skybytch

My ex rocks!

WTF am I saying?:S:S

No, really. He does rock. Why? A few reasons.

Even though he's not my son's father, he makes a point to keep in contact with him. They talk more often than the ex and I do.

He made a point of calling me after three months of no contact - and the conversation was great, not uncomfortable at all, felt like we'd talked the week before.

He called twice to check up on me while I was on the road a couple weeks ago.

He spent an hour on the phone last night listening to me whine when he so didn't have to.

Sure there are things about him that I don't like - there are reasons he's my ex and I don't want to get back together with him. But I'm so happy that we've somehow managed to salvage and keep strong the friendship we've always had. :)
Anyone else got a cool ex?

I have an ex who I spit up with 5-6 years ago who I am still pretty friendly with and we talk maybe once every few months B|… a couple of exes since then who I occasionally exchange e-mails with :)... suffice to say we're not even a little bit friendly!

Vicki

Hell yes! A couple of weeks ago I ran out of pain meds. An ex called me up to see how I was doing. Told her I was ok but out of vicodin. She said oh I have a bunch of half empty bottles. She came over brought me vicodin and lunch. What a great gal. Too bad he has co-dependence issues. ;)

Ed

Lisa, yep. . .my son's father actually. . .in fact, he bought me two jump tickets for valentines day. . .just to say thanks for doing such a great job of raising our son. . .

We have only in the last year become friends and it has been VERY GOOD for my boy. I definitely could never live with him but I am glad to call him my friend - and one of the best. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Sorry... but I sooo do not.

He's a complete whuffo stalker. I changed my logon and removed my avatar picture cuz he uses this and my home DZ web site to keep track of my life. Looks for when and where I might be at a boogie, etc...

He actually down loaded my GROWN-UP posts and shared them with my kids, his family and his lawyer. You know, unfit, unstable lifestyle, yada, yada...

I have never been happier than since I finally moved out of the house. 20 years of trying my damndest to make him happy.But, I wish he could find someone and make himself happy... MOVE ON already!!

Over Christmas he actually hid my kids when I was supposed to leave town with them for break. He was the one who set it up initially. My kids are teens and I respect their right to make decisions for themselves, but he bribes ands poisons their minds against me. I have a restraining order, but it only keeps hm from me... doesn't help in dealing with the kids. [:/]

I am taking him to court to get residential, joint custody. He is suing me for maintenance and child support... he doesn't work...:S

What would you do????? Anyone else ever deal with a stalker? I just want peacable coexistance. He has always been very verbally abusive. I was with him from age 18 (he's 5 years older) and always blamed myself for our problems. Now I'm 40, and I finally see he eventually develops problems with everyone he deals with...

Now, I am responsible for my own happiness and I don't blame anyone else when things get tough. Thank God for skydiving.. I have found a family and escape that carries me through the worst of everything. :)
Dr. "Q" PMS#151Shugah,Shugah,How'd Ya Git So Fly?

I've tried to do the friendly ex thing, but it always ends up being weird... just as soon as i think there's no other agenda i get a bad vibe. stupid men! I've given up trying to keep in touch with exes, its not worth the friendship.

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" --Steven Wright

My ex kept the airplane when we split, but I still get to rent it from her. She hardly ever flies, so I can almost always use it when I want. One day, not longer after we split, I forgot that it was not mine anymore, and took it off without asking. She happened to show up to take a friend flying, and the plane was gone. She was a lot nicer about that than I would have been. We still do things for each other.

I've got a some cool exes I still keep in contact with. Mainly friendly stuff, things like that.

A couple of them do pine, however. They know I'm happy and doing great in the relationship department. Both indicate that if anything ever went wrong, I should know where to go.

Both even told me I was "the one that got away." This is especially weird since they didn't give me much attention, anyway, during the time we were a couple.

We're still cool, but I have to temper my discussions somewhat knowing that they want far more than I can give.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

several actually...i still have regular contact (phone calls email etc..) with nearly all of my 'serious' ex's

tis one of the advantages to becoming friends before/while becoming more than friends too... even if things scale back later on there is something left between you to share.....

of course having an 'ex' call to whine on my shoulder has caused an occasional problem with the 'current' before....:S

Yeah, a couple, great friends, who we decided mutualy we'd be better as friends than lovers.

And unfortunately a couple that tore my heart out and I'd be fine if I never saw again.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.