headoverheels

Another suspicious eBay rig

I don't think the seller is the one who stole it in the first place.

I don't think so either because he has a 94% approval rating. He could be a very good thief and con-artist, but I think your therory is probably closer to the truth.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

He needs to contact eBay immediatly. He also needs the POLICE to contact them immedialty. The rig isn't going anywhere. But eBay needs to cancel the purchase (which they can do) before the person who won sends any money

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

ITs been sold...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=310&item=3677940273&rd=1

Shit someone is going to pay a lot of money .. and recieve stolen goods...

No worries - the buyer is one of Rasta's friends in LA - she's been posting on this thread and we've been exchanging ideas on how to use "buy it now". She and Rastas are just making sure it doesn't get away.

I wish I could be there to see the look on the seller's face...:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

No worries - the buyer is one of Rasta's friends in LA - she's been posting on this thread and we've been exchanging ideas on how to use "buy it now". She and Rastas are just making sure it doesn't get away.

I wish I could be there to see the look on the seller's face...:D

nioce... always lovely to see a community pull together..

be better if the seller can ID the thief though...

If ya'll want an easy way to nail this clown contact skydivechick and get the creeps mailing address. Let the winner know what's going on and have her request the buyers address so she can send a personal check. Then, that's ASS. We'll round up about a thousand people and go knock on his door. ;)

Thats all good but they still need to contact eBay. They can make sure things go right as far as her eBay account and the sellers. If the seller had no idea it was stolen and is cooperative no reason for them to get hit with listing and final value fees on the sale and no reason for skydiverchick to get hit with non paying bidder warning.

If the seller did steal/knew it was stolen then eBay can get rid of his (_*_) and still charge him all the fees associated with the auction :ph34r:

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

the seller must have got duped, i mean, would you actually post the serial number of stolen merchandise in the listing? if he is the thief, he belongs here.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Hey, guys. Get the cops in on this. The worst thing you want to do is something that may constitute a crime in and of itself.

For good stuff, California Penal Code section 496 deals with this. The cat's engaged in the selling of stolen property. Let the appropriate police department seize the property pursuant to Rastas' complaint.

Note that under California law, Rastas can sue the guy for 3 times the amount of damages he sustained from it, plus attorneys' fees. But, everyone in this community should kinda relax and let the proper authorities do their thing.

Maybe this guy is a bona fide purchaser and didn't know it was stolen. That may be a big so what. What the heck is the guy doing purchasing a rig if he knows nothing about it? "Wow! That looks cool. I think I'll buy it. Hmm. 500 bucks? That's all?" He's got reason to be suspicious, and that's all it takes.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

If ya'll want an easy way to nail this clown contact skydivechick and get the creeps mailing address. Let the winner know what's going on and have her request the buyers address so she can send a personal check. Then, that's ASS. We'll round up about a thousand people and go knock on his door. ;)

Although that would be fun, it's possible that the seller is just a poor schmuck who thought he got a bargain from somebody in a hard-luck deal.

Like I said, if I was the thief, I'd show up at a flea market with a hard-luck story and say I'm selling the rig to pay for my kid's braces or something.

Seller looks sincere (young kid down on his luck, etc.), buyer smells a real deal (and doesn't care about who owns what); money changes hands. Thief walks away with a C-note or so, and laughs all the way to his drug dealer. Buyer laughs all the way to eBay...but not for long...>:(

You can't cheat an honest man - it will be interesting to see what happens.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Does this qualify for "Pimp Fees" for Sangiro? ;) After all this site put the two of them back together:ph34r:

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

Does this qualify for "Pimp Fees" for Sangiro

nope unfortunantly or fortunantly I got a phone call at 1 in th morning from a very good friend and great rigger who recognized his work on ebay.

But I do have to say its a great thing when are skydiving family comes together for a greater cause

Mother Hen

I don't think the seller is the one who stole it in the first place.

I don't think so either because he has a 94% approval rating. He could be a very good thief and con-artist, but I think your therory is probably closer to the truth.

This seller could be in either camp. That 94% is based on 28 transactions to 17 people, all more than a year ago. It looks like many were just book sales. A lot of con artists do a lot of small transactions to get the history up, and then switch to big stuff. Or this guy is the front man.

So don't tar and feather him off the bat, but be sure to pack some in the trunk!

Good hunting.

I'm locking this thread by request of one of the people helping to get the gear back. Updates will be posted when they know more.

Let's not tip this guy off - he's probably already tripping out at the number of hits he's gotten today.