kansasskydiver

I met the rudest most inconsiderate "whuffo" I've ever met last night :(

that must have taken a lot of strength not to beat his ass right there. >:( obviously this asshat is a completely ignorant dickhead. grrrr. that stinks.

There were two dickheads in that silly argument.

Michael

huh? i'm sorry... maybe i'm slow cuz it's friday afternoon and i need a jump... but i don't get what you are trying to say here. :S are you calling KSD a dickhead for defending himself? :S

Hi Weegegirl

Sorry I agree with Crwmike, Haven't you heard the "urban legend" of the bad dude in bar asks little guy to "go outside" little guy' decks bad dude who dies from heart attack, hittting head on curb whatever. Little guy goes to jail for manslaughter:(

If the Whuffo in the bar is really stupid lots of weapons available behind the good guy's back, broken bottle, knife, gun, bar stool, cue stick, head stomping etc. IMO not worth the chance.:S

Dude Your right I'm wrong see yaB|

Am I a coward or did I just review my options and take the one that I felt was most advantageous to me.

R.I.P.

Nah I guess I've gone off on a couple things that bothered me, but the main point was the disrespect for another person and their loss of a friend. The fact that they guy argued the point that Geoff died for nothing and that he wasn't sorry about it.
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Hi Kansas

The asshat was way out of line talking about your buddy. He was imo definatly trying very hard to push your button and may have had "something up his sleeve".

Sorry about your buddy:( IMO you did the right thing.

R.I.P.

had just asked me permission to do something, and thus I outranked him - and this student had just told me about how great he was.

Funny isn't it, how the truth always
hangs these guys up in the end!
:o

...Great story! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

had just asked me permission to do something, and thus I outranked him - and this student had just told me about how great he was.

Funny isn't it, how the truth always
hangs these guys up in the end!
:o

...Great story! B|

As a pre- A "few jump wonder"; I would never make the mistake of "talking above my head" just to look more experienced/tougher/whatever. You just end up looking like a d%$#.

Quite frankly, I wear my inexperience on my sleeve and hope to learn something; and hope to be treated with the same respect that I will give a "newbie" once I have the knowledge to share.
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

I wear my inexperience on my sleeve and hope to learn something

Good point, as we all should do.:)

Funny story~

I was in a bar at an Air Show once,
talking with one of the best Air Show Performers alive...

Some pinhead comes over to him and starts telling
him the real "How to" on stunt flying.

My friend nods in agreement, and at all the B.S.
Mr. Pinhead is putting forth.

When he left us, I asked my friend why
he didn't say something to correct the jerk.

My buddy replied-
He knows he's an asshole...
&
I know he's an asshole...

If I let him know that I know...that he's an asshole-
Our knowelge on the subject would be equal.

This way...
I know more about EVERYTHING than him!:D

Took me a minute...But he was RIGHT!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

It is three weeks of very physical activity.

Bwahahahaha

I loved that shit...

"Off we go into the wild blue yonder.... riding high into the sky...".

Amazing what singing the AIR FORCE song does to ARMY instuctors....

BWAHAHAHAHA
Drop and give me 10.... shit I was already used to 25.. so the 10 was a piece of cake.;)

Try this one:ph34r:

When I went through Airborne Training 50% of my unit went through at once. We had almost 300 Marines in our training company. Needless to say we took over the cadences.

"Bring it on down? 1 2 3 4 1-2 3-4?"

We said screw that shit and with the loudness and espirit de-corp only 300 Marines can muster we said 1 2 3 4 UNITED STATES MARINE CORP!

Was probably the best most fun I had as a Marine.

Yeah they dug our dicks in the dirt but with 299 of your buddies egging you on, you took the black hats shit with a smile on your face:D. Hell we even egged them on for more.

I think they were glad to see us go.

Maybe our joy, excitement and fun to be had takes away from his "martyrdom". You can't be the bravest boldest superhero doing something that others have delight doing. . .even paying to do.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I've had similar encounters as have we all.

The weirdest was at a bar I frequented in El Cajon, Ca.

I had a jacket with our demo team's logo on the back which started the conversation.

This older totally drunk guy kept making one line comments 'just loud enough' to interrupt conversation I was having with some friends...

Around the 6th time, I walked over to him and offered to buy him a beer and to join our group since that seemed to be what he was trying to do anyway...

Drunken slurs about wanna be's...
and how I'd crap my pants if I ever really
jumped out of an airplane followed.

He asked how many jumps I had...1500 I answered...
NOBODY has 1500 parachute jumps!
He exclaimed...

Ahhh...I told him, I see the confusion!
You mean MILITARY jumps....
I'm civilian, and we call them skydives.
Yeah, bullshit he answers.

An hour or so later, getting ready to leave...
I reached into my pocket and gave him a business card. If you ever want to make a jump, I'm also an instructor at Elsinore...

A week later I get a package in the mail...
Pins...posters...patches...and and really nice apology,
from the drunk, a local attorney..
that also happened to head up
the 101st Airborne club, (retirees) in SoCal.

We became friends and he even made a tandem with me!:)

GREAT STORY! Thanks for sharing.B|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I asked him what size canopy he was jumping, he said something like T13-T14. I've never heard of them, but I could be wrong.

I think these are round parachutes used by the military. You usually have to jump them in lower winds.

I don't recall what they renamed the T-10 after they made it one of those high-performance "steerable" parachutes, but T-13 or -14 does not sound right.

FWIW, you do not have to jump them in winds any less than you do a ramair. We would jump them in 20 knots in a New York minute. Of course, a goodly number of us would wind up getting medevaced out, but that's part of the Airborne experience.

Blue skies,

Winsor