piisfish

proud of GWB ??

just a stupid european question...
are you proud of what he is doing now, trying to say that he had bad informations to go to war ???

my defense on that case :
modern wars are mostly based on information/intelligence.
can you trust your services if they provide you with false info ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

THis will turn into a partisian discusion, but A good deal of the intell was bad. Too bad for the liberals though that the Intell community spans both the Clinton and Bush administrations. I guess you blame both. Tenent should be fired though.

BTW - I vote PROUD.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

THis will turn into a partisian discusion, but A good deal of the intell was bad. Too bad for the liberals though that the Intell community spans both the Clinton and Bush administrations. I guess you blame both. Tenent should be fired though.

BTW - I vote PROUD.

1. The OSP didn't span both Clinton and Bush.

2. Tenant warned Bush that the uranium story was bogus, but Bush used it anyway.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I really don't beleive GWB ever even considerd NOT invading Iraq, any info he had, he twisted and blatantly lied about anyway, all this indignation at their intel agencies is just bluster and blatant scape goating.

Please do the world a favour and put this Bush guy to sleep, he's getting real old.

Very Proud and tired of the liberals blaming Bush. It took a congressional act to go to war. Congress heard from the same people that Bush did and agreed it was necessary to go to war. Bush was not the one telling Congress what was or was not in Iraq it was the CIA, DIA, FBI and other covert operatives.

WMD was only one part of the reasons to fight the war. But the Bush bashers have made it the only reason, then of course without them the war must be unjust. Everything else said was found to be true.

Very Proud and tired of the liberals blaming Bush. It took a congressional act to go to war. Congress heard from the same people that Bush did and agreed it was necessary to go to war. Bush was not the one telling Congress what was or was not in Iraq it was the CIA, DIA, FBI and other covert operatives.

WMD was only one part of the reasons to fight the war. But the Bush bashers have made it the only reason, then of course without them the war must be unjust. Everything else said was found to be true.

1. Congress only gets to hear what the administration allows - the directors of the CIA, NSA, etc. report ot the administration, not to Congress.

2. Why did the administration set up a special intel office in the Pentagon to bypass normal CIA screening and analysis of intel on Iraq?

3. How do you explain away the lie about African uranium? The CIA had told the White House it was bogus before the State of the Union Address, but Bush used it anyway?

I would like to hear your opinion on these, as you are a self-confessed Bush supporter.

I would also like to hear your opinion as to why he promised a small and short term deficit, and then actually enacted economic policies that guaranteed a record deficit with no end in sight.

>It took a congressional act to go to war.
>WMD was only one part of the reasons to fight the war.

Why, it seemed like only yesterday that the rallying cry of the conservatives was "Bush is protecting us from Hussein's WMD's! What, you want another 9/11?" Now it's Congress's fault, and our _real_ reason was to liberate the people of Iraq, just like the reason to invade Afghanistan became to liberate it once we couldn't find Bin Laden.

I have a strange feeling that if we had found WMD's, conservatives everywhere would be crowing from the rooftops about what a wise and courageous leader Bush was for singlehandedly taking us into Iraq to protect the american people from the imminent dangers of Hussein's WMD's, just like he said he would. But we didn't find any, so some quick revision of history is needed.

He screwed up. We all make mistakes; he made a big one. Admit it and move on. We have enough to deal with (the current mess in Iraq, Haiti, North Korea) without trying to rewrite history to show he was really right after all. Let it go.

>Of course you're forgetting about those who are now shouting the
> joys and satisfaction in liberating these countries of oppressed
> people previously stating that they should be nuked and turned into
> parking lots.

Give em six months and another 300 US troops dead. I'm sure we'll hear the "just nuke em all, it's better than they deserve" sentiment resurface.

Love to answer your question....

I definitely think our intel people let him down.

If our intelligence budget wouldn't have been so drastically cut during the last presidents reign, we might have taken a different tactic against SH this time around...

However, I'm very proud that once his mind was made up, we committed. I mean, SH is a cold blooded, murdering bastard. Killed hundreds of thousands of his own people. How long should someone/some governments stand around before acting against the Hitler of our day???

The European community wasn't doing much, the Arab community was sitting on their asses waiting for somebody else to take care of them. Saudi would be a nice, rather large and profitable asset of Iraq if the coalition wouldn't have went against them in GWI.

So, yes......I'm damn proud of him. Finally we got a straight shooter for our president.....

Thank you, have a great day,

Buck

>It took a congressional act to go to war.
>WMD was only one part of the reasons to fight the war.

Why, it seemed like only yesterday that the rallying cry of the conservatives was "Bush is protecting us from Hussein's WMD's! What, you want another 9/11?" Now it's Congress's fault,
As a U.S. conservative, I blieve in the preservation of our counrty BUT! who is going to protect us from NAFTA and protect us from Bush?
I have never missed an election and have been a Republican/Christian/conservative.
****I have always voted bi-partisan, I will NO longer be Republican, I will remain Christian but, NOT follow the mindless sheep, and as far as "conservative"? I finally woke up to the fact that I have to do everything I can to be a part of SAVING our Country rather than: selling it off by import, NAFTA, and Off SHore outsourcing,( so that Power boats can be joy riden at 2am by the Bush Family while the S.Service men have to go out with them=crap my Dad had to put up with, years ago[:/]) Every time I thought I knew want was going on, my Dad would say, "No, and you'll sleep better if I don't tell you". Then he changed parties (should have followed his example then)
I am for our survival and following a Politician that is here to "cash in" on our demise, is no different than following any other "Person of Power" blindly into our own destruction.
I feel our counrty is going towards a depression that could lead to and NEW best seller : "THe Rise and Fall of USA">:(

I can answer some of these very simply. The cia never said that the african uranium attempted deal didn't exist. The fact is Bush said it was British itel that said this and British intel still to this day stands by it. I believe it did in fact exist he tried to buy urranium period.

As far as the Congress fault statement. No it's not a fault at all it's a necessary and just war to their credit they voted for it!

As for the statemet congress only hears what the admin wants them to is B.S. we the people only get to hear what congress wants us to. They hear most all of it from the intel comittee which is bi-partison

The deficit? Who knew what Septemper 11 was going to bring and how woefully weak we were in homeand defense. Who could predict what we would have to do to protect this country.

>The cia never said that the african uranium attempted deal didn't exist.

From an interview with Condoleeza Rice:

------------------

SNOW: OK, I want to talk more about Iraq in a moment. But let's get back to the State of the Union address and some of the stories.

"The Washington Post" today has a story that when the president spoke in Cincinnati, Ohio, on October 7th last year, the CIA director, George Tenet, directly struck out a reference to yellow cakes from Niger. And he passed that word on to Steve Hadley, who was your deputy.

Did you know at the time about the striking of that sentence?

RICE: I saw the speech after it has been struck.

---------------------------------

So the CIA DELETED the reference to uranium. The administration put it back in.

>The deficit? Who knew what Septemper 11 was going to bring and
> how woefully weak we were in homeand defense. Who could predict
> what we would have to do to protect this country.

His predictions on the deficit that were made AFTER 9/11/01 were just as wrong as the ones made before. Was there a 9/11/04 incident we didn't hear about or something?

"2. Tenant warned Bush that the uranium story was bogus, but Bush used it anyway."

Kallend did he really use the word "bogus"?

60% of the people that have voted so far seem to be somewhat proud of GWB. But the vast number of post seem to just hate the man-or his actions.

Kallend, PhillyKev, Billvon all are out in the open (very very open) about how they feel about Bush, but where are the post FOR Bush if most the people who have responded like him?

I'm not crazy about Bush but lacking a better motivator than "ANYBODY BUT BUSH" I'll be sticking with him.

But hey I sure like to skydive.

So the CIA DELETED the reference to uranium. The administration put it back in.

Agreed.
Like I said the CIA never said it didn't happen. All that was said was that they could not confirm nor deney that it took place. Their was no reason on earth to doubt British intel. We share intel around the world and I hope we never quit!

>60% of the people that have voted so far seem to be somewhat
> proud of GWB.

The question was "proud of GWB?" 63% answered in the negative, either no conditionally or no unconditionally. If you claim that saying "I'm not proud of everything Bush did" is really saying that they ARE proud of what Bush did, well, FOX news may have a job for you. If you eliminate that choice and just look at the yes/no answers. 52% not proud, 48% proud.

Well disagreeing with a moderator sounds like a good way to get stoned but...........

Bill it seems that your saying that the 23% that voted "not for everything" is not proud of Bush at all. The question as I understood it was "Are you proud of Bush" This answer would seem to be saying "not for all his actions but for some"

You CAN eliminate that question and come to the 52/48% answer that you showed but why?(You could drop the ones that aren't proud of Bush and he would look even better :P) These people by their answer are "proud" of GWB for some actions, and not for others. They don't fall into the "I hate Bush", "I love Bush" camp.

Actually subtracting multiple post, the for and against post are fairly close.

I can answer some of these very simply. The cia never said that the african uranium attempted deal didn't exist. The fact is Bush said it was British itel that said this and British intel still to this day stands by it. I believe it did in fact exist he tried to buy urranium period.

Wrong

As far as the Congress fault statement. No it's not a fault at all it's a necessary and just war to their credit they voted for it!

As for the statemet congress only hears what the admin wants them to is B.S. we the people only get to hear what congress wants us to. They hear most all of it from the intel comittee which is bi-partison

It distresses me that you are so ignorant of the workings of your own government

The deficit? Who knew what Septemper 11 was going to bring and how woefully weak we were in homeand defense. Who could predict what we would have to do to protect this country.

Bush made his comments on the deficit AFTER 9/11/01. It was in the 2002 State of the Union address. 2002 is AFTER 2001. So that explanation falls apart right there. Do you want to try again?

This is the record of your hero:

Statements or promises by Bush and his cronies that are belied by his subsequent actions or facts that came to light later (just a sample):

No nation building

Smaller government

"Compassionate Conservative"

small, short-term deficit

1.7M jobs to be created in 2003

Uranium from Africa

"We know where they are"

Iraq can deploy its WMDs in 45 minutes

It may take 1 month, .... or six

"I can eat a pretzel without choking"

Improved funding for veterans' care

No Child Left Behind

"These trailers are mobile WMD laboratories. "

"45 percent of all of the dividend income goes to people with $50,000" (It's actually less than 15%).

Iraq is "six months away from developing a [nuclear] weapon.".

Great record, isn't it?

No nation building / don't know what this is

Smaller government / he's working on it

"Compassionate Conservative" / no doubt about it

small, short-term deficit / time will tell, what's short term?

1.7M jobs to be created in 2003 /can't get em all right the economy is improving and in fact is in great shape right now!

Uranium from Africa/ Sadam tried to get it!

"We know where they are" / I believe they did know where some were when this was said.

Iraq can deploy its WMDs in 45 minutes / Iraq could have deployed chemical weapons. Our troops were not wearing all that protective gear for looks.

It may take 1 month, .... or six / The war on terror is a long and dangerous fight is what he said.

"I can eat a pretzel without choking"/Won't dignify

Improved funding for veterans' care / Has there been?

No Child Left Behind / Great program it was stated from the get/go it would take 10-11 years to prove itself, but hey this is an election year so the dems are going to judge it after just a little over a year. The funding for it has gone up over 37 percent.

"These trailers are mobile WMD laboratories. " / We still don't know what the hell those trailers were

"45 percent of all of the dividend income goes to people with $50,000" (It's actually less than 15%). / Tax cuts can't benefit the people that don't pay taxes and nor should they.

Iraq is "six months away from developing a [nuclear] weapon.". / Never heard or saw anything of this sort.

Here's the record of your next candidate

Voting No to:

F14, F15, F16 fighter jets
M1 Tank
Cruise and tomahawk missiles
Mandatory sentencing for drug dealers selling drugs to children
Death penalty even for cop killers
Pro life
Tax cuts

Conservatives by nature don't rock the boat; they sit back and just tend to take things. Not the case anymore we're going to be liberal’s worst nightmare. Conservatives that stand up and yell for what they believe in.

Oh and don't feel to bad for my ignorance, I'm 50 yrs old spent 4 years Marine Corps Viet nam era (didn't fight) and spent 11 yrs law enforcement. I have been working for a large oil company for 15 years. I have seen for many years how our government works. I also know all to well how liberals work!

Forget everything about Iraq/Terror/abortion-life/All other issues for just 10 seconds....

Economic policy takes a few years for the effects to start showing up........ Following the basic principles of Macroeconomics, Bush is doing the right thing for the economy and we will see the results in the near future.... Lets just sit back and see what happens.....

I am not claiming to understand foreign Policy or other Issues, I just know my Economics.
=========Shaun ==========

I was really trying to stay out of this one but I'll take a stab at a few of these...

No nation building / don't know what this is

Hmm, my guess would be that it's the process of building a nation. Kinda like, oh, what we're doing in Iraq right now. Also what Bush said on more than one occasion during the 2000 campaign that the military would not be doing under his command.

Smaller government / he's working on it

Have you actually seen the budgets he's proposed. I guarantee you they weren't frugal by any means. So, do you have actual evidence that he's working on it, or are you just taking his word for it?

"Compassionate Conservative" / no doubt about it

This is just too easy. Ask the retarded people on death row in Texas how compassionate Bush is.

small, short-term deficit / time will tell, what's short term?

Generally, in economic terms short-term indicates a period of time in which most inputs are fixed. The truth of the matter is, debate exists as to the meaning of short-term, though I believe most would agree that a decade does not fit the definition.

1.7M jobs to be created in 2003 /can't get em all right the economy is improving and in fact is in great shape right now!

Tell that to the more than 3 million Americans who have lost their jobs during the Bush administration. To the millions who saw their 401Ks and IRAs dwindle to nothing at a time when they could not afford to ride out the storm. Even if 1.7 million jobs comes true, that still leaves this administration in the negative. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Hoover the last to share that distinction?

Uranium from Africa/ Sadam tried to get it!

Umm, no, he didn't. The administration admitted that was wrong already. Geeze, you won't even let them admit to being wrong. They say "we were wrong" and you reply, "no you're right!"

"We know where they are" / I believe they did know where some were when this was said .

I'm just wondering, if we really think they were there, and have been moved, why aren't we showing more concern over where they are now?

Iraq can deploy its WMDs in 45 minutes / Iraq could have deployed chemical weapons. Our troops were not wearing all that protective gear for looks.

Caution is good, but in hindsight, they weren't in any real danger. Still, it is good we had the troops protected just in case.

It may take 1 month, .... or six / The war on terror is a long and dangerous fight is what he said.

We know we know, long fight, never-ending. That's the problem with fighting a war on a word, how are you gonna end it when noone can forget the word? It's not as if terrorists are are of one nation, creed, or color. White Supremacists are terrorists. Irish Catholics are terrorists. Columbian drug lords are terrorists. Jews are terrorists. Americans are terrorists. Muslims are terrorists. When it comes down to it, there's a terrorist in every society and at the same time not all of the people of any one society are terrorists. So, ok, let's end terrorism, the only way is to use the nuclear capabilities we have to their fullest extent and end this world.

"I can eat a pretzel without choking"/Won't dignify

Yeah, but it is kinda funny. I almost choked once, I laugh at it now.

Improved funding for veterans' care / Has there been?

No Child Left Behind / Great program it was stated from the get/go it would take 10-11 years to prove itself, but hey this is an election year so the dems are going to judge it after just a little over a year. The funding for it has gone up over 37 percent.

I'll take those together. No, I don't believe veteran's benefits have gone up. As for no child left behind, well, it's been horribly underfunded and then again that doesn't exactly fit with your whole small gov't theme, do you really consider it a great program? If it's fully funded it will be more big government bureacracy mixing with the education of our children. So do you really think this is good or are you just being a Bush's Advocate?

"These trailers are mobile WMD laboratories. " / We still don't know what the hell those trailers were

I think the inspectors we sent (namely Kay) determined that they were helium trucks for filling weather balloons.

"45 percent of all of the dividend income goes to people with $50,000" (It's actually less than 15%). / Tax cuts can't benefit the people that don't pay taxes and nor should they.

Tax cuts shouldn't borrowing against the future earnings of our children so a fat cat can retire with one more plasma tv and a new porsche for his beach house.

Iraq is "six months away from developing a [nuclear] weapon.". / Never heard or saw anything of this sort.

No comment

Here's the record of your next candidate

Voting No to:

F14, F15, F16 fighter jets / did he vote for another fighter maybe? Or did he propose fighters be scrapped altogether?

M1 Tank/No nothing about this.

Cruise and tomahawk missiles/Once again, little knowledge

Mandatory sentencing for drug dealers selling drugs to children/Was he voting specifically on a "drugs to children" measure of was it a widesweeping bill? While I'll agree that selling drugs to kids is bad I also feel that mandatory minimums are heinous (many law enforcement officials and judges agree with me on this). Sometimes circumstances ameliorate the situation, sentencing is supposed to be the duty of the judiciary, legislation to the contrary takes away a Consitutionally guaranteed separation of power.

Death penalty even for cop killers/A lot of catholics, jews, muslims, hindus, well, a lot of very faithful individuals would vote against this too.

Pro life/Not gonna touch this with a ten foot pole

Tax cuts/Good for him

Conservatives by nature don't rock the boat; they sit back and just tend to take things. Not the case anymore we're going to be liberal’s worst nightmare. Conservatives that stand up and yell for what they believe in./so what, you're saying that in reality Republicans want to shake things up and that George is a true man who's just waiting till he doesn't have to play politics anymore and then he'll realy ravage the nation?

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Forget everything about Iraq/Terror/abortion-life/All other issues for just 10 seconds....

Economic policy takes a few years for the effects to start showing up........ Following the basic principles of Macroeconomics, Bush is doing the right thing for the economy and we will see the results in the near future.... Lets just sit back and see what happens.....

I am not claiming to understand foreign Policy or other Issues, I just know my Economics.

So you think swelling deficits, a shrinking dollar and sustained unemployment are good things for the economy?

Never go to a DZ strip show.