deaflamb

College Jumpers: Do you hate frat parties?

Just got back from a frat party. Can't f*&ck*n stand them! Just wondering what other people thought. Personally can't waite till the DZ opens round here and I can ride my bike the 3.5 hours just to camp there for the weekend so I don't have to put up with this shit. It seems that everyone just drinks so they can enjoy themselves, instead of just enjoying themselves for the pure satisfaction of being alive. Don't get me wrong, drinking is fun (BEER) but if you have to do it to have fun then I say your in a sorry state of affairs.

Ray.
Happy Trails

frats are for people who dont have friends... so they buy them.

lol

no i hate frat parties, they are stupid, gay, and just a bunch of undersage drunken fags.....

man i hope noone on here is in a frat.... if so my comments are generic and apply to my university.
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

Nothing I hate more than a Good Frat Party - 100 Underage frat boys trying to outsmart a few sorostitutes into taking off their clothes for them....

Why do you even go party Friday Night!?!? We all Should be juming 8am Saturday!!!
=========Shaun ==========

Tru Tru....
I agree, when I go, I try to enjoy myself as best I can. But I dont enjoy myself untill I am with MY people, and that is either Skydivers or South Africans. Hopefully in DeLand next week there will be plenty of both!! Good times comin....!

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

I'd have to say your just about a couple notches ahead of your brethren there...

:)

Good Job. Your right, beer is great, and? It's not only for breakfast anymore:P

However, per your earlier statement, it's meant to "enhance" the experience and be a refreshing liquid...

Not the center of the universe. Welcome to a thing called "Reality".

Nice job, we'll all scoot over for you on the bench, there's plenty of room here.

:P

Peace

Jack
It's a gas, gas, gas...

I try to avoid the frat parties, and have done well for 3 years so far. Dating a sorority girl now so I don't know how long I'll be able to escape that fate... Nothing like paying for friends...

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Okay, you guys are going about it all wrong. First if you're pissed you have let them get to you. Second, now stay with me here, at the good old Lander U, my alma mater, 5 dollars at the door, now you're in, grab a beer, but as we have established, for enhancement, now watch, sooner or later some drunk sophomore chick is going to get tipsy, start dancing and get naked, some drunk frat guy is going to bend your ear about the socieo-economic crimes commited by luxembourg during the 12th century and then convice you that the state of American affairs is an exact mirror image of the time, and before too long there will be a fist fight. So now, where can you go when there is nothing else to do and see a strip tease, comedy show, and bare knuckle prize fight for only 5 bones?

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

I just hate frats. I was in something that actually meant something, something with long standing tradition that actually taught you real skills for life. The Texas A&M Corps of Cadets. We all hated frats, infact, most of A&M doesn't like frats, except the frat boys.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

where can you go when there is nothing else to do and see a strip tease, comedy show, and bare knuckle prize fight for only 5 bones?

I dunno...
The dropzone?! LOL !! ;)

Sorry, couldn't help myself... :$
I'm just an 'old guy' way out of the loop,
but back in the stone age when I was in school...

The skydivers 'created' there own 'frat'

....a bunch of the guys rented a house
and lived together, held weekly parties
that paid most of the rent! :)
"Tappa Kegga Bud" tee-shirts were
on sale at the door... :)
as were 'overpriced' beer mugs, inscribed
with the 'frats' actual initals....
"E F S"

Using the few surviving brain cells left from
then.... :|
I recall A LOT more than 5 drunk girls hanging
around! :o

And most of the social economic discussion
was rooted around jump tickets and the negative
reaction to the market due to the ever increasing
cost of reserve repacks! :P

Ahhhh!!!
Those were the dayzzz! :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ouch!!! Man, I thought I used to have it bad. I used to live in Augusta, GA. There's not a dropzone within 1 1/2 to 2 hours in any direction from there. Closest probably being St. George, SC. All they do in Augusta is golf.........I don't golf. There's just something wrong with a place like that. Anyway, you have to travel 3 1/2 hours just to get to the DZ? I feel for you.[:/]

I go to what is arguably the most party oriented university in Canada, St FX. We get along fine without fraternities. I wonder why that frat thing never really caught on up here?
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

UM was great at keeping em all in one spot too, the only problem was that spot was too close to the bar strip (within stumbling distance). So every now and then the entire road turned into a bunch of losers in white button downs and khakis with cheap dress shoes.

Have I ever told you how much I loved my chopped shorts, polo shirts at best, and flip flops/tevas? B|
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I try to make a point not to be judgemental about what others consider to be a good time. Keeping in mind a fair number of people consider what we do to be insane.

I used to get worked up about things like frats, TRL, and bolting wings on the back of front wheel drive cars. But honeslty, if people enjoy it, good for them. If it gives them the release they need at the end of the week, fantastic.

Whether any of it actually makes these people happy is anyone's guess, but that's really none of my business.

my post was directed more at the whole thread, not just at you, sorry about that.

Anyway, yes I see how it's easy to get frustrated if they seem to be getting in the way of you having a good time, but I guess I've been lucky here at UofI.

We have dozens of bars on and just off of campus. There are a handful (CO's, Kams, Station, Clyborne, Gulley's) I just don't go to because I know they're nothing but commercial frat parties 7 days a week. It's not my thing, I go somewhere else.

If I'm going to go to a bar, I want to go there with a few friends, sit at a table, have a drink or two, maybe some wings or somthing, and play cards. I know if I look hard enough I can find a place that caters to that.

yeah, that was the problem, two bars got shut down so there were only four withihn walking distance of a campus of 35K+ undergrad. Not conducive to a lot of differences.

Guess that's the way it is when the county won't issue new permits and DC is a short metro or drive down the street.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I have to admit, I do go to frat parties. . . but only one frat, pi kappa phi. they are the only half decent greek guys around here. my roomie is dating one of them and they all seem pretty cool. in fact, i've got several of them to come out and take the jump class.

i think it just varies from house to house and state to state. any other frat on campus i stay away from, but i will stick up for the pi kapps at k-state.

It would probably only take a hour or less by car, but since I don't have one I'm going to be riding a bike :)

Dosn't bother me none though, I love riding. I'm giving 3 1/2 hours as a reasonalbe estimate since I like to stop along the way and take back roads. Personally that is the beauty of riding a bike vs. a car, you actually get to experience the land your riding through.

Just my 2 cents.

Ray
Happy Trails

Yes I hated them...we used to go to frat parties with the idea of getting into fights. I know, that's lame and intolerant...but surprisingly satisfying;). After all, they wanted to fight too! They didn't seem happy about loosing though, give it a try!!!
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos