PhillyKev

More gay marriages coming

Let gays enter into marrage and get stuck like the rest of us:P;) I have a lot of friends who will benefit from this and I'm happy for em! Who cares, let them do what they want, it's not hurting us in any way that can't be fixed.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

"Gov. Bill Richardson, a Democrat who is often mentioned as a potential vice presidential nominee, has voiced his opposition to gay marriage in the past but does support equal rights for same-sex couples. His office could not be reached for comment."

WTF?!?!!! Am I the only one who finds this slightly hypocritical. I am completely dumbfounded and embarrassed that same sex marriage is even an issue. How does giving homosexual couples the right to marry change the definition or meaning of marriage...it sure as hell would not change the definition and meaning of my marriage.

People need to get a f*cking grip and let the unfounded, ignorant discrimination DIE!:P

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

I say no....marriage is un-natural. Humans were not meant to stay together for that long with a single mate. It's a manufactured institution that defies nature.

Note...I'm an anti-marriage crusader, not anti-gay-marriage crusader. If heteros are allowed to go down that stupid path I don't see why all y'all fancy pants types shouldn't either :P

That's reasonable. I don't agree but you can make a good case, I suppose. I happen to like my long relationship and don't see any reason to shift to another. I've got a lot invested and it's paying off nicely!

Personally, I'm against a governmental role in marriages (or anything, for that matter), so I'm not likely to get involved. But a whole lot of gay people want the government to register their relationships in some ledger of relationships. Good for them!

First Class Citizen Twice Over

>Should I be allowed to commit to my lover of 5 years or not? [YES] or [NO]

No! Marriage is a sacred and eternal institution between a man and a woman. Like Britney Spears' recent marriage. Allowing gays to marry would cheapen and demean a solid marriage like hers.

That's reasonable. I don't agree but you can make a good case, I suppose. I happen to like my long relationship and don't see any reason to shift to another. I've got a lot invested and it's paying off nicely!

Personally, I'm against a governmental role in marriages (or anything, for that matter), so I'm not likely to get involved. But a whole lot of gay people want the government to register their relationships in some ledger of relationships. Good for them!

Halle-fucking-lujia... Finally an entire thread without bible thumping pertaining to same sex marriages. Our whole city is loving this! I never have regrets, and I regret NOT voting for Newsom. I'm glad to see other states are waking up and smelling the 21st century!

Blog Clicky

>Should I be allowed to commit to my lover of 5 years or not? [YES] or [NO]

No! Marriage is a sacred and eternal institution between a man and a woman. Like Britney Spears' recent marriage. Allowing gays to marry would cheapen and demean a solid marriage like hers.

I caught the sarcasm just in time.... whew!:$

Blog Clicky

I am loving the sarcasm in this thread! >:(

[seriously]
I think the more people that are happy and getting laid on a regular basis, the better. If getting married is what will make any two people happy, then who's to say no?

Besides, with a ~50% divorce rate among heteros, it's not like the institution of marriage is all that sacred anymore. If anything, gays fighting to wed is reinforcing that lost sacredness (if that makes sense).

Just my $.02. :)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

If anything, gays fighting to wed is reinforcing that lost sacredness (if that makes sense).

I think you're saying that gay people fighting for marriage rights is putting the importance back in the institution. If someone wants it that badly, it must be worthwhile. Am I right?

First Class Citizen Twice Over