AggieDave

Free polyphonic ringtones?

I've been searching, haven't been successful so far...anyone have a good link for some free polyphonic ringtones?

Most all of the "free" sites I've found are in the UK and they aren't actually free.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If ya wanna play, ya gotsta pay...

I haven't found any free ones, but I did download the 'Looney Tunes Theme' (hey, it goes with my nickname and all...I couldn't resist! ;)) for $.99 through Verizon's ringtones right over the phone.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

About a year ago, before polyphonic, I found a shitload of free sites for ringtones...sorta figured there'd be free ones for polyphonic as well (since I just got a new phone with that feature).

Oh well, it has a "music DJ" thing on the phone, so I've "made" a couple ringtones that work...just not the same without my Star Wars "ceremony" ring tone...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You can get all of the Star Wars anthems and marches...c'mon, Dave...it's just a buck! How else can a dollar make you happy over and over again daily? You know you wanna. You could find a buck in change under your floormats...that's like the price of a coffee at Denny's, but it'll give you so much more! :)
...is it any wonder I'm a marketing genius?! ;):P Of course selling mortgages is a wee bit tougher than selling polyphonic ringtones...hmm, perhaps a job change is in order!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I've been searching, haven't been successful so far...anyone have a good link for some free polyphonic ringtones?

Don't bother with d/l ringtones of websites, they are usually crap, the best place to get free ones are in places like yahoo groups etc, people join up to this group and can submit tones/games/apps etc to it so theres usually a large collection on them

heres a few i've found (mainly for nokia phones but the ringtones should be universal anyway)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ogznokiaextraz/

damn..cant the the links for the rest of them sorry mate...do a search for other groups on yahoo or msn.com etc and you'll find heaps

If you have bittorrent, there is a torrent file on this page:
http://202.157.176.93/torrentfiles.tk/sonstiges.html
with 20 000 Ringtones.

Bittorrent is a file sharing programm that works different than the others. You install the bittorrent client, download the torrent file from a webpage and when you click on the torrent file the download starts. The torrent file is only a few kb in size, its just contains information about the download.
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

Depending on the carrier you have some will allow you to download the files and install them and some won't. Verizon with its Get It Now feature totally screws you for downloading things from the net and putting them on your phone. Verizon went with BREW instead of JAVA as the complier on their phones so unless you can override the security you can't alter the phone or its ringers.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com