cvfd1399

We have got to be the most hated site

Every time someone posts a link we attack it and shut it down! LOL I just tried to play both penguin games and it was gone!:S

:o What do you mean the Penguin games are gone? What am I suppose to do?[:/]

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

A few monthes ago I coined the term "Dropzone effect", which can be defined as:

"The Dropzone Effect is the sudden, relatively temporary surge in traffic to a Web site that occurs when dropzone.com user posts a story that refers visitors to another Web site. The effect gets its name from the Dropzone Web site, which provides content about skydiving and related activities, and sometimes features news about other related but less-traveled activities. However, the effect can be perceived when any large Web site posts a high-interest, widely-publicized story, about another site. The effect is obviously much more noticeable on smaller sites and the surge in traffic sometimes will slow a site down or make it impossible to reach."

I prefer to think of it in terms of rending a perfectly good webserver into a molten mass of silicon goo.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

If stuff goes down after being posted on this site it is probably becasue it is has been posted other places as well. The amount of people on this site doesn't even begin to touch some other sites out there: slashot, fark, etc.

Hmm...how interesting that one can plagiarize a definition of the "Slashdot Effect," replace a few of the words, and claim that he coined a new term! :P

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,289893,sid9_gci214064,00.html

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Hmm...how interesting that one can plagiarize a definition of the "Slashdot Effect," replace a few of the words, and claim that he coined a new term! :P

_Pm

Wow busted!! Smooth clean and painless!! :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

_Pm

Wow busted!! Smooth clean and painless!! :ph34r:

Wow!

Talk about being hoist upon one's own petard...;)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I have to make a ruling on that. The judge finds that there were differences in the statement and the post will be allowed:S

Did you hear the "whoosh" as my point flew directly over your head?;)

My favourite is the Penny Arcade version of it - wanged. There's something very funny about the verb "to wang":D

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Wow!

Talk about being hoist upon one's own petard...;)

Well, you know...that's one of my duties as AndyMan's wife. Or was that something else...? :ph34r:

_Pm

No, that's it exactly.

Thanks for the laugh.

Hope you two are well.