Dagny

Funny things parents say...

So, I talked to my sister for a while today. That girl is younger than me, but she keeps me grounded. Anyway, I hear her monitoring the girls playtime with the occasional comment and I realized that it's freakin' hilarious, the things she has to say to them. The girls are 3 and 16 months and terminally energetic.

What I overheard today....

"Cedar, stop putting that bucket on your sister's head!" followed immediately by "Gwyneth, stop putting that bucket on your head!"

"Gwyneth, no eating crayons. Gwyneth, quit feeding crayons to the dog!"

Damn, she rules with an iron fist. LOL :D

What are some of the funny or inane things you've had to say to your kids? Or overheard being said?
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Okay, this is more a funny thing a kid said but ... My son put a chocolate chip cookie into a cassette deck when he was three. When I asked him why in the world he put a cookie in the tape deck he said tearfully, "I just wanted to hear how it sounded."

My girlfriend said her parents used to say.
"Dont slam the door! You'll hurt it, how would you like it if somebody slammed you?"

hehe.

On the way back from a trip out of the state my mom said "dont make me turn this car around!" and my brother and I just said "OK" hehe.

That is so funny... reminds me of when I was a kid... I used to tourment my mother all the time with stupid stuff....kept her on her toes though:)

btw..that one made me layugh out loud.. ...wanted to see how it sounds... good stuff!

A friend of mine has 2 kids who were playing in his living room, spinning, getting dizzy. One fell and bashed his head on the coffee table - leaving an unhurt but crying kid.

His quote: "That's it, no more spinning in this house!"

my response: "Dude, do you realize you just BANNED spinning in your house? Can I spin if I want to?"

He laughed, and I think the kids are free of any tyrannical parentally dictated spin oppression.;)

"if you do not stop this ridiculous behavior, you are going straight to your room!"
"Stop jumping off the couch!
"you are going to lose a privilage!"
"YOU ARE GROUNDED!"
"If you can't be good in the store,we are going straight to the car!"
GEEZ, I sound just like my Mom!
-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

"Don't make me separate you."

I had the reverse problem...when my brother and I would start fighting my mom would threaten to lock us in a room together!!!! :o We did not get along well as kids...fine now.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto