dropdeded

The Ring, Now What?

Ive got one tossed away in a drawer somewhere from a previous marriage. Looks like I may have another one to add to it.

Just kinda wonderin what to do with it.:|

What is one supposed to do with a wedding ring when a marriage ends? This seems like an easy question, you know, hock it, sell it, chuck it in the river. But if there is no hate or anger involved, I mean, whats the ettiquite here? Its not really some great symbol of failure, or love, its pretty much just a ring now,hmm?

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

um...from an ended mariage you would trust it to be on your closing loop? Talk about some bad juju...Even to hock it for jump tickets...I hocked mine, but to buy diapers. Um...I say donate it to something or other.

It would be on a gold closing pin, like for a necklace, not on your rig.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

never been married but as you said...its just a ring now!

use it for something. dont toss it. you may as well hock it an dput it towards something(if you need the $$) if not. stash it somewhere in case you get in a financial bind! then youll have two to hock.
My photos

My Videos

Trick some hapless fool into thinking it has been imbued with dark powers and let them cherish it forever in a dark cave somewhere. :P

Or, you could keep it as a reminder of what you do and do not want in your future relationships.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

My engagement ended in 1999 and I held onto the ring all that time feeling unsure what to do with it. Keep it until you know you can get rid of it without regret (as someone above stated).

Now, here in 2003, I'm selling the ring because I want a rig more than anything and it will help me get there. :)
Cheers!
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

I kept mine to remind me of what I learned from the whole thing falling apart...

It is no longer the symbol of what it was intended for, it is now a symbol of what I believed in and what I hoped for and what I hope to find for real someday. Still a very meaningful symbol for me, just changed in meaning slightly is all. Someday if my son wants it he can have it though.

Just my opinion though...

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

Sell it and put the money towards a container :)
I'm really sorry to hear that, Ed.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Had a friend was married four times used the same ring for ea bride and got married wearing the same suit ea time.

BTW he was a skydiver and had been married so many times he had his marriage/divorce system down pat. No pooling of assets. His was his, hers was hers:S

Beware: Won't work in a community property state

R.I.P.

Sell it and put the money towards a container .
-----------------------------------------------------------

:o Wendy, that just happens to be the next piece of gear I will be looking for :o

How do you do it???

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-