Bigwallmaster

Some cool pics I want to share.

What's up kids!

Just got back to Cali from a 4 day backcountry ski trip to Colorado. I managed to get a few cool pictures of the area we skied called US Basin, in the San Juan mountains near Ouray, Colorado. It was one of the more amazing areas I have ever skied.

The avalanche danger was a little sketchy, but we stuck to the lower angle slopes and higher ridglines for most of our ascent. We summited the peak on the right skyline and skied amazing lines from there to the valley floor.

Just wanted to remind everyone that there is at least one other great sport out there besides skydiving.

I hope the pictures upload ok. Let me know if there are problems.

cheers,

J.P.

I'm in Colorado and "they" call Ouray
"little Switzerland"...I am dual nationality American/Suisse. I skiied 10 yrs in Switzerland in Crans-Montana and Zuoz and I guarantee you after this experience in Ouray, it is a MUST that you ski in Switzerland! Goosebumps!B| that you'll never forget.

Switzerland is great!!

I went there about 7 years ago. Unfortunately the snow was not all that good but overall a great experience. I also spent quite a bit of time in Chamonix, skiing and climbing. Equally great!! I would recommend these areas for anyone with interests in alpinist pursuits.

Without a doubt, Ouray ranks right up there though.