kelel01

What makes you smile?

Whenever my boyfriend calls me "Princess."
A big glass of water when I wake up in the morning.
French movies.
Blueberry candles.
Finally nailing my sit.
Photos that make me look pretty.
Writing something that really flows.
A big stack of good books I haven't read yet.
New magazines.
Watching "Joe Average." (Shut up! It's a guilty pleasure.)
My new Twilight Singers CD.

What makes me happy?? Time to myself. Spending money on something i actually want. A nice cold beer at the end of a day of jumping. New friends I have found at the DZ. Skydiving, I just remember my jumps and a big fat grin comes over my face.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Knowing I have great friends. Even just thinking of a few, such as flyangel2, sunshine, skybytch, WFFC, sarge, and quite a few more, brings a huge smile to my face.

I wish i could see your smile in person. It's been too long dear.

So very, very true. Soon, I hope.

Oh, and one other thing that makes me smile. Making others laugh. I love it! :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

The things that make me smile:

:):):):)

Blue skies with big white puffy clouds and moderate temps.

Finally sucking up my fear and taking on an obstacle on my mountain bike succesfully.

Skydiving. Always.

When someone tips me better than 20% at work.

Finding my nighttime friend online for some good conversation and, especially, when we laugh about the exact same things at the exact same time. Oh, and his laugh.

Unexpected things...forgotten money found in a pocket, special personal messages, surprise gifts - especially the ones of no real monetary value.

When my neices hug me.

Dogs. They're just awesome.

Oh, and green lights...driving without having to stop.

So many things that make me smile in a day, it's hard to list them all. But these are the first few that come to my mind. And I'm so very thankful for them. :)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Hey Dagny how come there is nothing about biking in there? Haha how is it going for you? Been riding lately?

What makes me smile.....a few things...a certain someone, jumping for certain, riding my bike, when a student I am teaching has the "light bulb" click on, but other than that I havent been smiling much lately. It doesnt seem worth it.:|

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

20 minutes ago. Driving along on the highway. Look over to my left and saw this super cute lil' black baby girl, maybe 1.5-2 years old...in the back seat by her moma... just bouncin up and down like crazy.. laughing and smiling. She was really havin' a time of it! Pure happiness and joy.:)
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

sunsets viewed from under the canopy...
just hanging there looking at, what seems like, the whole world :)
the cute little 1 yr old girl i saw in a local mexican restaurant last night. dancing the macarena to the Mariachi band.:)
private messages or unexpected text messages from special friends :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

Au contraire, my friend..there is something about biking...

Finally sucking up my fear and taking on an obstacle on my mountain bike succesfully.

Happiness is biking...and showing off the war wounds that make me feel like I've accomplished something on it. Why do you have to fall to be a better mtn biker? LOL, who cares, just bring on a beautiful day and good trail! ;)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Ahh well sorry I over viewed that.....my Bad.:P

The only other thing worth smiling about it graduating AFF without having to repeat anything, and standing up all my landings.

Other than that.....[:/]
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

going to the Alzheimer unit and "pretending" with these innocent and nieve people

Ok, this one made me want to cry. Am I the only one who sees this as really sad? :(

I see what you're saying, but damn, that's sad.

Kelly

I know this is sad to most, but I guess that is why I am in long term care. After living a long and respectable life, I really want to give people the best end of life experience that they can possibly have. I have just accepted this disease as a fact of life for them, despite the fact that it is a sad disease. It is more sad for the family than it is for them because they have absolutely no idea it is going on most of the time- not like cancer, where you know you have an illness that is bad.
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

Finally sucking up my fear and taking on an obstacle on my mountain bike succesfully

You know what? I actually don't know how to ride a bike, and that makes me smile. I never learned how to ride a bicycle and a lot of people think that's very, very weird!

My new rig makes me smile!
My parents.
My friends. My dogs Picasso and Frida.
Skydiving. Soft landings.
A good pedicure. Massages.
Love:)

MEN: you can't live with 'em, you can't shoot 'em, but you can act psychotic and keep 'em off balance.
HISPA #10

Things that make me smile:

*Seeing kelel01's avatar. :P
*Being told to do a 360 while in freefall during AFF, spinning around, and seeing nothing but big white puffy clouds with the sun bouncing off of them (that was a few days ago, maybe the biggest smile of my life).
*Standing up a landing after a great jump.
*Hearing someone tell me I made their day.
*Looking up and seeing a perfectly good canopy.
*The smell of nylon in the morning. :P
*Feeling the sun on my face with my friends standing around making me laugh.
*Reading this thread.

Plus lots of other things...I'm a quick smile...maybe even a smile-whore. ;)

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

what little things about life make you smile?

....well this morning waiting in the doctors office I was feeling yukkk when a young mother sat next to me with a baby.............the kuus and awwes and smiles made my smile crack huge!!:P
....in the veg. dept. at grocery store I helped an elderly lady get her plastic bag ripped off the roll and we exchanged huge smilesB|

...last night I attended a class at drum cafe--- (everyone had a riot)
An interactive experience where each delegate was given a large African drum and was guided by an experienced facilitator. Within minutes the whole group was transformed into a drumming ensemble creating music. You have to see it to believe it It is incredible to watch how naturally people take to drumming and music making. The effect of the drumming is a synchronization of energy, a unity and a common purpose. When you hear the rhythm of the group drumming and contribute your beat, you are listening and playing , receptive and creative at the same time. Really fun way to do something together. Everybody was smiling and in a great mood.

SMiles;)

seeing a friend succeed,
being awestruck by a sunrise,
watching animals play and know it's genuine.
having that special someone curl-up next to me

this of course is an incomplete list for further information, please contact the author for a complete list,

thank you,
the management
~~~~Green grass and high clouds forever~~~~
no matter where you go, there you are!

*my dog - and here is where i'll tell you a little story. my dog niko, is really smart. he's 11 now - but still sharp as can be. i've taught him a bunch of tricks over the years - one of which is 'beg'. niko is almost never bad. but if he senses you are upset or mad at him at all, he will walk in front of you and assume the 'beg' position and hold it until you come around. if you turn away from him, he will walk around you to get in front of you and assume the beg position again. he never fails to make me smile. :)

I think the dogs win. My dog does kinda' the same thing. Any time he knows I'm upset (and the weird thing about it is that the dog often knows before the hubby) he comes over and will put his little wet nose under my hand over and over until I give him some attention (i.e. take my thoughts off whatever is bothering me). Dogs are the best!!!

Sorry you're feeling blue [:/]

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

Just life in general!!! Sometimes when you see something really sad or someone let fortunate, it makes you smile and realize that LIFE IS GOOD!!! When we STOP thinking about happiness in terms of our own feelings, that when we have gotten there. If good things happen to other people and that makes you happy, thats good. Start looking outward, and happiness will be there most of the time. When I look at my kids or grandchildren, I just smile and say LIFE'S GOOD.

Ok, things that make me smile . . .

My DZ.com friends (one in particular).;)

My whuffo friends when they're all amazed by my one and only skydiving video (which is of possibly the worst safe skydive ever). :D

Cute little kids who get so excited about everything. :)

Laying the smack down when necessary. >:(

Perfect weather when I'm not at work. B|

$$$ for jump tickets when there's perfect weather and I'm not at work. B|B|B|

Driving in the car with my windows down, music blaring, singing and dancing the whole way . . . even in Atlanta traffic. :)
A "great" skydive (which means a 3-way where we can hold a round :D).

A "shitty" skydive (so far, any of my others). B|

Meeting someone totally unexpectedly, and having him turn out to be wonderful. ;):)
And many, many more things . . . *sigh* :)
Kelly

LIFE! I love my life, I love being me!

I smile whenever my s.o. calls me 'sweetie' or 'darlin.' Heck, I smile at the very thought of him. I smile when i see dogs hanging their heads out of the window of a vehicle. I smile when I see others smiling, it's contagious around here. I smile when I have the capability of making others smile and make them feel good about themselves. I smile when there's not a cloud in the sky and the blue is calling out my name to come play. There a ton of other things that bring a smile to my face. . .. but i would take up a lot more space than most would be willing to read.