BigWaveDave

50 Ways To Leave Your Lover

The hardest thing is not becoming bitter towards the opposite sex when things go to hell....just because one person hurts you doesnt mean that they are all going to. There are great people out there, you just have to find them. I see a lot of people just jump from relationship to relationship with out taking time to reflect on what really went wrong with the last one, just kind of pick up and keep going. That is not fair to themselves or the other partys involved. Taking time to reflect and look back at things to see what you can do to make the next relationship better and more productive. Relationships take 2 people to work.

You have to take the time, pick up the pieces, breathe a bit, then dive back in head first. I so agree that life and love are major risks....but it is so worth it. You just have to know when you are ok to be playing the game :D its not fair to drag someone else down with your baggage

I have full faith that I will find someone that I will be able to have a strong bond and friendship with....as well as be intimate. Its a trial and error process, and really I dont ask for much.....just respect, love and honest communication....:)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Ron, you're on the wrong side of the continent! LOL. but perhaps if you're ever in LA, I'll introduce you.

Ever heard of Delta?:)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I don't need to give you my story, you already know it. But I can say this, as long as you are enjoying what you have when you have it there is no wrong way (no pun intended wrongway).

I don't want to be single the rest of my life however the way things are going I can't be sure my life won't be single forever. I may be without a significant other but I can say that I have never felt more full of friends since I joined the skydiving world. Even when alone I know I am not alone, we have each other to get us through the hard times. In my opinion that is all I need to play this difficult game called life. Maybe my emotions are easily healed but I have never felt like I could not conquer what life has delt me. Getting upset is normal, pain is normal, but it should not be to the point where it controls your life.

I'm done now. :P
Heather
Life doesn't have to be perfect in order to be beautiful!

personally, I feel that life is 90% roses and 10% weeds... but, its much easier to concentrate on weeds.

its easier to focus on things that are going wrong than things that are going right.

Someone emailed me this a while ago, and its so true...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am thankful-

For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes--
Because that means he is at home not on the streets.

For the taxes that I pay--
Because it means I am employed.

For the mess to clean after a party--
Because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug--
Because it means I have enough to eat.

For my shadow that watches me work--
Because it means I am out in the sunshine.

For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing--
Because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government--
Because it means we have freedom of speech.

For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot--
Because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.

For my huge heating bill--
Because it means I am warm.

For the lady behind me in church who sings off key--
Because it means I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing--
Because it means I have clothes to wear.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day--
Because it means I have been capable of working hard.

For the alarm that goes of in the early morning hours--
Because it means I am alive.

For the partner who hogs the covers every night, because they are home with me and not out with someone else.

And finally, for too much email--
Because it means I have friends who are thinking of me!

--Author unknown

Well, she walks into the room, and without hesitation, says "I have something I need to tell you".

Sure, confession is good for the soul. The soul of the transgressor. They rely on the person to forgive them and tell them that they are basically good. I always thought of confession as a self-serving thing. It shows no regard for the feelings of the offended party.

It is just like the original act, thinking only of their own needs without regards to others.

Damn chica, you should write a book!! ;):P

Really though, you have an excellent point. After that relationship, I waited prolly a year before I dated someone exclusively again. I'm glad I did, cuz otherwise I surely would have been bitter and any relationship would have been counterproductive.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

They rely on the person to forgive them and tell them that they are basically good.

Then I guess telling her she was a filthy whore wasn't what she expected? ;)

Yeah, that was what she portrayed when she said in her defense "It was just a mistake". Hahaha, I don't think so. Once could be a mistake, and not even going as far as she did. Three times with that amount of time between? Nope, that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAY beyond mistake. That's just plain being a slut. No way around it. B|

To anyone who was gonna respond to that with something like "What's her number?", sorry to burst your bubble, but she's now married...........to a professional bowler. B|:D:D:D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Careful here, this is second hand opinion. Don't invest the big cash in a blind date. (Greyhound $99-to-anywhere tickets. )

I work for an airline...25.00 anywhere
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Wow... that is a very good poem!! Makes ya think (esp bout the huge heating bill :P) Thank you.

WrongWay, I agree w/ you eeneR has excellent points & from where she's coming, a very good outlook.

Hmatousek, i've always said you are amazingly cheerful & upbeat... it's true though, bout the friends.

Guess I should 'stop to smell the roses' - you all seem to find them so easily, I just keep running into gardenias (not much smell at all). Execpt my wonderful s/o, but then it just makes me more afraid, excited & scared @ the same time. I HATE uncertainty! UGH!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Ok... I'm 100% commitment phobic & this thread doesn't help AT ALL!!
I've never stuck to any one thing in my life, friends, home, desires, hobbies, fav foods, colors NOTHING.

Erica,
Sounds like your relationship is doing so well that you're waiting for something to go wrong.;)

Enjoy it while it's there - tomorrow isn't guaranteed to any of us! !

Sounds like your relationship is doing so well that you're waiting for something to go wrong

pretty much. and from all these posts, looks like the chances are pretty good.
i am & do enjoy what I have, it's amazing. but the extent of it's greatness comes an equal chance of pain just as bad. that threat of pain & suckiness is what makes a commitment phobe out of me.

there are some truely amazing people out there (Heather) that have a resilience so strong, i stand by in awe. it is only slight amounts of emotional pain that have given me an extreemly pessimestic/ trust no one out look.

i have only to learn. but learning by seeing the crud in life does not entice me to learn at all.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

I had a live in relationship of about three years with a girl at work kind on the QT. One day a strange guy walks into the office and my GF went over to him and to my shock and disbeleif, gave him a very suggestive hug and announced that this wonderful man is her new BF that she has been seeing the last two weeks. I just had to sit there and take it since it was against company rules to be "involved" with co workers.[:/]

Of course, this was the girl that I was living with when I discovered skydiving (neglect, neglect) so I guess I deserved it:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

but the extent of it's greatness comes an equal chance of pain just as bad. that threat of pain & suckiness is what makes a commitment phobe out of me.

That sounds exactly like something I said this weekend, so I completely understand what you're saying. My exact words were, "Sometimes looking at happy couples depresses me: 1) Because they're happy, so they suck, and 2) Because I look at them and think that someday they're gonna break up, and that sucks too (for them)."

Now why would anyone ever call me a cynic? :D

And I mean no disprespect to those of you who are in happy relationships in which you see and hold your SO all the time. Lucky bastards that you are. :D

Kelly

You know what's funny. It seems that the nicer you are the more you get fucked over.

I have a few friends who are total players and they treat the girls (yes the girlsssssss) that they date like shit. The girls will do any thing for them.
It seems to me more and more that if you treat people like shit then do one thing nice once a year every one is like wow he is so great. But if your nice all the time people want more. I have no idea there is no way i can be an A$$ i feel bad if i kill a fly but i wish i could be a total dicks somtimes.

I will say this just be fare. The girls that my freinds do date i would not go out with if you payed me.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Just for the fact that they let them self be treated like that.
I like people who respect them self that is usually a good sign that they will respect others.
and I just couldn't see having any kind of a conversation with them.

And yes i tell my guy friends how i feel also. My honesty has kept my friend number to a minimum but the friends i do have rock.

too many guys who are "nice" use being nice as an excuse to never make any decisions, which drives me NUTS!

I dated a guy (same one who had the newspaper issue) who refused to make any kind of decision about where we were going or what we were going to do. I had to plan EVERYTHING, and after a while, I got WAY sick of it. He couldn't understand that I don't always want to do everything I want, sometimes I want him to get to do what he wants. Sure, I may not be a huge fan of Lakers games, but if he wants to go once in a while, that's fine with me, especially if he put up with me dragging him off to see Phantom of the Opera or Les Miserables. But he just couldn't understand that women don't always want to decide every little freakin' detail. sometimes, its nice to be able to relax and leave the planning up to someone else. he just didn't get it.

for example:

him: lets go out tonight.

me: okay. what do you want to do?

him: whatever you want is fine.

me: I chose last time, and all ten times before that. its your turn to decide. as long as we're not just hanging out at home, I'll be happy.

him: I've decided that you're deciding. what do you want to do?

me: you never choose!

him: thats because I want you to be happy!

me: I'd be happier if you could make a decision sometimes. Not all the time, but once in a while, I'd like to not have to make all the plans.

him: but I want to do what you want to do.

me: its not like I have some secret agenda and want you to read my mind. I really don't care where we go as long as its off this couch and out the front door.

him: okay. no secret agenda. got it. so, you decide this time, and I'll choose next time.

me: thats what you said last time and the four times before that. will you freakin' pick something? I really don't care what, I just want to get out of here for the evening.

him: ok. then where do you want to go?

me: fine. I give up. lets just stay home.

~~~

I don't want to make all the f-ing decisions in a relationship. He thought he was being nice, and I thought he was trying to drive me CRAZY! Girls want partners, not yes-men!

oh i agree. Indecisiveness drives me nuts

Being nice or what I mean by being nice doesn't mean you agree all the time. I mean you care about the person and what makes them happy.

me: its not like I have some secret agenda and want you to read my mind. I really don't care where we go as long as its off this couch and out the front door.

and

me: fine. I give up. lets just stay home.

DING DING DING!!!! And we have a WHINNNA! (Winer!)

That's what he wanted in the first place. Was there a game on?:D:ph34r::D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.