turtlespeed

Should Texas Secede?

:S Now I'm confused. Heck, doesn't really matter to me how it's spelled, what matters is how nice most of the men are from Texas ;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Just curious who would be for it and against it.

I say if you really don't want to be part of the good ole US of A....then we'll smack on the ass on the way out the door and say "Have a nice day!"

Jump

(I still want to come look at the rocks though)
Scars remind us that the past is real

>I'm all for it, I think that it would be a good wake up call for the US.

Yeah, and we need another good war. The other wars we're in right now have gotten a little, well, boring. But A-10's attacking Houston suburbs? That would be cool! Think of the live video.

LMAO -

Or Apache Helo's attacking something other than texas - we would have another battle at the alamo. . .

Actually, I was thinking that a peacful seccession would be prudent.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Don't most states have their own constitution? Isn't one of the arguments that they were never officially anexed by the US?

One of the things that is unique about Texas is that it was it's own independent nation for about 10 years, after defeating Mexico at the Battle of San Jacinto, and before being adopted by the Union.

And when they were adopted into the Union, they insisted that they retain the right to secede if they ever wished to do so in the future. As far as I know, no other state has that clause in their Constitution.

That is why the Civil War was fought a few decades later on.

Attached: image of a Republic of Texas $50 bill, from 1839, which I have framed on the wall of my Texas home. Texas issued it's own currency during their days of independence, which after adoption, was rounded up and destroyed. Surviving examples like this one are scarce.

I think the reason I like Texas is because of the little know secret of how great some of the DZs are down there. And I like most of the people I have meet from Texas. Most of the guys treat me like I'm a queen, opening doors, pulling out chairs and saying "Yes, ma'am." Gotta love a gentleman.

Edited cause Dave told me how to spell.

Edited for second time cause Kennedy told me how to spell.

That's anywhere in the south that hasn't been overrun by foreigners, umm, I mean, northerners.;) I just detest Texas because Texans are always so damn snooty about being from there.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

>Actually, I was thinking that a peacful seccession would be prudent.

I remember a bunch of states tried that a while back, but it didn't work out very well.

maybe they should wait and see how that county in vermont that wants to secede and join New Hampshire fares...

When I was in Texas one time, I visited the capital and checked out the museum. Talk about a proud group of people!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

No there will be a special list.

It will look like this:

Not Allowed to visit:

Benny

Allowed to visit:

Everyone else

OMFG ROFLMAO!!!! I havent had a laugh that good in a long time.!!!!

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Don't most states have their own constitution? Isn't one of the arguments that they were never officially anexed by the US?

Should they secede? If it means no more presidents from TX, I'm all for it :P

Or Ann Richards, LLoyd Bentson, Sheila Jackson. Sounds good to me.

never pull low......unless you are

>I'm all for it, I think that it would be a good wake up call for the US.

Yeah, and we need another good war. The other wars we're in right now have gotten a little, well, boring. But A-10's attacking Houston suburbs? That would be cool! Think of the live video.

There's quite a few Airforce bases in Texas. I'm not originally from here, but I'm pretty sure they could take Tennessee and still be home by dark. :):D

never pull low......unless you are

But A-10's attacking Houston suburbs? That would be cool

Bill, I live in a Houston suburb. Which one did you have in mind?
And if you think it and I live there, is it a personal attack? :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

But A-10's attacking Houston suburbs? That would be cool

Bill, I live in a Houston suburb. Which one did you have in mind?
And if you think it and I live there, is it a personal attack? :P

Wendy W.

An A-10 attacking a Houston suburb would hardly be a fair fight. After all, the homeowners are far better armed. ;)

I'm telling ya, it's b/c his avatar isn't of his face anymore . . . he's gotten ballsy as hell. ;):D

Kelly

BWWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA *wiping tears*

And happythoughts is right - all those hummers in Houston can be armed inside of 20 minutes and ready for action. I've always thought they were getting ready to invade mexico....