Sending Vibes
Ira

I was asked via PM to chime in here...
Cancer or rather the word is scary. I am living proof that it can be done. Not only once...but twice. I am not a survivor;I am a conquerer.
I do believe that we are never given more than we can handle, although at the time it certainly seems so. Support groups are essential. If I can be of help...I am only as far away as a PM.
Wishing you all wellness.
BB

My GF went through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation treatment without missing one day of work. Got a redhead wig for the hell of it. She just decided that's the way it was going to be.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I never actually had cancer - the doctors made a 'mistake' >:(>:(>:(

I've heard several jumpers say they got into skydiving
because of a life-threatening diagnosis.

thats exactly why I did my first jump, I did my second cos I totally sensory overloaded on the first - and by two your hooked :)
but seriously <<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
it was a horrible few months, thinking I had it and facing telling my family and close friends etc.. made me really appreciate the life I had though and live it to the full - I got alot of airmiles in that time, travelled all round europe, went on my first rollercoaster, got a tatoo, piercing, met heaps of great people, took up skydiving... makes you value life more and your friends

I was diagnosed in April of 1975, and told two years at best. surgery and drugs followed. To this day I do not know if I was misdiagnosed or if I just got damn lucky. My sister is surviving today her fifth year and the battle rages on. Stay positive and be receptive to the good vibes from all of us.

"A man with a 'WHY' to live, can bear with almost any 'HOW'."

Mark

Good vibes the peron concerned !!!!!!!
I was diagnosed around 6 years ago, went through the surgery and the chemotherapy. It sure is no walk in the park, but the secret for me was simply knowing that I had friends and family who cared for me and who needed me to pull through for them.
If you believe you can get through it, you will make that chemo work so much quicker and be able to deal with the nausea etc.
Be strong and believe in yourself - Don't be afraid to accept the love of those who care for you !!

Had a very rare form of it when I was 19. Radiation, Surgery, and Chemo, none of them were as bad as you would imagine them to be. Its been 4 years so far so good.

Enjoy the day and don't worry about things in the future you can't control.

"Tomorrow is promised to no one."

This quote from the bible really helped me learn to enjoy life and not get down about what could happen in the future.

Good luck, stay positive.:)

I've beaten cancer twice. It's the scariest thing I've ever had to deal with. The best advice I can give is to put yourself first when you are dealing with a major illness. Surround yourself with family and friends who are supportive. There's no room for people who aren't.

The other thing to do is to learn as much about the illness and treatments available as possible. Do research, ask questions. It's my experience that an educated patient is a partner in his/her treatment. Understand what is happening to you and why.

Many many many hugs and good vibes to your friend!

Yesterday, I found out my ex has cancer again. She will be having a total hysterectomy in the next couple of weeks, and she is again devastated.

She's the one that got me started in this sport, and she's been fighting it for years.

Good vibes to her, and to everyone suffering from this terrible affliction.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

VIBES VIBES VIBES!!!

there have been tons of super things said already here! all i can chime in with is encouraging thoughts behind the continued success of my mom's 8-year battle.

believe in yourself! believe in the healing strength of the love of friends and family. know that nothing is final with a diagnosis or treatment path, you'd be surprised how many death sentences are dished out by doctors (who are just trying to give conservative information) and are proven wrong!

you gotta fight! you gotta be your own champion!

of course you are allowed to be angry/scared/sad/etc., but try your best not to dwell on the why, instead try and focus on a positive path forward.

you've got a huge support system here, so hang in there and know that we all wish you lots of strength and hope!

A good friend of mine in WA who was also my falconry sponsor beat it. He kept his spirits high, never let anything get him down and went about his daily life like nothing could ever stop him.

Last I heard, he was in full remission and not even looking back.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

vibes vibes vibes....

I have beaten cancer...not once..not twice..but three times. and as far as the Dr's doing it...well if i believed the first opinion I'd of been dead a lonnnggg time ago. just remember a positive mental attitude is where it's at. constantly stay positive. even if it feels negative you HAVE to push it away. I am comfortable with dying...THAT took a long time to grasp. but I am much more comfortable LIVING. and that is what I did...I lived...and still live due to my positive attitude.

vibes to your friend JT...and tell him/her to NEVER GIVE UP!!!!...EVER!!!

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

It's taken most of the day today, to decided if I wanted to post to this thread. The reason being is that I'm in the process of undergoing more cancer treatments at this time in my life. Something that only a handful of close friends knew about till now. Now, I'm putting it out there for the masses because I'm hoping my words of encouragement will help your friend. For me, the last five years has been an on again, off again battle. But I plan on wining. Afterall; only the good die young.

Please tell your friend to never give up. There are many days where I want to just crawl into a hole and make it all stop. But then I realize if I do that, the cancer has won. And as I said before, I don't plan on letting cancer win. I have too much going on, close family and friends.

Your friend will have "up" days and "down" days. Be there for him/her. The best advise I can offer for you to past on, is do research. Never, ever just let a doctor pad your friend on the head and say "It's going to be okay." Be assertive in the treatments that are offered. If he/she doesn't like what one doctor has to say, go find someone else. I have been lucky in my treatments, I have a wonderful team of doctors and nurses from the Mayo Clinic.

Please feel free to pass on my information in my profile if your friend wants to talk.
Big hugs and vibes.
Mar
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

My father is a cancer survivor. My family went through some really rough times with him, but we were lucky enough that he pulled through, and is now living a completely normal life, no meds, no therapy, just a normal guy with a new appreciation for life. Whoever it may be, my thoughts and prayers are with you. If you ever need anything, anything at all, PM me, we'll talk.

Whatever you do, never give up hope. My father was at one point very close to death, and he pulled through, and look at him now! He's expecting a grandson within the next two months (from my brother, not me B|) and he's living life to the fullest.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.