Greatest Rock and Roll Band of All Time

And where the heck is:

Chuck Berry
Little Richard
Richey Valens
Buddy Holly
The Big Bopper
Jerry Lee Lewis for cryin' out loud!

Hell, if it wasn't for Little Richard and Chuck Berry you wouldn't have half of the artists you've mentioned -- specifically The Beatles & The Stones.

Listen to the early Beatles and if you don't hear Little Richard all over it, you ain't listening.

Clearlly, The Beatles are THE most influential musical group in history, but a LOT of their early stuff . . . they were heavily under the influence of those that came before them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Listen to the early Beatles and if you don't hear Little Richard all over it, you ain't listening.

I am a Beatle fanatic and nowhere is there music influenced by Little Richard...especially their early stuff.

If you ask enough people you'll get as many different opinions about anything. It's why they call them o-p-i-n-i-o-n-s.

Forty-two

Listen to "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" their first hit single here in the U.S..

Are you listening? Do you hear Paul sing? Do you hear all of those little "wooo" flourishes between choruses? Where do you think that comes from?

Well, according to McCartney, they come -straight- from Little Richard. They had been on tour in Europe, hung out together and swapped a LOT of stuff -- mostly it was a one way swap from Little Richard to the Beatles.

Those little "wooo" flourishes were kind of a staple for them in several songs. Listen to them and then listen to some Little Richard in the same time period. I think you'll hear what I mean.

Still don't believe me? Google it!
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Now I know if I came over and went through your closet I would find Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits nestled right next to John Denver.

You're forgetting Neil Diamond :D:D:D

Don't knock Neil. 'Forever in Blue Jeans' is one of my favorite songs.

I always loved ND.

Go ahead, laugh it up :)

:o

To tell you the truth, I am shocked...I have never heard a male openly admit to liking a Neil Diamond song...You have earned mucho respect...B|...

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

To tell you the truth, I am shocked...I have never heard a male openly admit to liking a Neil Diamond song...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My brother liked the Eagles which wasn't really odd to me till I saw The Big Lebowski (the black cabdriver throws Lebowski out for laughing at his Eagles music). He also LOVED ABBA...now THAT bothered me. He sang 'Fernando' when he wanted to get on my nerves.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

I was getting all ready for a major butt kicking (:P) but you DID put Black Sabbath up there! Rock on!

Difficult call though - separating Queen, Sabbath, ACDC, the Eagles etc...[:/]

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.