Jimmybb

Hangover cures

Dr. Beech always works for me - His assistant, Nurse Otter has done salot of good - the low priced medical facilities - like Cessna MD always tend to hurt my head at first but eventually work.

Does anyone know if that stuff i saw on TV last night works or not?
I don't remember the name (I was almost asleep) but you are supposed to take it when you start drinking. Just want to know if it's worth the investment.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

While Gatorade is good at rehydrating you, it's straight glucose which will sit in your stomach longer and not move on through your system fast enough for the recovery you desire. If you can get one of the lesser-known sports drinks (Cytomax, Accelerade, HydroFuel), you'll be better off. They don't taste as good as Gatorade, but they're more effective.
Gatorade (as well as Powerade and other mass-marketed sports drinks) use glucose and sucrose which are gastric inhibitors. They get into your stomach, shut your pyloric vavle and they sit there. Glucose polymers, which are what some of the less-tasty beverages are made with, pass through your stomach much more rapidly. They don't taste as good, but you're less likely to 'taste them a second time' since they're designed to make fewer stops as they pass through your system.
Hangovers suck. All the best.
-C.

I take it you live south the border? If you lived in Scotland you would know fine well that if you are going out for a heavy session, next to your bed when you wake up should be a bottle, preferedly glass, full of that divine ginger liquid.....

IRN BRU!!!

There can be only one.......:D

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

A can of coke and a Bar One (a chocolate bar we have over here similar to a mars bar).

Caffeine in the Coke and glucose in the Chocolate.

Works like a Charm.

If i don't have to go to work another beer and fat spliff helps.

B|

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I believe the tried and true Anchovies in Black Olive Juice - with ranch dressing has worked before.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

The best defense is a good offense. Before you crash after a night of drinking:

2 BIG bottles of water
4 Advil or similar
2 one-a-day vitamins

I leave all this sitting ON MY PILLOW along with my contact case (I HATE sleeping with my contacts in). It's AMAZING how well this works. The water and advil are a must, the vitamins are secondary but do help too.

If it's too late, the next morning has arrived (and I'm not jumping or working):

3 bottles water
1 beer (or whatever you drink)
4 advil
2 multivatimins

Keep up the 3 to 1 ratio of water to beer for as long as it's necessary... seems to be the right combination of "hair of the dog" and rehydration.

This is Elvisio's "how the f**k is he bouncing around like that after all the stupid stuff he drank and stupid stuff he did last night" cure-all. Coming soon to the 2004 WFFC!

Elvisio "water is my friend" Rodriguez

I believe the tried and true Anchovies in Black Olive Juice - with ranch dressing has worked before.

GAAAAAG!!!B|

How can you even think of that? Can you even empathize that some people may really be looking for a cure here????:D

Ignore the Turtle.:)

While Gatorade is good at rehydrating you, it's straight glucose which will sit in your stomach longer and not move on through your system fast enough for the recovery you desire. If you can get one of the lesser-known sports drinks (Cytomax, Accelerade, HydroFuel), you'll be better off. They don't taste as good as Gatorade, but they're more effective.
Gatorade (as well as Powerade and other mass-marketed sports drinks) use glucose and sucrose which are gastric inhibitors. They get into your stomach, shut your pyloric vavle and they sit there. Glucose polymers, which are what some of the less-tasty beverages are made with, pass through your stomach much more rapidly. They don't taste as good, but you're less likely to 'taste them a second time' since they're designed to make fewer stops as they pass through your system.
Hangovers suck. All the best.
-C.

The glucose would be beneficial on the morning after and I don't understand the logic of putting something in your gut that would pass through quickly when you are hung over ;(

Michael

How can you even think of that? Can you even empathize that some people may really be looking for a cure here????

That IS a cure, it will most likely make you throw up the remaining alcohol in your stomach and put you on the road to recovery.:D:D:P

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Well, I'm not a nutritionist, so I can't speak as an expert, but here's how it works...
Glucose (either straight glucose or a glucose polymer) is a simple carbohydrate that is broken-down and absorbed into the bloodstream while in the intestines. So, if it were to sit in your stomach for a while before entering your intestines, it's not doing much for you, at least not as rapidly as you'd like.
-C.

Anything with elecrolytes - no not like a battery - caffiene, and seriously the all time bestestest cure for a hang over is Menudo. That shit can cure just about any kind of hangover too.

Yep - That is why I refuse to get a hang over.

The mexical soup named menudo works well enough though if I'm under the weather.:P

Damn -

Basically a hangover is mostly caused by dehydration and loss of B vitamins, mainly B-1 & B-6. So for me the best and healthiest is of course lots of water before bed, the more you drink before bed the better you will feel in the morning. Also, take vitamin B-1 & B-6 or a good B-complex before going out, right before bed and when you first wake up. Also, take a good dose of vitamin C and a good mutlivitamin. And if you add some Milk Thistle that will help cleanse your liver, at least a little.

The reason that aspirin, tylenol, advil etc are not that good, though they do help with the headache part, are that they either can upset your stomach more or are very hard on your liver. If you are going to take those then you should wait until you first wake up. Also, it is better to avoid coffee as it is a diuretic and will only dehydrate you more.

I have used the water and vitamin B-1 for years and it has always done me good. Recently I have added vitamin C and Milk Thistle when I have it.

Chiquita
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

Time is the only remedy.

I call bullshit. Two packets of Emergen-C (every vitamin) mixed into a sugarfree Red Bull (lots of B, no glucose), two - four ibuprofin (depending on your tolerance) and a hearty dose of protein and water. Within 30 minutes, you're back on top. This has worked consistently for me for at least a year, wherein I've been hungover at least once a week.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click