gary350

500th!!!!! Dead Americans, That Is. . .

my high school mascot was an elk...you should be ashamedB|.....the best shot i can recount for me was spearing a dime at 150 yds without breaking the outer edge. i had to put an orange sticker on it so that i could see it thru the m24 fixed ten.B|
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Elk is some good eating meat man... and we have plenty out here in WA and OR. But I love hunting... but pulling the trigger brings on a WHOLE lot of work and pain.. I only go when I have freinds that want to help hump it out of the woods. The first time I shot one I walked up to it and thought OH SHIT.. its as big as a freakin horse.. now what the hell am I going to do.. I was 9 miles from the trailhead.

that's a nice rifle.....

I had it custom built by an old school gunsmith.... my other one is far more impressive.. the blank was cut out of a tree that was felled in the Ozarks before WWII and cured.. Birdseye maple. with vermillion wood and ivory inlays. we took a high number nickle steel Springfield 30.06 action threw away the barrel and put another Douglas barrrel chambered for 300 Win Mag.. but it is heavier and its a bitch to carry up at 8000 ft plus.

Some interesting reading here about terrorism, Iraq, President Bush, and various terror organizations in Iraq...

State of the Union Address, January, 2002
Excerpted: "Iraq continues to flaunt its hostility toward America and to support terror. The Iraqi regime has plotted to develop anthrax, and nerve gas, and nuclear weapons for over a decade. This is a regime that has already used poison gas to murder thousands of its own citizens -- leaving the bodies of mothers huddled over their dead children. This is a regime that agreed to international inspections -- then kicked out the inspectors. This is a regime that has something to hide from the civilized world.

States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to terrorists, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack our allies or attempt to blackmail the United States. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic.

We will work closely with our coalition to deny terrorists and their state sponsors the materials, technology, and expertise to make and deliver weapons of mass destruction. We will develop and deploy effective missile defenses to protect America and our allies from sudden attack. (Applause.) And all nations should know: America will do what is necessary to ensure our nation's security.

We'll be deliberate, yet time is not on our side. I will not wait on events, while dangers gather. I will not stand by, as peril draws closer and closer. The United States of America will not permit the world's most dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world's most destructive weapons. (Applause.)"

By the way, he mentioned Iraq 2 times, Hussein zero, terrorism 3 times....you get the idea...

Speech to the UN September 12, 2002
Excerpt: In 1991, the U.N. Security Council, through Resolution 687, demanded that Iraq renounce all involvement with terrorism, and permit no terrorist organizations to operate in Iraq. Iraq's regime agreed. It broke this promise. In violation of Security Council Resolution 1373, Iraq continues to shelter and support terrorist organizations that direct violence against Iran, Israel, and Western governments. Iraqi dissidents abroad are targeted for murder. In 1993, Iraq attempted to assassinate the Emir of Kuwait and a former American President. Iraq's government openly praised the attacks of September the 11th. And al Qaeda terrorists escaped from Afghanistan and are known to be in Iraq."

Speech In Cinncinnati
October 7, 2002

Anyway...on to the terrorism thought.

Iraq has a long history of sponsoring state terror, and of being involved with at a high level encouraging such attacks. Some of the direct connections between known terrorists and Iraq include:
~Abu Abbas, the mastermind of the Achille Lauro, and his group (PLO, PLF);
~Al Ansar - this is a very itneresting link...and this Mujahadin-e-Khalq (MEK)"> http://library.nps.navy.mil/home/tgp/asb.htm]link [/url, too.
~[url http://library.nps.navy.mil/home/tgp/mek.htm]Mujahadin-e-Khalq (MEK)
;
~[url http://library.nps.navy.mil/home/tgp/abu.htm]ANO, or Abu Nidal Organization (btw, Nidal was found dead in Bahgdad in AUgust (iirc);
~15 May Organization (now defunct);

And then there's the famous Salman Pak....I've done a bunch of research on it, and posted here. Run a search on it, and you should find some interesting reading.

FYI, A great listing of some good, bad, functional and defunct terrorism organizations can be found here.

Happy reading!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Freefallfreak, tuna and labrys! Stop making me shoot beer out my NOSE!

I've started rating talk back posts based on the amount of beer sprayed on my monitor. There is "pissed off" beer spray and "f&*king funny" beer spray. I'd write more about this thread but I can't see my monitor any more.
Owned by Remi #?

Benny, if I were drinking beer, I'd've spewed it on the monitor because of your comment. You didn't even bother looking at ANY of the websites I linked...let alone read them, take them into your brain, consider them, and point out what is wrong/right.

Good grief. Do you really just accept anything your people tell you, and not take anything else into consideration? 'Twould seem so, and would explain your very narrow view on a gigantic world full of twists, turns, and complications.

Sigh...

Ciels-
michele

So If I read your post and other posts correctly... we were in support of UN resolutions...

http://www.factsofisrael.com/load.php?p=http://www.factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000421.htm

Trouble is that MOST of the rest of the world sees the US blocking ANY resolution AGAINT Isreal as UBER hypocritical.
While I admire what the Israeli's have done to build a country in the face of great odds.. they CONSTANTLY thumb their noses at the UN we are trying to so staunchly support with the very selective UN resolutions that are convieniently used to go to war in Iraq.
I am sure the Israeli's are not losing sleep over the demise Sadaam Hussein in your beloved Israel.

Just so you don't get a narrow-minded view of that website diverdiver, check out The U.S. Army War College's study of the Bush adminstration's war on terror.

The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, the
Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government. This report is cleared for public
release; distribution is unlimited.

Nice try though Benny. :D

I am sure the Israeli's are not losing sleep over the demise Sadaam Hussein in your beloved Israel.

Nor should they be.

As to it being "my" beloved Isreal, I did not say that....not sure where you got that idea.

Ciels-
Michele

What branch of the service did Michael Moore serve in? Clinton?

Gee on BALANCE from that list who the hell cares anymore.. neither of them have any power to get people killed... you have a far left wahcko.. and a good ole boy from the south who liked getting his pole sucked and playing with cigars.... I will take their lies... that did not get a single American killed as opposed to the other VERY LONG LIST of lies by the people in this administration going back to selling drugs to support thier clandestine war in Central America.http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB2/nsaebb2.htm

Same people same lies.

The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, the
Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government. This report is cleared for public
release; distribution is unlimited.

When did I claim that what I linked to was necessarily reflecting the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, the Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government?

Nice try at what, saying that there are other opinions out there? Even that some of them are by military scholars? Hmmm... thanks though. It's sure better than "what an asshole".;)

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Now you're twisting my principles.

No comment

It's not wrong to take out one, because you didn't take out the other. It's wrong to do so without significant reason and then to claim that the real reason is to "free" those poor people.

Wasn't the operation called "Iraqi Freedom"?

That's a lie, if it were about freeing people we'd be in a lot more places than Iraq.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

never pull low......unless you are

I will take their lies... that did not get a single American killed

You can't be serious, Jeanne.

You really can't be serious.

Please, tell me you don't think Clinton's inaction/lies/ignoring of the issues didn't get anyone killed.

Please tell me you see beyond that tripe....

Ciels-
Michele

When did I claim that what I linked to was necessarily reflecting the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, the Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government?

What were you trying to demonstrate or claim with the post in question?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

He lied under oath about getting a blow job... hell I am glad he was getting some sex to relieve some of that political tension... so he did not feel prone to go to war with a LIE about WMD to relieve his family frustration... THAT MAN TRIED TO KILL MY DADDY.... Maybe if he got laid once in a while we would not be at war getting young men and women.. killed in a far off place...but directing a well thought out policy of going after the people who actually attacked us and building a better place in the world.. but I guess Afghanistan does not have much oil for his oil business cronies to make billions off of.

So.. instead of an internationl effort to stop terrorism.. we have shown the world we are a big bully who does not really believe in the UN. We have shown contempt for the rest of the world and it will come back to haunt our children.

.. and a good ole boy from the south who liked getting his pole sucked and playing with cigars.... I will take their lies... that did not get a single American killed as opposed to the other VERY LONG LIST of lies by the people in this administration going back to selling drugs to support thier clandestine war in Central America.

Some people would say that Clinton caused deaths by his inaction. After Clinton, OBL actually thought that they would get away with 9-11.

never pull low......unless you are

He lied under oath about getting a blow job... hell I am glad he was getting some sex to relieve some of that political tension... so he did not feel prone to go to war with a LIE about WMD to relieve his family frustration... THAT MAN TRIED TO KILL MY DADDY.... Maybe if he got laid once in a while we would not be at war getting young men and women.. killed in a far off place...but directing a well thought out policy of going after the people who actually attacked us and building a better place in the world.. but I guess Afghanistan does not have much oil for his oil business cronies to make billions off of.

Surely you can do better than this, Jeanne. Your anger and emotion are obvious, your conclusion and the facts leading to it are not.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

What were you trying to demonstrate or claim with the post in question?

-
Jim

I was trying to demonstrate that I didn't understand what GravityMaster was trying to say. The only claim I might have implied is that my preceding post wasn't disingenuous. It think I referred to that in the second paragraph; to quote myself

Nice try at what, saying that there are other opinions out there? Even that some of them are by military scholars?

Never go to a DZ strip show.