airdvr

Jumpsuits have a purpose...

...not the least of which is to cover things up.

I couldn't help notice the jumper in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3SdjTPCIE

Thr first jumper who's sitflying in the green t-shirt. Looks like a problem waiting for a place to happen. I'm pretty sure a friend of mine spent the rest of this life pulling on his t-shirt and his reserve handle.

Let's be smart out there.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Thr first jumper who's sitflying in the green t-shirt. Looks like a problem waiting for a place to happen. I'm pretty sure a friend of mine spent the rest of this life pulling on his t-shirt and his reserve handle.

Lets be hetero-sexual out there.

That looks like a cute chick in the green T-shirt. Nobody stepped up and offered to help tuck her shirt under her legstraps?

Which is why I like our rule that all pre-A jumpers need to jump a one-piece jumpsuit. After your A you can jump a 2piece or streetclothes, but streetclothes have caused loads of problems if not serious accidents before, also with (very) experienced jumpers. Freeflyers seem the most prone to this. I've seen "freefly coaches" go up with newbies is shirts/sweaters that weren't even tucked in their pants [:/]

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Lets be hetero-sexual out there.

That looks like a cute chick in the green T-shirt. Nobody stepped up and offered to help tuck her shirt under her legstraps?

Sigh. No self-respecting lesbian would have let that oppurtunity pass by. Maybe we need more of them.
Owned by Remi #?

...I'm pretty sure a friend of mine spent the rest of this life pulling on his t-shirt and his reserve handle.

Yes, be smart...Look at your handles first before you go grabbing T-shirts and harnesses instead of handles.

T-shirt floating in a sit. Bad juj-ju if you're going to be pulling handles in a sit.

Where would your T-shirt most likely be on your belly for pull time? Yes, could be anywhere. Ergo...Look first before pulling EP handles.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...I'm pretty sure a friend of mine spent the rest of this life pulling on his t-shirt and his reserve handle.

Yes, be smart...Look at your handles first before you go grabbing T-shirts and harnesses instead of handles.

T-shirt floating in a sit. Bad juj-ju if you're going to be pulling handles in a sit.

Where would your T-shirt most likely be on your belly for pull time? Yes, could be anywhere. Ergo...Look first before pulling EP handles.

True. Canopy collision and bad wrap on a demo with a bad spot to boot. He cutaway clean but never got his reserve out. Wasn't wearing a jumpsuit and the only explanation we could come up with was grabbing silver and t-shirt.

Watching that vid made me think of it.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Looks scary. That guy with the green tshirt reminds me of myself at jump 54. I was freeflying with a normal sweater, not freefly specific clothes, and during the sitfly position my sweater blew over my reserve and cutaway handles. When I pulled the main I had a pilot chute in tow. I frantically tried to clear the handles unsuccesfully but after a few seconds the main came out by itself (I think this happened because I went headlow and increased my airspeed and drag against the pilot chute.) Needless to say I bought freefly clothes the same day.

Eli :)
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

I've never jumped without a flightsuit, even though there were plenty of times I wanted to. Oddly enough, it has nothing to do with safety, per se.....more of a quirk. I haven't biffed since AFF but if I ever do....I'd rather lose cordura, than skin. :|

"T'was ever thus."

You can fly directly under a tandem and it will not fall on you because of the drogue. The tandem master will just not be able to turn due to no air.

I was filming a tandem when another jumper passed below the tandem, the tandem DID drop a few feet.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

You can fly directly under a tandem and it will not fall on you because of the drogue. The tandem master will just not be able to turn due to no air.

"No air" means you just reduced the lift on the passenger, causing it to drop. If you happen to be there when he needs to pull, it will really drop. That happened to HookNSwoop when he was a TI. And if you happen to have a premature deployment under the tandem, you will ruin everyones day.

Stay the hell out from under tandems. Period.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You can fly directly under a tandem and it will not fall on you because of the drogue.

Apparently the laws of physics and aerodynamics don't work where you live.

1 - you're wrong on that statement - don't fly under a tandem
2 - think about premature deployment under someone that has very restricted mobility - don't fly under a tandem
3 - don't fly under a tandem
4 - something about not flying under a tandem

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You can fly directly under a tandem and it will not fall on you because of the drogue.

Apparently the laws of physics and aerodynamics don't work where you live.

1 - you're wrong on that statement - don't fly under a tandem
2 - think about premature deployment under someone that has very restricted mobility - don't fly under a tandem
3 - don't fly under a tandem
4 - something about not flying under a tandem

What he said, the life you save might be mine or my students or both, probably both.

Blue Skies

Ditto. What you do with other upjumpers is your business. Leave the bystanders out of it. They come to the DZ and drop a couple hundred bucks under the assumption that every safety precaution is being taken for them. They put their life in your hands. If the behavior in question warrants any kind of discussion whatsoever, it should be avoided. Doing otherwise is unfair to the people who don't know any better.