Brodes

Have you ever had 'misaligned' leg straps?

I did it one of the first times I was in the training harness...as a result, I always make sure everything is in place every time I put my gear on. I may look a bit weird adjusting my crotch so often, but I don't care- if you consider a balls-under malfunction combined with the opening shock, not pulling actually sounds like a better option.:P I hear you can easily pass out from the pain.B|

Oh yea. In freefall one of " the boys" worked his way under the leg strap. That taught me to make sure things were out of the way and my straps were good and tight. This was also the hardest opening I have had in my short career. Luckily the wind dried up the resulting tears and I had to explain the profanity to the other folks under canopy around me heard. They had a good laugh on that one. It was a good lesson for me. BUT I still had a good dive.

( edited because I still can't spell)

Yeah, it hurts. :S

Just make sure your legstraps are nice and tight, and your "little buddies" shouldn't be able to squeeze into them. B| It's not as big of an issue as you'd think.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Yeah, it hurts. :S

Just make sure your legstraps are nice and tight, and your "little buddies" shouldn't be able to squeeze into them. B| It's not as big of an issue as you'd think.

"LIttle Buddies"? Speak for yourself:P.

But yeah, first jump I ever did I had a legstrap-over-nut malfunction. I think I actually cried. I will dance and wiggle and do whatever it takes to keep one of the boys from getting squished under the leg strap.

Like everyone said, get the boys outta the way and tighten up the legstraps and you will be good to go.

I heard one happen once.

On the ground, relaxing, enjoying the sun. Suddenly a shriek resounds from the sky. We all leap to our feet, looking for something, anything...canopy cut away, collision, something. All looked fine...but the shriek continued. Someone landed and just laid there in a heap. No crash, just landed and laid down. Curled up on his side. Clutching his crotch. Moaning.

Someone explained a ball-under malfunction to me that day...and once again, I am pleased I'm not a man;).

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

"LIttle Buddies"? Speak for yourself:P.

Remember the old saying bro...."Any guy who brags about his dick size is probably hung like a hamster". B|:D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

For the guys, have you ever 'squashed your tackle' skydiving, what happens? Im quite scared of doing this [:/] :)

Just check your package, if it's part of your gear check no problemo.

Anyone hear of a guy making the same "misalignment" mistake twice? :S

R.I.P.

better to have a line over than a ball under!!!!!!

True, but having read that thread about getting money for BASE jumps the other day, if I DO end up with a ball under mal and have to cut away, at least I should be able to get $150k for it! :PB|:o

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.