skyesspot

Get to try this one again....

AFF Level 2. I was SOOO nervous. I was more nervous for this jump then I was my first one. :S I guess because after I was done with everything on my first jump I was lower than I expected, I rushed EVERYTHING on my level 2. When doing my Arch/Reach/Touch, I put my hand on my helmet instead of in the air above to steady myself. [:/]

When doing my turns, I got the right turn down okay, but when turning left I was looking under my arm instead of above my shoulder so I never did turn. As for moving forward, I have the body position down, but quit as soon as I felt myself moving. Then while looking at my altimeter and it was still above 6k, I pulled. Okay, so I was at more like 6,8 (details :P). My landing was okay. They said I could have stood it up, but I decided to practice my PLFs instead (Thank You GFD :)
My instructor and I sat down afterwards, and even when describing the jump I was rushing thru it. He said I did everything I HAD to in order to pass, but didn't really want to pass me. I agreed. I would rather get it right on Level 2 and pass Level 3 (hopefully ;))

The only bad thing from the day as I see it was that on the way home I realized I broke a nail. :o j/k
Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff.

He Skye,

For your next AFF jump, we'll be in the plane with you again dear and you'll do just as well as you did on your AFF 1.

Iwan

Now aren't they some awesome people to give thier karma up like that?

Y'all rock!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So why do you think you rushed it hun???

You did seem really nervous getting ready but calmed down in the plane. Maybe Vic, Connie or Chris might have some suggestions on how to relax a bit to reduce the anxiety?

I used to get a song stuck in my head and would kinda rock out to it on the ride up. If I had the room, I'd have probably gotten up and started dancing. find what works for you.

(((((HUGS)))))
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

You were worried enough about repeating a level that you started a thread about it. Now that it has actually happened, you can relax about it and breeze through the rest! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't worry Skye! The next time you go up have Keith Wyatt on the plane. He'll rip one so bad you'll just want to get the hell out of the plane and you'll be so happy to be out that the jump will be a breeze!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Doesn't matter!

Cause looking good is feeling good and feeling good is flying good.

I say that because RoysPlayThing got a MONEY shot of you. Did you see that face shot? You looka likea rock star!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Don't worry Skye! The next time you go up have Keith Wyatt on the plane. He'll rip one so bad you'll just want to get the hell out of the plane and you'll be so happy to be out that the jump will be a breeze!

Where would you ever get the thought that I would expel anything less than fragrant flatulence on an airplane. Let me know when skye plans to do another jump and I will see if I can be one of the instructors.

avgjoe

Skye, sweetie, it doesn't matter if you have to repeat a level. The important thing is that you are jumping, learning and getting comfortable in freefall. You are just nervous, and are making things harder on yourself. I know that it's easier said than done, but if you relax in freefall ...you will do just fine. Trust yourself and your instructors. Know that you can do this...mentally, physically & emotionally. I'm your friend, and I definitely believe in you. :)