speedformula

IF you could NOT own a movie...

Oh, most definitely do not purchase or rent a movie called "Whacked!" It's pure tripe, utterly without entertainment value...even if it does feature me as a mafia thug for a short while. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

The opening sequence of that film was worth the price of admission.

The audience went f'in nuts! I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs "Yes! Hell Yes!" when the deed was done.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The opening sequence of that film was worth the price of admission.

The audience went f'in nuts! I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs "Yes! Hell Yes!" when the deed was done.

Thats why I view all of Paul's movie reviews with a great deal of skepticism....:P
Remster

Thats why I view all of Paul's movie reviews with a great deal of skepticism....

I didn't realize anyone way paying attention.

Seriously though, you really didn't enjoy the opening sequence of xXx?
quade -

I saw the movie maybe 2 months ago on DVD and thankfully, I dont remember any of the scenes very distinctly... was the opening one the car / BASE jump?

The stunts were cool, but overall, that movie sucked. Bad acting.. I mean realy bad acting, bad story, bad editing (all according to my tastes of course).
Remster

I saw the movie maybe 2 months ago on DVD and thankfully, I dont remember any of the scenes very distinctly... was the opening one the car / BASE jump?

Yeah, see, there's your problem -- DVDitis.

Some movies need to actually be seen in a movie theater.

Anyway, yes, the opening sequence has xXx stealing a car and then doing a BASE jump from the car after driving it off a bridge. All real, no computer graphics or anything stupid. A real, honest-to-goodness stunt done by a real stuntman -- Tim Rigby.
quade -

Some movies need to actually be seen in a movie theater.

Thats where I beg to differ. Some movies only redeeming value can be seen in a theatre. :P

I usually only go to a theatre to see movies that are worthwile to see in one (either, like this one action or stunt based, or FX or really moody and dark).

That was a bad movie with good stunts. I'm glad I only spent CDN$4.00 for a rental and not $25 for tickets.
Remster

Hulk is the worst film i've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

Agreed....i fell asleep during it. Apparently something got nuked in the end and that was supposed to be the highlight of the movie. Ill take peoples word for it. It certainly cured my insomnia.