billvon

Small animals

It's spring here (not that you can really tell) and all the larger animals are busy producing smaller animals. At Perris, the covered creeping area is chock full of house sparrows, with their young screeching for food. Whenever a bird (or even a person) comes near, two wide open mouths appear from the nest, and they wait for someone to shove a bug in or something. In a few weeks they'll probably be learning to fly, and the creeper area will be full of small birds and nervous parents flailing around.

At the tunnel last night, Celeste brought in a baby hummingbird that someone found at Perris. It is about the smallest living flying thing I've ever seen, about the size of a small peanut. She was feeding it with sugar water, and it seemed pretty happy, sitting on her finger and looking around at all the people bouncing off the walls of the tunnel.

And then this morning, while watering the slope, a rabbit the size of a small orange came out of nowhere, ran past me, and ran straight into a pot. It fell over onto its side, made running motions for a few seconds, then realized that wasn't working, so it got up and took off again - this time right into me. After that collision it got up and wobbled away into the canyon. Looks like it has a little more to learn before it joins the ranks of the adult rabbits who spend their time eating all my plants.

>There were a few baby squirrels hiding out underneath the team rooms
>when we were doing the JFTC calendar shoot.

And some mice. I caught one in team room G and let him go outside. (Melanie would probably kill me if she knew.) It looked like it was not long for this world, though.

And some mice. I caught one in team room G and let him go outside

Thank god I learned of the mice on Sunday evening while I was packing up. Not sure how comfortable I would have been during my photo session with Paul if I had know there were small, furry creatures running around.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Not sure how comfortable I would have been during my photo session with Paul if I had know there were small, furry creatures running around.

They are probably safer than most skydivers:D:D:P

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

The underside of the bunkhouse at Elsinore has become home to a family of very cute baby rabbits. . .

It was quite cute to see them.
FGF #6
Darcy

you would have to notice that...FLOOD

that is babys mom....she LOVES the apples off my tree...I like her alot and baby is very very friendly...and inquisitive.

sorry! :D just thought that was really funny! :P but seriously... that baby is beautiful! I love horsies! Wish I still rode! :)

we've had calves out the wazoo this spring!!! And lots of other babies too....ducks, geese, chicks, pigs, goats. But I was out watching a mama cow and her little baby about a month ago, and it was the FIRST time that I had ever seen one of them EAT the placenta. I knew they did it, but GYAAAAA!!!! If you've never seen it first hand, it's something that'll stick in your psyche. I'm just glad that we don't have to do that....

BTW....cows have a HUGE placenta

Peace~
Lindsey
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

we've had calves out the wazoo this spring!!! And lots of other babies too....ducks, geese, chicks, pigs, goats. But I was out watching a mama cow and her little baby about a month ago, and it was the FIRST time that I had ever seen one of them EAT the placenta. I knew they did it, but GYAAAAA!!!! If you've never seen it first hand, it's something that'll stick in your psyche. I'm just glad that we don't have to do that....

BTW....cows have a HUGE placenta

Peace~
Lindsey
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

My sister's horse just had a filly. It's a palamino with white socks and darling, darling, darling. I accidently deleted the pics, though. :(

And speaking of babies, I saw a baby flea on my dog, but I didn't think it was cute so I killed it.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

I saw one of them coming out from under the deck at manifest this last sunday. I wanted to put a pancake on its head.:)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Thank god I learned of the mice on Sunday evening while I was packing up

My kitty Milo found a mousie in the storage/back room the other night.. he was so proud of it after he played with it to death...he brought it to show me in bed.

My house is NOT a mousie friendly place.