shunkka

online radio stations?

There's a great Brazilian internet radio:

http://radio.terra.com.br

Look for the dropdown box labled: ESTACOES

Besides a gazillion styles of Brazilian music, you will find everything from hiphop, blues, heavymetal, classic rock, electronica, trance, movie soundtracks, etc etc all free of charge!

I listen to it all day long at work;)
marc

PS now that carnaval is over, they have lots of photos and videos of the action:
http://carnaval2004.terra.com.br/
dancing boobies galore!:)

any of my stations kick ass!

Okay macca. I've been listening to Kerrang for the past 24 hours or so. Good stuff, but maybe a bit heavy on the Evanescence at the moment (I've heard "going under" five times in 24 hours... good song but....). Haven't gotten booted or had a problem getting "in" yet like I have with other online stations; the "buffering" dropouts are a tad annoying though.

Questions - why only Windows media player? Is there a way to get the song titles and artists, or a playlist, so I know what to go downl...err I mean buy?

And WTF is the deal with the bleeped out shits and fucks?!?!?!

Just to explain, all those links are feeds from radio stations which are broadcast nationally here.

Kiss and Magic are broadcast on the FM network, whereas the others are broadcast on Digital radio, freeview and sky digital.

The reason of the repeptiviness is they are real radio stations with playlists, so you will hear the same song every so often.

There should be no problem getting in, they're set up to be proper stations.

Windows media because its an easy system that everyone has. Song titles and artists can be got from me ;)

Bleeps because as i said these stations are broadcast throughout the UK and we have laws about that shit...
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Kerrang! is okay, and Q aint bad. But the rest suck. Come on man, enough boyband shite to last me a lifetime!

Yeah, I know, target audiences and all that.. :P You also get the impression (with the two I mentioned) that there isn't a live DJ - often? - is it just computer-controlled & automated?

Just pondering.. :)

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

Kiss and Magic are fully live stations, the others do have an element of automation. For the time being anyway, they will all grow to become fully live stations, but they are all still pretty new.

If you dont like the boy band stuff, dont listen to smash hits!

As you've already mentioned, each station has a target audience, so whay point it out :P
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies