ifics

How many of you have 2 rigs?

Technically, I do. But I'm about to be a 1-rigger. I've used my old gear (which I actually like a lot) twice in the last year, so it's just not worth it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

well i have 3 rigs actually... only one realy good one though... the other two are pretty old and well som people wonder why i hav em.. but as it works out there is always somebody needing a rig to jump so they get loaned out.... pluss they were such a good price i couldn't pass em up... heck picked up one for 200 bucks and it isn't bad...

At one time when I worked at the DZ I had two freefall rigs and one CReW rig. Now that I don't work at a DZ anymore, I got rid of one of the freefall rigs. Having to maintain two rigs is enough.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Actually I think I have 5 rigs. I save too much stuff (say pack rat). Most people would not even think about jumping some of them but I would.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I have three. I for accuracy/demos, one for birdman jumps, and one with a crossfire that works great for video.
My goal is to have ten rigs, so I can make ten jumps at the DZ rather quickly, take them all home and pack them in climate controlled comfort. I doubt that day will ever come though.

How do ya like it Johnny?

I only have 1 right now - but will probably order a 2nd one by the end of the year. Don't need it yet. It will be good for when I start shooting video and when I want to jump a lot. My boyfriend has 2 and it makes his life much easier when he's busy at the dz or if one is being serviced - he has a spare. :)

I have three. I for accuracy/demos, one for birdman jumps, and one with a crossfire that works great for video.
My goal is to have ten rigs, so I can make ten jumps at the DZ rather quickly, take them all home and pack them in climate controlled comfort. I doubt that day will ever come though.

I think it would be cheaper to move closer to a DZ with climate controlled packing area

Never go to a DZ strip show.

I think 2 rigs is important, although I only have 1 rig right now. I'm looking at a 2nd rig for CRW :)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I have two, One is an old Minisystem Rig with a Papillion in it, i don't have the reserve for it though. The other one that i jump is an 89 Talon That Amy Novak (billvon's wife) are letting me use. Aint she cool!! :)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Definitely not overkill..... especially since you could resell one of em!

A lot of instructors @ our DZ have two rigs.... that way they can make back-to-back loads, or just not have to wait for their rig to get packed.
And yeah, it definitely allows you to do more jumping. In some cases people have a little more conservative, recurrency canopy in 1 rig, and their regular canopy in a second rig.... must be nice to have $$$ :D

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

Still trying to piece together the second rig.Goal for summer: 2nd rig
Question for those with 2 rigs: Is it weird or not as safe switching rigs back to back? Especially if one canopy is quite different.
Guess it's not much different than those "old rental days" I'm thinking. Or is it like trying to date two women at the same time ? (not a good idea.) I see the need for two rigs. Just hope they are simular. Wow so anyone know if dating twins is a good idea?

I have two, but one is offline. It is to much work to keep both up , and I end up needing them like almost never.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334