benny

Are you better off now?

Personally, yes I am better off.

The world has changed. It would have changed no matter who is in office. I shudder to think what condition our country and world politics would be in if Gore had been in the office through the events of recent years.
Not a direct answer to your question, I know, but its the first thing that occurred to me when I thought about it.

That seems to be the typical response concerning post 9/11 events... However, as Wendy pointed out before I got the chance, how do you know? You really think anyone in office at that point wouldn't have gone after Bin Laden (or Afghanistan)? We can't be sure, but it is really a cop out to say well I'm just glad it was him rahter than the other guy. The other guy never had the opportunity to make those decisions and it's not exactly fair for you to decide what he would or would not have done for him. We can however see what Bush has done and it certainly has not been to capture Osama.

Well using your same logic how do you know Gore would have done a better job with the economy, or education, or health care, or the deficit? It is really a cop out to assume the other guy would have done it better, since you have no clue how he would have performed in office. The other guy never had the opportunity to screw everything up so how do you know he wouldn't? We can see however that because you do not like Bush you think the other guy would have been better.

Let's be honest. Anything anyone says here is regurgitated rhetoric based on preconceived notions of what you believe to be right and wrong and prejudices based on those beliefs. We can banter back and forth all day but you have no idea how Gore would have done and if Gore had won we would have no idea how Bush would have done. You do not like the way things are, vote in the next election and make sure the guy you want wins and we can sit here and talk about how bad he screwed up the country. Better yet, run for office and see if you can do it better. Okay?

The world has changed. It would have changed no matter who is in office.

It would seem so.

Lets remember that G.W.Bush ran on an isolationist ticket back in 2000. Thats right peeps, he wanted to pull um back...NOT start a war.

So, the question: Do events of the world change the way politians act, and the policies that erupt from them? Absolutely

Is the President of the United States a prime target for our anger? Unbelievably so!

Why? Easy target

It would seem there is a direct correlation between the number of hours spent on the couch watching TV and the number of hours spent bitching that it's someone else's fault for their lot in life.

Keep in mind people that CONGRESS holds the money bags. The president can't do much without money to back it up. Don't like it? America is so great...America will give you the opportunity to change it later this year.

As the geeky kid on the playground, I take serious offense to this, and if you had them, I would kick you in the nuts. :P Now, with respect to real world experience... Ahem, when did Bush get that? Yeah, being given an oil company (which he totally failed at) by his daddies buddies, there's something the common man can relate to, right... :D

Dude.....psssst....you're about to get your eyes scratched out. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

edit: DOH...too late.

As the geeky kid on the playground, I take serious offense to this, and if you had them, I would kick you in the nuts. :P Now, with respect to real world experience... Ahem, when did Bush get that? Yeah, being given an oil company (which he totally failed at) by his daddies buddies, there's something the common man can relate to, right... :D

Dude.....psssst....you're about to get your eyes scratched out. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

edit: DOH...too late.

I've always liked all the kitties I met. :P I don't want to kick you kittie, pet yes, kick no. Remember I'm a geeky pacifist dem. I make love not war. But I did make one or two bullies think twice about picking on the geeky kid back in elementary school. But who cares, those days are long gone, and the world is hardly the playground. We're not talking about kicking people in the nuts really, but rahter hitting them with weapons capable of destroying the entire world. But I digress.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

You left off less safe and less wealthy.

I feel that I am less safe and I know that I am less wealthy than when GWB took office.

Less safe and less wealthy was really supposed to be the plain old "no" response

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Personally, yes I am better off.

The world has changed. It would have changed no matter who is in office. I shudder to think what condition our country and world politics would be in if Gore had been in the office through the events of recent years.
Not a direct answer to your question, I know, but its the first thing that occurred to me when I thought about it.

That seems to be the typical response concerning post 9/11 events... However, as Wendy pointed out before I got the chance, how do you know? You really think anyone in office at that point wouldn't have gone after Bin Laden (or Afghanistan)? We can't be sure, but it is really a cop out to say well I'm just glad it was him rahter than the other guy. The other guy never had the opportunity to make those decisions and it's not exactly fair for you to decide what he would or would not have done for him. We can however see what Bush has done and it certainly has not been to capture Osama.

Well using your same logic how do you know Gore would have done a better job with the economy, or education, or health care, or the deficit? It is really a cop out to assume the other guy would have done it better, since you have no clue how he would have performed in office. The other guy never had the opportunity to screw everything up so how do you know he wouldn't? We can see however that because you do not like Bush you think the other guy would have been better.

Let's be honest. Anything anyone says here is regurgitated rhetoric based on preconceived notions of what you believe to be right and wrong and prejudices based on those beliefs. We can banter back and forth all day but you have no idea how Gore would have done and if Gore had won we would have no idea how Bush would have done. You do not like the way things are, vote in the next election and make sure the guy you want wins and we can sit here and talk about how bad he screwed up the country. Better yet, run for office and see if you can do it better. Okay?

Oh....I TOTALLY agree.