turtlespeed

Should Texas Secede?

Well, I think it should. At least I think I do . . .

What would the pros and cons be?

It already has it's own Constitution.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Bwahaha
I knew someone would go there -

So, what would it do to the cost of oil here in Haliburtona?
I'm thinking that it would be alot cheaper to live here.

and jump tix would be less too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

No there will be a special list.

It will look like this:

Not Allowed to visit:

Benny

Allowed to visit:

Everyone else

Oh hell yes, please, secede, go back to Mexico, whatever. It doesn't matter to me. Take Oklahoma with you to when you leave Texas and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh, come on, you know you'd miss us.

Why would we want to secede? I like the U.S. Oh, sure, there's a lot of stuff that annoys me, but the same stuff would annoy me in the independent Republic of Texas. Just stick it out a little longer; either the bombs will start flying, the grid will go down, the system will collapse, and it won't matter what country we're a part of because we'll all live in an anarchic post-apocalyptic world, or some issue as divisive as slavery will come to the forefront, and we'll have a real civil war.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I'm all for it, I think that it would be a good wake up call for the US. Texas could do it, Alaska should do it. I think that it would put our Govt. on its toes

That'd be fun to watch. First Texas, then Alaska, followed closely by Hawaii. After that, Arnold decides one state is enough for him and California declares independence, driving the point home with a few well-placed explosive charges that separate it from the continent. Noone gives a damn, but when aliens declare their own country in New Mexico and Minnesota, Montana and Maine decide to join Canada, the United States face a serious identity crisis, leading to general unrest, economical downfall and a few localized civil wars.

And then, Europe will once again lead the World!!!!! Bwahahahahaha..hahahaha...hahaha!!:ph34r:
Back to my evil scheming now...

No there will be a special list.

It will look like this:

Not Allowed to visit:

Benny

Allowed to visit:

Everyone else

Quite fine with me, as long as immigration starts doing it's job and keeps you Texans out of here;)

Never go to a DZ strip show.

I think the reason I like Texas is because of the little know secret of how great some of the DZs are down there. And I like most of the people I have meet from Texas. Most of the guys treat me like I'm a queen, opening doors, pulling out chairs and saying "Yes, ma'am." Gotta love a gentleman.

Edited cause Dave told me how to spell.

Edited for second time cause Kennedy told me how to spell.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Maybe in Alabamie, it is, but here in theses parts it maam.

pronounced kinda fast like Bam!

just not as loud.

Who really sees a difference? It's not like we're a nation anyway. A country, sure, a state that says it has fifty states, I can buy that, but a nation? Not in fifty years.

Was it Jefferson who said the most certain way to ensure the failure of this country was to allow it to become a mess of sqaubbling nationalities?

ps - immigration will never work in the us....but it would be fun to watch the Texans do it themselves.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*