MattM

Given the scenario, should I get a cat?

http://home.earthlink.net/~mattmclean/bria1.gif
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattmclean/bria2.gif

Picked her up this afternoon, I'm thinkin I'll call her Bria... dont know for sure yet. :D

Edit to say sorry the pics are dark... but she loves my camper and porbably thinks its paradise compared to that little ass cell she was in for 2 years.

Matt

Congratulations, Matt!

Coupla notes from a cat owner....err, cat slave.

1. If you leave food out, and water out, and there's some fresh air (a cracked window during the summer), then Bria will be just fine.
2. The litter box issue is not as bad as it used to be. Spend the extra $$ and get the crystal stuff. I have three cats, and I clean it every other day; you'll never smell it. I switched because it was better for odor, and my vet recommended it.
3. Please don't let her out. Even if you think she's fine, she may not be. It's much better to be safe than sorry. She will be totally fine inside.

If you have any other questions, behavior problems, adjustment issues (yes, they happen), pm me and I'll do my best to help. I've handled three cats - two "strays" and one "feral", and they are all loving, well adjusted (well, perhaps except Pie. She's just nuts...she's a calico...no help for her), and friends with each other and with me.

Ciels-
MIchele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I totally agree with Michele and Nightingale, keep the cat indoors. I've had 6 cats (2 brothers each time) over the last 15 years that were indoor/outdoor cats. Only one is still around and it's because he stays indoors now and he's fine with it. Lost 2 of them to dogs, 1 to a coyote and the other 2 I don't know what happened to.:(:(>:(

As far as the litter box, use the crystal type litter mentioned above or the one I just started using made from pine. It's absolutely odor free if you clean it out every other day.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

A) CATS DON'T SUCK

B) IT WILL BE FINE INDOORS OR OUT , PREFERABLY IN OF A NIGHT WOULD MAKE SMALL WILDLIFE THANKFUL!

C) NO SUCH THING RE DOGS. WE USED TO HAVE A 60KG ROTTIE THAT HAPPILY PLAYED (AND WAS GENTLE WITH) FOUR OTHER CATS WE HAD AT VARIOUS TIMES.

A). Don't get a cat. Cats suck.

B). If you do, why don't you just let it run around?

C). My parent's cat actually lives in their bedroom, on account of our killer German Shepherd mutt that we have.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

Don't get your cat declawed and then let him or her roam. (Do get it neutered/spayed.) Works for us; we have four. They actually come when we call them.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Sometimes, Paige, getting a dog wouldn't work - like for me. As much as I'd love one. And a great alternative to a dog is a cat....

I just woke from a drug induced nap, and Esse stayed next to me the entire time. She knows when I'm not well, and watches over me.

I've got cool cats....

Matt, how's Bria doing today?

Ciels-
Michele

Sometimes, Paige, getting a dog wouldn't work - like for me. As much as I'd love one. And a great alternative to a dog is a cat....

I just woke from a drug induced nap, and Esse stayed next to me the entire time. She knows when I'm not well, and watches over me.

I've got cool cats....

Matt, how's Bria doing today?

Ciels-
Michele

It was a joke;)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

It was a joke

Ah. Well, drugs do weird things to me. ALthough I do admit, I'd love a dog. Circumstances just wouldn't permit it for me at the moment....

Benny, you'd be surprised on some of the things we agree on. I disagree with you in some aspects (o.k., a lot...fine, most...), but there are some things we agree on.;)

Ciels-
Michele

I'm all doped up too. Have meningitis and will be bed ridden for about 2 weeks, if I'm not in and out of the hospital the entire time.

Speedy recovery to you and yours. I'm here if you need anything. Please don't hesitate to ask, anything at all!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Speedy recovery to you and yours. I'm here if you need anything. Please don't hesitate to ask, anything at all!

Ditto, darling. Ditto. At the very least, we can share good hallucinations. Deal?
:SB| Hugs to you.

just what kind of drugs are you on??

The good stuff...don't worry, when I get off them, I'll be back proving you wrong time and again. 'Til then, just enjoy the break. :P;)

Now, let's stop hijacking poor Matt's thread about his kitty....

Ciels-
Michele

Ok, I like cats. They rule, but here is the situation. I live on the DZ in a camper. I leave for work at 7:30am and get back home at 2pm and as late as 5pm.

So if I was to get a cat, would he die from loneliness or being cramped in my camper (it's not that small).

Just lookin to give a cat a good home, cuz I would take care of him.... when I am there. I would hate to bring a cat home and it sucks for the poor thing... is there such thing as a DZ cat? :-)

I got myself a cat in October, a year after my other cat died. (I'd had the first one since 10th grade! -- 15+ years!)

I had to consider the fact that I work full time and would have to leave the cat alone from 17:30 til 02:30. I even was told I should get TWO cats so they could be company for each other... but I didn't want the responsibility and additional expense of a second cat.

I got my cat from a shelter. I looked at the kittens, and considered taking a brother-sister pair home. On a whim I checked the "cat" room (more grown-up than in the kitten room) and found my sweetie. She's silver-gray and white, and I named her Feather. She apparently does fine when I'm at work (she does get into some shit though), and when I come home she's affectionate and she sleeps on my bed with me, too.

Okay, she's no substitute for a woman, but I'm workin' on that, okay?! :D

I say, get the cat. Be good to her and she'll enjoy her life. Pick up one that would be destroyed if you didn't.
[edited: see the piccy piccies!]
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"