ltdiver

riddle for late at night ;^)

what can you put in a barrel (not fosters)
is odorless, tasteless, CAN be seen by the naked eye
and if you put it in the barrel it will make it lighter...

A torch?

As far as being raped by a woman, I don't know if that's possible. It would kind of be like trying to shove a marshmallow in a piggy-bank.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Sorry I missed this earlier.

is odorless, tasteless, CAN be seen by the naked eye

A hole.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I went to the Out back steak house last night.
Everything they have even the people are from Australia right???????????:P:P:P:P

Oh, don't even get me started! Not a single thing on their menu even remotely resembles what you might consider Australian cuisine!!! And we don't have 'shrimp' in Australia - just prawns!

An authentic Aussie restaurant would have meat pies, dim sims (these have nothing to do with dim sum), chiko rolls and fish'n'chips. A bit more upmarket, you might have kangaroo steak, emu or crocodile. And beetroot and egg on the hamburgers, definitely.

Still, Outback is probably as authentic as our Chinese restaurants. :P

is odorless, tasteless,

sounds like Fosters...

CAN be seen by the naked eye

Oh. A hole. :)
What falls but never breaks?
What breaks but never falls?

nothing to see here

This one's cool...

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching! You probably won't, at first, find anything particularly odd or unusual or in any way dissimilar to any ordinary composition.....

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

yup... here's the whole thing:

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching! You probably won't, at first, find anything particularly odd or unusual or in any way dissimilar to any ordinary composition. That is not at all surprising, for it is no strain to accomplish in so short a paragraph a stunt similar to that which an author did throughout all of his book, without spoiling a good writing job, and it was no small book at that. By studying this paragraph assiduously, you will shortly, I trust, know what is its distinguishing oddity. Upon locating that "mark of distinction," you will probably doubt my story of this author and his book of similar unusuality throughout. It is commonly known among book-conscious folk and proof of it is still around. If you must know, this sort of writing is known as a lipogram, but don't look up that word in any dictionary until you find out what this is all about.

The letter "e," which is the most common letter in the English language, does not appear once in the text of the long paragraph. Nor did the letter "e" appear even once among the over 50,000 words of text in the novel "Gadsby: Champion of Youth" by Ernest Vincent Wright.

From the Encyclopedia Britanica: lipogram - a written text deliberately composed of words not having a certain letter (such as the "Odyssey of Tryphiodorus", which had no alpha in the first book, no beta in the second, and so on).

What other useless information can I find today?

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

yeah a hole is right...

1: the temperature
2: a wave

Good answers, but not quite...

Explain how they are incorrect in any way except that they were not what you were expecting.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

yeah a hole is right...

Explain how they are incorrect in any way except that they were not what you were expecting.

Explain where I pronounced them 'incorrect'? Ellipses simply mean there is more to a sentence. The end of the sentence may well be "...what I was thinking" or "...what it says on riddle.com" or "...as good as Cherry Ripe chocolate bars".

nothing to see here

2: both the water and energy that make up a wave have a lower elevation after it breaks, so therefore it also "falls".

. . =(_8^(1)

2: both the water and energy that make up a wave have a lower elevation after it breaks, so therefore it also "falls".

Wrong - the mean height of the water doesn't change at all. Some water may fall but the wave doesn't, and the energy just changes from one form to another..

yeah a hole is right...

Explain where I pronounced them 'incorrect'? Ellipses simply mean there is more to a sentence. The end of the sentence may well be "...what I was thinking" or "...what it says on riddle.com" or "...as good as Cherry Ripe chocolate bars".

What did "but not quite" mean, then? If it's not quite correct, it can only be incorrect. Any other meaning of your ellipses would be off topic, and irrelevant.

Wrong - the mean height of the water doesn't change at all. Some water may fall but the wave doesn't, and the energy just changes from one form to another..

So the mean height of a 1 foot wave that breaks onto the sand as a two inch pile of foam hasn't changed?

Is it just a case of the mean height of the sand coming up as the wave moves forward, or are both elevations changing?

. . =(_8^(1)