Tinkerbelle

verbal abuse apology

PUBLIC APOLOGY:
I need to make a point. I recently made a post about verbal and physical abuse. Granted I am experiencing that in my life in a big way, and need some input with regard to that issue, and how to make it stop, so I can preserve the relationship that is otherwise so valuable to me. But I am not pointing any fingers at anyone in particular, and definitely no one whom anyone knows personally!

I am very upset that a number of people went running to my SO to tell him I was saying nasty stuff about him. I just want to clear the air for anyone who might have gotten that misperception.

I was talking in general about an entirely different relationship. My SO, the one in the picture with me, is the sweetest, kindest, gentlest, most giving, thoughtful human being on this and every other planet. So for all you people who went running to him to tar and feather me, and try to destroy our union, for whatever reason, could you please now go run back to him and tell him that you were mistaken to have done that, and that I love him more than anything in this Universe and the next, and I would never say anything mean or hurtful about him, ever! He means the World to me! Instead he is the one about whom I wrote an entire thread about having a crush on.

Let it be known to the World that I am deeply in love with my SO, and I wish his friends could appreciate that and support us, and be happy for us. I am sorry if anyone got the wrong impression from my post.

Thanks for your consideration!
Tinkerbelle :)
Rehab is for quitters.

and that I love him more than anything in this Universe and the next,

Umm....didn't you post in a different thread a few days ago about how you could never love anyone as much as your former SO? Now suddently you love this current guy more than anything? Make up your mind....

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Might be a good idea to really think before you post next time. As you have said over and over again, the skydiving community is small. Count on what ever you post here to get out.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I am very upset that a number of people went running to my SO to tell him I was saying nasty stuff about him. I just want to clear the air for anyone who might have gotten that misperception.

It's always best to assume that people will jump to conclusions and try to stir up or "figure out" the drama. Clarifications are always a good thing.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

and that I love him more than anything in this Universe and the next,

Umm....didn't you post in a different thread a few days ago about how you could never love anyone as much as your former SO? Now suddently you love this current guy more than anything? Make up your mind....

I think you are right,

I have trouble with this one 'cause the one true love in my life, Shawn Gloyer, the pilot of the King Air in Hawaii, died and left me broken hearted. I have tried to love since, but no one will ever compare to my Shawn. So having loved him essentially left me a widow at 30, and ensured I would never be as happy with another man. I still talk about him all the time, which drives the men I have loved since crazy, 'cause they just can't compete with a dead guy. No one will ever measure up, so whomever I am with will never be as good as the true love of my life. And I will always wish I was with my Shawn instead.
I also loved a couple men before Shawn, but lost track of them while pursuing my education. They have both since gotten married and had kids, so I can't have them either.
Had I never been in love, I wouldn't know what I was missing so I would still be happy with my little black book I had in college, always feeling that a boyfriend was just a waste of time and got in the way of my exploring life 'cause not as many doors open for a guy and a girl as easily as they open for just a single girl. I used to be happy alone, now I pine for my lost loves.
All that other stuff sounds great, but I honestly think I would have been better off had I not experienced the exstacy of true love 'cause now I wouldn't miss it so much!

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You know you're right! I just can't seem to win in this forum. I perceive a bit of a clique here, much like those I endured at the all girls' schools I went to all through Jr. high and high school, in which I do not feel very welcome.

I just get so bored living up in the mountains all alone I do tend to talk too much, and bear my soul all too honestly and openly. This is not the place to do that, for there are too many critics who love to shred people on this forum. Guess I'd better just stick to talking to my cats. They aren't quite as judgemental.

I am not feeling the love here. And in the words of the late, great Roger Nelson, can't we all just "Share the Love!"?
Can I get a hug here before y'all make me cry?
Tink :(:)
Rehab is for quitters.

Hey Girl,

I don't think anyone is trying to be mean. [:/] I think they're just trying to have fun. Your posts are a bit heavy and dramatic at times. I think they leave people not knowing what to say, with their mouths hanging open sometimes. That can be a conversation killer. Take it with a grain of salt and try to be a bit more light. :)

Your posts are a bit heavy and dramatic at times. I think they leave people not knowing what to say, with their mouths hanging open sometimes.

Well, that and trying to keep the "facts" straight.

Sigh.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

It's the internet. You should be talking with a professional not hanging your dirty laundry out for the world to see. If you wanted warm fruzzy's from people, talk to ONLY the people that you know will cosign your BS.

I read through most of your first post, I don't know you and it read to me that you was saying your SO was verbally and physically abusing you. I stopped reading it as it really didn't make any sense that you posted it with your avatar showing you and who I percieved was the person you was talking about.

I am not part of any clique here, don't get PM's, only know a couple jumpers who post here, so saying that it's the "clique" that got it wrong is WRONG.

You should never have aired your shit in public.

I do hope you get professional help with dealing with the abuse but thats your shit. Only one that has control over it is you.

Blue Skies:)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I suppose I don't give a shite about the politics of this thread, but if anyone really wants information on physical and verbal abuse, go to
mcadsv.org
ywca.org
or, I bet you could do a search on "domestic violence" and find a whole bunch of acredited people that will tell you you can't "preserve" a violent relationship in a healthy way. period.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose