freekflyguy

Is Skydiving an Extreme sport?

While secretly, under their breath are "pissed off with the people" who are proud of their own accomplishments even if they aren't as radical as their own.

Sky gods rule!!!!

Snicker.

:)
They should have special, separate DZs for the the jumpers that do sweet carving 270s and trail the ditch landing safely and stroll off the landing area with nothing more than a smile.

I would not want them to be annoyed by my being pleased with myself for a stand-up landing.

I think you missed the sarcasm in PhillyKev's post.
He was making fun of the original poster.

I would not want them to be annoyed by my being pleased with myself for a stand-up landing.

Amen, sista! I always do a little victory dance when i stand up my landings.

And Kris, I don't think that you got the fact that Jessica got the sarcasm in PhillyKev's post (:S), thought it was funny, and was simply adding on some of her own. At least that's the way I took it, because I thought both posts were very witty. :)

Kelly

Amen, sista! I always do a little victory dance when i stand up my landings.

And Kris, I don't think that you got the fact that Jessica got the sarcasm in PhillyKev's post (:S), thought it was funny, and was simply adding on some of her own. At least that's the way I took it, because I thought both posts were very witty. :)

Kelly

I was never witty, so I missed the whole point. [:/]

My definition of an Extreme Sport is one in which under normal cicumstances, you can lose your life. Therefore Skydiving is an Extreme Sport.

You loose your life under extraordinary circumstances whilst skydiving.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

How here's the problem, if I turn on the TV, I see shows about "extreme sports", and one of those "extreme sports" is kids riding their BMX bikes up and down little hills. That is NOT an exreme sport. Likewise, I'll often turn on an "extreme sports" tv show and see a bunch of kids riding their skateboards up and down hills. Likewise, that is NOT an extreme sport.

As you might guess, I hold the marketing of "extreme" in a bit of contempt. I'm a bit annoyed at people who contribute to it, because most of the it is decidedly not. That said, skydiving definately is, and if anyone of us want to take that as our label, we deserve it. I'm pissed at the kids on skateboards, not those who try to jump safely.

yeah, if you ask me, the word "extreme" has been applied to everything. it loses its meaning when people start using it for everything. The word extreme is now like the word "rock", as in "this rocks". Its just like when you see people on tv saying something like "that n sync concert rocked!". :S saying that something "rocked" used to have meaning, but now its being passed around by everyone.
whew ok, extreme/rocked rant over

MB 3528, RB 1182

While secretly, under their breath are "pissed off with the people" who are proud of their own accomplishments even if they aren't as radical as their own.

Sky gods rule!!!!

The guys that are proud of their own accomplishments are cool. its the psuedo cool extreme dudes that piss me off.

Buzz

How are your ironing skills?

Ironing is an extremely dangerous thing to do. . .I try to avoid extremely dangerous things. . .LOL
FGF #6
Darcy

Sky gods rule!!!!

The guys that are proud of their own accomplishments are cool. its the psuedo cool extreme dudes that piss me off.

Buzz

And you make that determination based on a wing loading to T-Shirt slogan comparison?

So, Buzz. . .If you happen to be at a DZ where I am at and you do a sweet carving 270. . .I will high five you and say nice job. . .as long as you don't make fun of my "No Fear" tee shirt and big docile canopy. . .

Well ill be in Perris 14 28 Jan, where among other things I will be taking the Canopy School. So if you pop up you may see it (although I dount it).

You can join me in a Absynth in the IHOP if you want, now that is EXTREME:S

Buzz

You can join me in a Absynth in the IHOP if you want, now that is EXTREME

I gotta agree with you there. . .that is most DEFINITELY extreme. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

How are your ironing skills?

Ironing is an extremely dangerous thing to do. . .I try to avoid extremely dangerous things. . .LOL

Sad as it is to admit it, I have an ironing scar. Ironing a shirt while standing in gym shorts. The edge of the iron touched my side. Can we say "ouch"? :o True story. Sometimes, being a bad example is my contribution to society.

Skydiving has been good to me, but that ironing board is dangerous. :ph34r:

Skydiving has been good to me, but that ironing board is dangerous.

Gotta agree with you, Bill. . .I have several scars from ironing. . .I avoid it at all costs. . .lol
FGF #6
Darcy

Sad as it is to admit it, I have an ironing scar. Ironing a shirt while standing in gym shorts. The edge of the iron touched my side. Can we say "ouch"? True story. Sometimes, being a bad example is my contribution to society.

Sounds similar to my "frying bacon naked" scar. Now THAT'S extreme.

Skydiving has been good to me, but that ironing board is dangerous.

Now THAT is irony!

>:(

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.