whats the most amazing/beautiful thing you have seen under canopy?

mine:

last lift at Empuria - mist covering the entire countryside at 3000ft, turning towards the sun and just basking in its rays

seeing a steam train at the home dz at about 2000ft

flying over a flock of birds at about 1000ft (they were probably at maybe 300ft?)

PS i always make sure my head is on a swivel but i still like to look around :)

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Coming into land (in student area) at Perris, head on swivel looking out for other canopies. 75ft I notice a hawk, we land about 20ft away from each other. He eats his dinner, I set my brakes and got in the truck. :)

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Haha! I saw the title of the thread, and I had a quick response of, "Spain." You beat me to my answer, though!

Every skydiver needs to go to Empuria Brava at least once. The pictures don't do it justice. There is nothing like being surrounded by the most marvelous view ever. The sun setting there does mysterious things with the clouds, mountains and sea. Mmmm....absolutely stunning.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

A giganamous (that's my new word of the day) rainbow. The thing was huge, intensly bright, and appeared to arc from horizon to horizon. I still get good chills thinking about it.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Cruising through a "valley" of clouds on a tandem jump (with plenty of clearance on all sides), I looked over to our left and saw a "sundog" (I think that's what it's called) of us on a cloud. I pointed it out to her, we both gawked.

That entire canopy flight was beautiful, and even better I got to share it with someone.

A cold, snowy Thanksgiving morning during my student program. It was my first jump back after my knee injury - You could see the snow storm over Chicago many miles away, but clear, blue skies where we were jumping. The river was frozen, the ground was covered with snow and the sun was fighting to come thru the clouds over Chicago causing the most amazing color display I have ever seen....dark purples and blacks under the clouds with some sun pushing thru causing a rainbow in the lower layers of the clouds with bright pinks and oranges above the clouds that slowly turned into a bright blue above head. It was freezing cold, but I was so taken with the view and just getting back in the air I never realized I couldn't feel my feet or fingers. Also, knowing that I was one of the few people that were not only awake and out on that holiday - I was one of the few people anywhere in the sky. The roads were empty, including the expressway, and you could see just how sleepy the town was as well......it made the ride under canopy seem that much more exlusive and unique.

Most amazing thing I saw under canopy were my own legs- dangling above 3000' of nothing, with my body just hanging up there in the sky. A few moments ago someone was telling me to get ready and go!, but from then to the realization that I am alive and flying a parachute, most recollection of that first jump is gone.;)

Most beautiful- I'd say last week on a high hop&pop when, after doing a hard front riser 270, I carved across the surface of this huge fluffy cloud and at the end punched through it, going through the glory that was surrounding my shadow on the cloud.

How funny that this thread came up. On the cross country I did in Sebastian, as I was hitting 11000 ft, what looked like (and sounded like- you'll see how I know how it sounded) a red-shouldered hawk flew up beside me and did it's kee-yer call (very distinctive). It was on my left and as I turned a little to the right it turned with me. Then it circled around me once and came back to my left. I turned slightly toward it and it turned with me, then after flying stright on with me for a second or three it kee-yered once more and flew away.

Not sure if it was thinking "What in God's name is this thing?" or if it was just flying with what it considered an ugly looking bird, but it was the most incredible feeling I have ever had. Either way, it was a gift from God that this bird decided to descend with me and fill me with an incredible amount of joy.

This is the reason I have always wanted to skydive. To fly. And this was the first time I ever actually felt like I was truly flying. Words cannot express how it felt. :)
If only I had listened to my friend and took a camera with me on the crosscountry.:S

How funny that this thread came up. On the cross country I did in Sebastian, as I was hitting 11000 ft, what looked like (and sounded like- you'll see how I know how it sounded) a red-shouldered hawk flew up beside me and did it's kee-yer call (very distinctive). It was on my left and as I turned a little to the right it turned with me. Then it circled around me once and came back to my left. I turned slightly toward it and it turned with me, then after flying stright on with me for a second or three it kee-yered once more and flew away.

Not sure if it was thinking "What in God's name is this thing?" or if it was just flying with what it considered an ugly looking bird, but it was the most incredible feeling I have ever had. Either way, it was a gift from God that this bird decided to descend with me and fill me with an incredible amount of joy.

This is the reason I have always wanted to skydive. To fly. And this was the first time I ever actually felt like I was truly flying. Words cannot express how it felt. :)
If only I had listened to my friend and took a camera with me on the crosscountry.:S

holy damn that sounds crazy! How far was the hawk from you?
That reminds me of a time i was lying on my back flying my kite on a beach and a seagull came over and floated right next to it just holding in the wind, even following as i slowly banked left and right before peeling off after about 30 seconds. Not quite as in the same league as yours ;) but was nice nonetheless

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

-my 1st sunset in Empuriabrava...
-my Porter landing under me in Vulliens (Switz)
-a canopy a few feet below me (guess I have to get some CReW jumps...) and the face of my friend when I was flying so close...
- in Grenchen (Switz again), just after pulling when hitting the cloud... Canopy fully inflated at the base of the clouds, and seeing other people getting through the fluffy mass with canopies opening... like if it was raining men (like in the song:P)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

If I had to guess I would say it was between 25 and 50 feet of to my left. But honestly? I could not say. In fact I am guessing on the altitude. I know it was after 12 grand and before 9. The whole thing lasted maybe 20-30 seconds and I looked at my alti and saw 9 grand and that was a few seconds or more after the "formation":D.

At the time it seemed like I could reach out and touch it. But in my memory it seems like it was a little further away. (or is it closer in memory than it really was?):S. It was pretty damn sweet though.

(On the same dive I remember looking down at my feet and the Otter flew between my toes several thousand feet below me. I remember thinking at that moment "Holly crap the Otter just flew under me!". It struck as kinda funny.)

Looking out towards the sun (sunset load) and seeing the AFF group that got out after me still in freefall. I saw the student deploy, then just watched as the instructor disappeared into the gorgeous sunset.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine is a set designer and portrait artist. Occasionally he'll drop by to visit, crashing at my place for a month or two.

I came home from work one evening to find one of my skydiving mentors posing nude on my couch...

Nude, under canopy.

She's a good person and a good friend... and without a doubt the most beautiful thing I've seen under canopy.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”