Kid_Icarus

Twinkies aren't cooked...

I heard, and in am in the process of looking, that twinkies ARE NOT cooked. I don't know the laws of physics on that one or how they can cram so much golden goodness into a 4 inch sponge cake, but i will find out! Any help is appreciated. More soon...

I think the evilness of twinkies is the result of a pact with the devil, whereby things are merely formed, rather than requiring baking and/or cooking.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I wish I could make that cream foam stuff..

I'm sure in a couple more years you will be able to, but then you'll have to start shaving and stuff so that's sort of a downer.

>:(:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

From hostesses web site:

Are Twinkies baked?

Yes, Twinkies are baked. Hostess has several bakeries across the country, which together bake 500 million Twinkies each year. In order to do that, Hostess needs 8 million pounds of sugar, 7 million pounds of flour and 1 million eggs.

I don't buy it. Doesn't look or feel baked....

There is a series of books called "Big Secrets" (Book 2 = Bigger Secrets, Book 3 = Biggest Secrets?) or something similar that has an entry describing the process of making Twinkies. I think it's written up in Book 2 of the series. There is supposed to be little difference in the ingredients of a Twinkie and a roll of film... Yucky.

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

I think the most disgusting are the deep fried mars bars. I watched two travel buddies eat them in Edinburgh, and I swear you could see the lump in their stomach when we got back. There's nothing quite like feeling your arteries harden, I'd wager.

I've never heard of the deep fried oreos, but as far as I'm concerned, putting oreos with anything other than milk is one step shy of blasphemy.

I'll stick to standard snickers bars or oreos with a tall glass of milk, thank you very much.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Here's a fun read from a Snopes article... :)
http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/twinkies.htm

_Pm

Edited to add: Cool! When I loaded the article, there was a banner ad for the Navy that had jumpers! B| I have way too much time on my hands...
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

I like this quote from that summary:

According to Hostess, it takes forty-five seconds to explode a Twinkie in a microwave.

This is important information!! :P I can't remember when I last had a twinkie. I do recall when the "Spam Cam" ran an experiment of watching Spam decompose alongside a Twinkie and a tomato. However, the tomato collapsed, and the juices got absorbed into the twinkie, which the lab notes stated: "We can only assume that the twinkie's defenses have been compromised."

Anyone remember the Spam Cam? :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you really want a cooked twinkie, just visit a state fair where you can get a deep fried twinkie (or oreo cookie or any number of other nauseating "treats") :P:S

I've seen those before. How could someone possible eat that?!
"Yes, I'd like the two-dollar heart-attack please. And a Diet Coke."
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I prefer ding-dongs. Twinkies are kinda limp and nasty.

;)

BWahahahahahahahahahaha....that's just funny:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:ph34r:, but I would have to agree...ding-dongs are good...Deep fried what?!?! Are these people insane?!?!:o

~R+R:):P;)B|:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

The bestest hostess snack cake are the honeybuns. Yummy!! But one of those things has like 600 calories.

PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T REMIND ME!!!!!:S

~R+R:)...::hides from nutrition facts::...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I know this Jamaican lady who used to work for Hostess. If you all knew what I was told about Twinkies ( or any other item with the creme filling ), you would never eat one again!:P

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

If you really want a cooked twinkie, just visit a state fair where you can get a deep fried twinkie (or oreo cookie or any number of other nauseating "treats") :P:S

I've seen those before. How could someone possible eat that?!
"Yes, I'd like the two-dollar heart-attack please. And a Diet Coke."

Fried Twinkies are gross. Theres a place here that serves them (in the south.. go figure). Took a bite out of pure curiosity once. Nasty. Good thing it came with ice cream :)