lawrocket

Why are Men Broke? Because of Women.

Interesting article in "Nature" Magazine. It states that pretty faces make men spend more money immediately. Seems a truism that sex sells. Research now supports it.

I guess skydiving men are at an even worse advantage, thanks to all you lovely skygals. Yep, it's all you gals' faults, too!!!;)

http://www.nature.com/nsu/031208/031208-8.html

Women addle men's maths
Pretty faces make men reach for money.
10 December 2003
HELEN PEARSON

Men with more on offer might be better able to win the girl.

Pretty ladies make men want wealth with which to impress, according to a new study - even if they'll be worse off in the long run.

Psychologists Margo Wilson and Martin Daly at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada, asked students whether they would prefer, say, $19 tomorrow or $25 next week. They then showed them the faces of ladies whose attractiveness was ranked on the website 'How Hot Am I?'.

After eyeballing pictures of pretty women, men were more likely to want immediate monetary gratification than to wait for a bigger bonus. Women's calculations, on the other hand, were unaffected by male eye candy, as were men's after ogling plainer women or fancy cars1.

With ladies fresh in their minds, men want money immediately because they might use it to impress and woo them, Wilson suggests. Such a trait might have been evolutionarily advantageous: men with more to offer might have been better able to get the girl.

The study suggests that the brain areas triggered by a cute face are linked to those that calculate rewards, Wilson says. She next plans to study whether men also covet other resources to wow the ladies, such as food or gifts, and whether older or married men are immune to the women's effect.

The results also support the idea that advertisements featuring attractive women seduce men into parting with their money, Wilson adds. "But I guess the marketing people already knew that," she says.

References
Wilson, M. & Daly, M. Do pretty women inspire men to discount the future? Proceedings of the Royal Society London B, published online, doi:10.1098/rsbl.2003.0134 (2003).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Leykis 101 in action...:D

Bet this'll be in his monologue this afternoon...:D:D

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I've never had a guy spend on me. I'm always the one shelling out the dough:( I didn't think my face was that unpretty:(

nah your a hottie. I have deffinetly shelled my share. and they were not even as hot as you.:$

With ladies fresh in their minds, men want money immediately because they might use it to impress and woo them,

Only the weak minded ones. Me, I see a hot chick and I think of how much she could be making for me so that I could jump more. It's just the Pimp in me, hate the game not the player:P:D I think this was another one of those useless studies that money was wasted on. I bet they got the grant approved and spent the money at the strip bar doing "research" LOL:D Hmmm, I think I just found my thesis:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I've never had a guy spend on me. I'm always the one shelling out the dough:( I didn't think my face was that unpretty:(

I think this just means we aren't shallow:)

;)Correct you are;) No shallowness here
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

They date me because I'm dead sexy.

Most date me because I have a lot of money and a HUGE penis. :D

I've heard that a sense of humor and active imagination are important. ;)

However, women do not look for money or good-looks. That would be shallow. :ph34r: I'm the middle-aged broke guy, so I respect those qualities. :D

Do you honestly believe that dribble you are reading?:o I suppose in some ways in can be true if a guy REALLY likes a girl that much, he could spend a little more money than he usually would. In my opinion what a girl really wants is more attention from him if she is smart, and if he's, well, "GIFTED", and experienced, he doesn't need to be told that either.B|-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.