jtval

I broke my camera

actually, if you bought it from a store like best buy, they can look it up for you by your credit card... they did that for me when i was returning soomething w/o the reciept..

I went through my CC(visa) history and printed it out. it was bought 21 feb. JUST over what is probably thier 90 day policy.

I'll check anyway but I think gaffers tape will hold it together. it doesnt seem to be broken (electronically)
just the plastic that houses the lens.

I'll really give it a good look and decide if its air worthy if they wont take it back
My photos

My Videos

*** not that any one can do anything but I JUST fucking broke a brand new 650 videocamera.....FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....[:/] :( that's a shame....I know how it feels to break such a new toy.....
BUT... 8 or 10 Years ago when we busted something it was on a crummier video camera ...that cost 1,500..!!!! :o.. dollars......:o[:/] at least today the cost has dropped significantly... in fact....
Soon at a dealer near you..... DISPOSABLE Digital cameras.......!!!! ;) ;)

don't Sony have the same costumer service as L&B ??
Send it to them, and they send you a new one with a spare battery, 5 90 minutes tapes and a firewire cable :P

I agree, this MUST suck. Sooo sorry for you man. And this happened during "traditionnal" use, not even during a skydive...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Ha. The jokes on you. We are there already with regard to
digital still photos.
The newer disposables you buy in the store also take digital pics.
__

My mighty steed

Ha. The jokes on you. We are there already with regard to
digital still photos.
The newer disposables you buy in the store also take digital pics.

if you're talking about the dakota digital, it's junk and it's a gimmick. it defeats the purpose of digital photography completely and the picture quality is crap.

or you could be talking about the gimmick of getting digital prints or a cd from regular disposable film cameras. Those cameras that you take the 27 photos and turn back in to get a CD of your photos are no different from other disposable film cameras. but most people don't understand photography anyway... nowadays, 1-hr stores don't make photographic prints anyway. Once the film is developed, the machines scan the negatives to make prints or burn a CD.

either way, it's crap. If you want photos on your computer or to email to friends, buy a real digital camera. It will quickly pay for itself in savings of film and developing.

sorry to hijack
peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Man, that's a very easy field repair...mine broke like that too and I replaced it...it's just one part that you need to order...but you need to know the part number, see if you can get a hold of a service manual and the part number is there, order it and play with it, it's like a plug and play kind of thing, with some assembly required.

Felipe
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

after all the things I could have tried to get my camera fixed/replaced. I resorted to the best thing possible.

My Girlfriend offered to go "give it a try."
(she's as beautiful as she is cool) she had absolutely no problem getting a NEW TRV-22 in exchange for the old one;)

THAT WAS VERY COOL!:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

after all the things I could have tried to get my camera fixed/replaced. I resorted to the best thing possible.

My Girlfriend offered to go "give it a try."
(she's as beautiful as she is cool) she had absolutely no problem getting a NEW TRV-22 in exchange for the old one;)

THAT WAS VERY COOL!:ph34r:

Hi Jtval

How about a pic of your girlfriend;) Can we assume the camera retailer was a guy?

Has your girlfriend thought of going into the customer complaint resolution bussinessB|.

Dude Congrats on the camera you smooth talker :P

R.I.P.