missann1320

B License Water Training Anywhere?!

Happy Tuesday!!!

Curious if any DZ is going to or can hold water training on April 25-27th for the B license requirement? Or I will be at Skydive Suffolk May2-4th and would be willing to fly/drive to a DZ then as well.

I need to get my B/C license ASAP and need the training... I am willing to fly from Michigan to anywhere... just let me know if you have any details
Smile!
http://www.399FirstDates.com

Skydive Oregon is having water training sometime this up coming month I think. I can’t remember the exact date but it wouldn’t be hard to find out if you really want to fly that far for water training.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

If you're willing to pay the cost to drive/fly for water training, perhaps you'd get by cheaper by organizing water training locally. All you need is a ragged out canopy/harness (which one of the local DZs may have already), a body of water, and a willing S&TA. Shouldn't be too hard to find all three, and I can't imagine the cost would be more than the travel, especially if you can get a few local jumpers to split the cost. The only things that should cost any money are the time for the instructor and probably rental fees for a pool (since I imagine any local lakes are going to still be too cold this time of year).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If you'd mentioned it earlier, I'm pretty sure there was one in Ohio last month. If I were you I'd try calling the other Michigan DZ's as well as the ones nearby in Ohio, Indiana, Chicago area, etc. and see if you can get someone there to do it. Or you could try asking Cindy - she's also an S&TA - but she doesn't usually do that kind of stuff.

Wanna fly here?

I teach it often.

Heck, if you video tape yourself jumping in a pool with a rig and swim out of it, we can do the rest as an Internet correspondence school. The ground school stuff is pretty easy to do over the phone.

:P

Note - that is not meant to be an invite into some sexy you-tube video, however if you want....:P:P:P

Note - that is not meant to be an invite into some sexy you-tube video, however if you want....:P:P:P

But...make sure to get that sexy hair-flip thing on camera when you come up out of the water... :)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Funny how the SIM allows A-license to perform water jumps but only requires training for it to get a B license.

"I have an A-license and I can do all the water jumps I like because I learned about in FJC. I only have to go through the physical training if I want a B license. Cool!"
[:/]

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Funny how the SIM allows A-license to perform water jumps but only requires training for it to get a B license.

"I have an A-license and I can do all the water jumps I like because I learned about in FJC. I only have to go through the physical training if I want a B license. Cool!"

Yeah, well....people routinely fly themselves into the ground, especially after long layoffs but even rather basic canopy training, has to be sought "on the side" and the recurrency jumps, are all about turning points...:|...it's pure genius! :D
"T'was ever thus."

I learned long ago (ok, maybe last year or the year before) that a good instructor and a good skydiver and a good student thinks WAY out of the USPA cereal box on water training, and for that matter, all training.

I don't care what the USPA teaches... I have learned so much from professionals in watersports who have attended my water trainings, (like how to navigate a river without a boat) that I try to pass on.

Like where to land in oceans. Like how not to get a foot under a rock in a river.

I even now have video of square and round parachute landings, two done by yours truly, plus a few others, into rivers... Too bad the USPA does not think bridges are good starting points for such endeavors... However students get to see real landings, just forget the lack of an airplane.:P

...and "back in the day" an intentional water jump was a requiremement.

I've become such a wimp...give me the heated pool nowadays.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Thanks folks for your ideas, help, and advice as it is all totally appreciated!!

I figured something out that looks like it should work with my S&TA...

If that doesn't pan out, it looks like Skydive Houston is organizing something at that end of this month (26th) as a last ditch effort.

Thanks again all! Happy Hump Day!!
Smile!
http://www.399FirstDates.com

i saw them doing water training in the swoop pond at z-hills during a weather hold.

z-hills is a very cool place, and if you're willing to travel for water training, it's a great excuse! B|

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001