jahk

Things I've learned skydiving that have nothing to do with parachuting

Actually everyone involvd in the sport is just so cool.

Yesterday my son said to me, "My friend, Trevor, thinks you're cool because you skydive." After a few seconds he added, "if you didn't have that going for you, you'd just be considered weird."

Then, I gave him the speech of how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Actually everyone involvd in the sport is just so cool.

Yesterday my son said to me, "My friend, Trevor, thinks you're cool because you skydive." After a few seconds he added, "if you didn't have that going for you, you'd just be considered weird."
Then, I gave him the speech of how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :ph34r:

Ha that's funny. Reminds me of when i was a kid and picking on my dad. He was only "cool" because he flew cessnas and let me fly.

1. A dropzone is it's own country. US State and Federal laws do not apply.

2. Jet fuel is the best fire starter.

3. Battery acid pouring out of a "Radio Flyer" wagon is a bad thing.

4. People have found new uses for sleds during the summer.

5. Creepers can be used for bowling.

6. Beer tastes better if you weren't the one who owed it.

7. Getting pied isn't such a bad idea anymore.

8. Open nudity is normal, natural, and widely accepted in society.

9. 20 people can comfortably fit in any trailor.

10. The rightful place for panties is apparently on the stage.

B|B|B|B|B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

forget having a vehicle with "low miles"

paint cans (after throwing them in the fire)will give logs air time.

don't pass out at a drop zone....EVER!

secondary sports like motorcycling will hurt you and keep you from your primary sport.

when having that "falling" dream....if someone were to watch you sleep im certain you would have a smile on your face!

pumpkins will go through a roof of a building when launched from a plane.

driving through corn in a golf cart is more fun than you can imagine!

WFFC tent city doesn't like sirens at 3:00 AM

I could go on and on, but everyone here knows this sport has more to offer than adrenaline. :)
my power is beyond your understanding.

I have learned that the more you want gear to show up with UPS - The more likely it is to show up when you are not there.

I have learned that the spinny beacon thing on the tower is really fun to ride.

I have learned that parachutes are very warm when you are sleeping on the floor of the packing area.

I learned that Furriners are pretty cool most of the time.

I have learned that adrenalyn is much better for a hangover than excedrine.

I have learned that Manifest Chicks are fun to drink with.

I have learned that if there is any type of vehicle left out at night - the chances are that it and the rider will be damaged in the morning.

And so many more.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The proper response to someone being on fire at the dropzone is "RUN IT OUT.... THE WIND WILL PUT IT OUT!!!!"

Late night at the dropzone... don't bring out the fencing foils!

You can't ride a bike through a well used fire pit... you just can't.. you think you can... but you can't...

Landing on the hangar floor on their head from 4 or 5ft in the air will make someone do a really funky chicken.

It's hard to convince the DZO that the last tandem of the day is wet and it needs to be hung untill the morning when it's not raining.

Local farmers don't like picking up bowling balls with their expensive farming equipment.

The functionality of a motorcycle helmet is kind of weird. A bowling ball in said helmet tossed from an airplane will incurr more damage than the helmet itself.

It's hard to spot for a G.I. Joe under a .26 sq ft parachute.

crab apples can hurt... pay attention!

elastics can hurt... pay attention!

big steaks + beer at night + altitude in the morning =something really nasty brewing.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Well, I know this is meant to be a fun thread, but I'm going to bog it down with a serious comment anyway.

Since I've begun skydiving, I've learned most about personal responsibility and that I am accountable for every decision I make. When you're in freefall and it is your life on the line and there is no one who can save you but you, it brings into focus a lot in the rest of one's life and teaches you to remember that you are in control of your destiny, for better or for worse.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

I have learned that when you are unable to jump and you know you can't for a really long time, makes you really angry to see and hear about others jumping...

Not everyone at the dz is going to be your friend.

Every night jump entails lots of catching up afterwards....and all that catching up feels worse the next day, than if you just started with everyone else.

The DZ is not a place for children...and just reading the posts here proves it.

When there are three planes flying, you better not ask for a hop n pop...