Milan

Ad adware 6

I'm using it at the moment - no problems yet :S

How long have you been using it ? Does your computer run much slower since you've installed the program ? I think mine does :(

I hope it doesnt think my msn messenger is a spy bot and automatically deletes it [:/]

I use it at work and at home. I'd recommend it. B|

Run it with all your other stuff closed, it'll be faster that way.

I've read reviews and it said that after he/she had downloaded the program, he/she downloaded trojan virus together with ad ware. Another review wrote that the program had messed up his/her computer and deleted the msn messenger because ad ware thought that was a spy bot. After reading these terrible reviews I'm starting to wonder if these bad things will ever happen to my computer :(

I've already deleted ad ware from my computer. Im hoping my compter wont be affected with any bad things as what those reviewers have said. :(

he/she downloaded trojan virus together with ad ware.

This is a problem when you download anything - you need to understand that by downloading it you can get other programs with it. You need to identify the possible problems. I have 3 computers at home, one acts as a server, one as a data server and one as a terminal. The terminal (which is the computer I use the most) hasn't had a virus program on it for 4 years because I know what to look for (being beind a firewall helps too).

Im hoping my compter wont be affected with any bad things as what those reviewers have said.

Having messanger taken off your computer is hardly the worst thing that can happen. Change the settings on the program and it won't delete those things. Ad aware is a great program - I'd be frustrated beyond belief without it.

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

I've been running Adaware for years now, and swear by that program.

Where did the person who had the problem download it from?

The site is www.download.com. Scroll down and look at the middle of the page and you would see a small section called most popular, then search for ad-aware which is number 2 of the list. click on that and scroll right down to the bottom of the page and click on ' read user comments on ad ware '.
Next you would see a list of comments but you click on ' show only negative comments' . And there, the reviewers post all sorts of bad comments about it. :(

he/she downloaded trojan virus together with ad ware.

This is a problem when you download anything - you need to understand that by downloading it you can get other programs with it. You need to identify the possible problems. I have 3 computers at home, one acts as a server, one as a data server and one as a terminal. The terminal (which is the computer I use the most) hasn't had a virus program on it for 4 years because I know what to look for (being beind a firewall helps too).

Im hoping my compter wont be affected with any bad things as what those reviewers have said.

Having messanger taken off your computer is hardly the worst thing that can happen. Change the settings on the program and it won't delete those things. Ad aware is a great program - I'd be frustrated beyond belief without it.

Jennifer

I don't have a firewall and I dont know how to use it. Im not very good with computers.

Download AdAware or Spybot from download.com. I have both running on my home machine and both are great spyware removal tools.

Make sure to run the internet updates after installing the software. That will make sure you have the newest release.

If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value."

Download AdAware or Spybot from download.com. I have both running on my home machine and both are great spyware removal tools.

Make sure to run the internet updates after installing the software. That will make sure you have the newest release.

If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

thanks, pm sent

Does anyone have this program ? Its a spy removal program. But Ive heard that instead of removing spy ware, it messes up your computer, eg windows, msn messenger, etc. Is that true? Pls help. :(

Ad Aware 6 is good stuff and has the markharju Seal of Approval (Bark! Bark!) :D

Seriously, it cleaned up my system in short order. Best of all, it's free for individual use.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I have been running it for a couple of years without an issue. Spybot Search and Destroy is another good one - but not as user friendly, but it does catch some things that AdAware doesn't grab yet.

For those with strong computer skills, there is a little program called "Hijack This" which was written in assembler and scans for everything that starts with the machine. The real danger with this is you can turn off anything! Yup, there are no safety checks, and you can disable things you may not be able to get back without a reinstall - only use this if you are in the expert category.

We install it on every customers computer that comes through the doors at our store. Its awesome.

Just make sure you dload the latest ref list from http://download.com.com/3000-8022-10285281.html

I just built a new computer yesterday, brand spakin' new install of winxp home and it found 4 right off the bat.. :P

Good Luck
http://sexygirlabs.com/url]

Ad-Aware located at http://www.ad-aware.com is an excellent spy ware removal application.

Ada-Ware located at http://www.adaware.com is completely different and I was told that this software is actually spyware. I've never installed it so I'm not sure.

Stick with Ad-Aware and you'll be fine.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I got it from download.com and it completely hosed my hard drive, to the point where I had to format the entire thing B| BUT I wouldn't blame it on ad-aware, my comp already had a virus on it and when I tried using ad-aware afterwards, it erased some vital stuff too. I think the buggie had something to do with it. If you're system is fine, I think ad-aware will do you good.

I've been running Adaware for years now, and swear by that program.

Where did the person who had the problem download it from?

thats what i'm wondering, i got my copy from lavasoft and i'v had NO problems what so ever.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Ad-Aware located at http://www.ad-aware.com is an excellent spy ware removal application.

Ada-Ware located at http://www.adaware.com is completely different and I was told that this software is actually spyware. I've never installed it so I'm not sure.

About time the computer industry came up with a code of ethics! People who perpetrate this kind of thing should be parted from some vital organs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I've been thinking about trying Hijack This, but I've been busy (and chicken...:D).

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

About time the computer industry came up with a code of ethics! People who perpetrate this kind of thing should be parted from some vital organs.

You will be safe if you go to www.downloads.com to get it. However, the name game does suck - and that other link IS a spyware program.