VanillaSkyGirl

Did anyone else...

have their face skin peel off after Eloy? In Arizona, my face was cracking badly due to my open face. A day or two after I returned to California, my skin (especially around my eyes and upper cheeks) peeled like crazy. My hand skin (on the palms) peeled, too, although I wore gloves up there.

Mmmmm....smooth skin. :)

I had dry skin and nose bleeds. I put lotion on my face everyday, and put some up my nose too. It helped a little. My skin wasn't near as bad as last year.

My nose was runny and my eyes were teary for most of the trip. My eyes and upper cheeks were red and raw. It was painful.

Sunny, thanks for the lotion up the nose tip. I have to try that. I thought about putting this in the Women's forum, but even the men were buying face creams and lotions for their chapped skin.

What is everyone's favorite lotions? I know Heather liked her Mary Kay and Katiebear has some with kinetin in it, I think. Katie's lips are so soft. I want to know what she uses on them.

Anvil ~ Thanks Vinny! :)

Its just due to the dry air and 120 mph wind LOL. A lot of people had nose bleeds due to this as well. The air dry's your nasal passages out and cracks causing nose bleeds. The climate takes some getting used to but sure is worth it after the boogie

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

Yeah, face and neck peeled right off. Bright sun and windburn. I did much better this year, but I just can't drink enough water in Arizona. Getting tanked every night didn't help either.

I use neosporin for the inside of my nose when it's dry like that. I'm sure lotion works, but I couldn't hack the smell.

I use neosporin for the inside of my nose when it's dry like that

Thats exactly what i use in my nose. Use a Qtip and only put a little bit in and it works great.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I live up here in the Pacific NorthWET and I get really dry skin every winter. Being indoors is nearly as bad as the desert. Heat in buildings tends to dry out the air. So I have to smear moistureizer on even up here where we get the Perma-Drizzle.

LMAO:D:D:D. I went to college in Tucson, AZ (very close to Eloy) and had moved from Washington D.C. (which is very humid).

I looked like a friggin' lizard for the first few months until I learned the oh so secret to having soft (or normal) skin in AZ....baby oil yourself down in the shower when you're still wet, dry off, and then apply lots of lotion. Did it all through college and it worked.

Now live in San Diego, still do the baby oil thing, and my skin is sooooooooooooo soft (just ask my hubby ;)).

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

LMAO:D:D:D. I went to college in Tucson, AZ (very close to Eloy) and had moved from Washington D.C. (which is very humid).

I looked like a friggin' lizard for the first few months until I learned the oh so secret to having soft (or normal) skin in AZ....baby oil yourself down in the shower when you're still wet, dry off, and then apply lots of lotion. Did it all through college and it worked.

Now live in San Diego, still do the baby oil thing, and my skin is sooooooooooooo soft (just ask my hubby ;)).

I have very soft skin, too, but I don't usually use anything at all. Neither did my grandmother (father's mother) when she was alive. She, my father, brothers and myself have the baby softest skin our bodies. It's natural...genetic. However, when my skin is exposed to extremes, it goes fricking beserk. My skin aged 20 years while at Eloy! LOL!

You know, I have been told about baby oil. I have also done it before, but it's been a while since I have gone to that extreme. I may have to have to get some today and oil myself down. The thing is that I like for my skin to feel as though there is nothing on it. I hate feeling like I am wearing lotions or creams.

Katie's lips are so soft. I want to know what she uses on them.

hehehe tell us how you discovered her soft lips? ;)

She kissed me a few times on New Year's Eve. She called me a prude for turning my cheek, so I let her kiss me on the lips. All I can say is Chuckie's a lucky monkey! :)
Nightingale ~ Yup, I heard that one before. I take a long, hot BATH (not shower) every day or night that I can, so I will be doing that soon.

Katie's lips are so soft. I want to know what she uses on them.

hehehe tell us how you discovered her soft lips? ;)

well maybe cause she was kissing EVERYONE on new years eve.

And i used chapstick before every jump. My face didnt have a problem but my one foot right now is splitting open.....it really hurts to walk....but ill live.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Hmm glad I did not go to Eloy my face might have fallen off seeing as I am a born and raised Tropical person. 100 humidity is sweet!

Damn I am dry winter OHIO! Need . . . . humidity . . . or . . . I . . . am . . . gonna . . . turn . . . to . . . dust:o

You're funny, dude. I feel for you. Ohio... :o :|

I use neosporin for the inside of my nose when it's dry like that

Thats exactly what i use in my nose. Use a Qtip and only put a little bit in and it works great.

Good ol' Vasaline works great for this ailment as well.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon