Brains

Would you take a nonskydiving S.O. to the WFFC??

Ok, I am wondering why someone would want to bring a non-skydiving s.o. to the convention for the entire 10 days.:S I mean, I go to boogies to skydive (some), party, and hang out with old friends and meet new ones. B| Doesn't mean i want to hook up with anyone, just hang out and have fun.:D I truly would not want the burden of having to entertain a non skydiver. That is what nonskydiving vacations are for.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Bank thing worked out huh?

:D:D:D

HAHA I was wondering the reasoning behind this question myself. Thank turtle.

So does she swallow? If so take her ass to the WFFC!! The relationship would be new and the sex would be exellent. :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

My wife has a good time at the DZ's and boogies. She had a blast at SEMO, and she's going to be at the WFFC during the jumping (unlike me. I'll be there for a week or so early, and maybe a little late too).

She's probably going to volunteer with Snowwhite to offset the registration fee. It really is a fee for her, as she gets nothing out of it but a couple of bands. She can't stand beer. Not even free beer.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

No way. WTF is a whuffo gonna do at the convention? Sit around waiting for you to get done jumping? Stand next to you while you hang out with people they don't know, talking about things they don't understand? Complain that you aren't spending enough time with them?

But then again I wouldn't have a nonskydiving S.O. so what I think doesn't really matter. :D

I'm with Lisa on this one. I've been to lots of WFFCs, and have seen the Whuffos hanging out, they are not having fun. Brains, what the hell are you thinking? WFFC is like Vegas. What happens at WFFC, stays at WFFC. Do you want to miss a chance like that? Leave the girlfriend at home. She will only end up bugging you because you aren't spending enough time with her. Oh, and when she sees you at a RB initiation, that in itself, will seal the deal. She'll want to leave the next day, and if you don't, she'll end up pouting and you will suffer for it.

Don't do it
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I agree. WHuffos only get bored there and cause problems. There's nothing for them to do unless they volunteer (which would be a great idea), which means a long day of sitting on the packing tarp.

but as lisa said, my SO isn't a whuffo. If we had the $$ to go, we'd both be there, in true Rodriguez fashion. :ph34r:

__

This is why I'm leaving early for the convention, and she's coming down later with the car. If she doesn't like it, she can go back.

She did have fun at SEMO, but this is different. I'm not going to tell her NO, she can't come. That would be worse than the pouting.

Oh, and Bytch, I was married to her before I started skydiving, so the non skydiving S.O. doesn't work for me. :S

Let her come, if SHE wants to, or there will be problems for sure. Make it plainly known though, that you are there from this time to this time, and she may not enjoy it.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Let her come, if SHE wants to, or there will be problems for sure. Make it plainly known though, that you are there from this time to this time, and she may not enjoy it.

You can be as straight and to the point as possible, but there are just some people that don't ever hear what you say. (I'm not saying that about your wife) I thought I was straight forward and was speaking English last WFFC to someone that came out there because of me. Turns out, I must have been using Sign Language in his eyes, cause he sure didn't act like he understood what I had told him. Talk about a wet noodle. Ugh....finally I had enough of the pouting from him, and he left. I'll never put myself in that situation again. It's so much better for me to go out there without a b/f and hang with my buddies.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

My wife is a non skydiver and she's really likes going to the convention driving the golf cart around,meeting people and partying at night. I like the fact that she's there so I've got somebody to "hook up " with. I think it depends on everyone's own relationships. She's has been trying to encourage more S.O.'s from our dz to join in on the funB|B|B|B|.

:)

Think of it in terms of a day at the dz... for a week.

Do they have a good time at the dz during the day? Are they bored? Do they feel left out?

There will be some drinking, revelry, and senselessness. Are they comfortable with that?

Are they ok with wet t-shirt contests? Do you have any pics? :) :ph34r:

Oh, and when she sees you at a RB initiation, that in itself, will seal the deal. She'll want to leave the next day, and if you don't, she'll end up pouting and you will suffer for it.

Of course the answer to this problem is to take her on a tandem and bring her to the altar yourself!!!!

To answer the actual question posed by the thread: I would love to let my gf see the Convention so she could understand the vibe and why I get so excited every year (or every day of every year) but I know that over 10 days she'd get bored... and yea, for as much as I care about her I'd get bored trying to take care of her for ten days... and watching my behavior for all that time would suck too! :D

Elvisio "counting down" Rodriguez

I like the fact that she's there so I've got somebody to "hook up " with.

Well, I'm not married, and most of my friends will tell you they don't see me getting married anytime soon. I don't think I'd ever have a problem getting a hook up at the Convention. Not that I’m looking for one;)

Turtle........you can go back into your shell and stay there till Skyfest. It will be at that time that you will get the punishment that you deserve :ph34r:

My non-skydiving wife has been going since before I started Skydiving. Her dad and brother used to jump. Now I'm the only one left in the family. My wife looks forward to the all day all night drinking, sleeping in, no kids, no pressures, leave your morals at home vacation. It all depends on what kind of S.O. you have. If it is a partier then bring her. If she's the jelous type leave her at home.

Chris

HOW DARE YOU EVEN ASK;)

But seriously it depends. If you think she can get in too it. it would be cool to bring her. But if she thinks were crazy for jumping from them plans. NO go alone
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Okay, as a past whuffo... I think it depends on the person.

I LOVE going to the different things. I have just started my AFF but went to lots of them last year as a whuffo. I can finds lots of way to entertain myself and more times than not he had to come find me!!!

So again, are they going to be a "cling on" or can the person make friends and find things to do without you.

:)
Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Bank thing worked out huh?

:D:D:D

LOL, NO!:$

Wow, i go to actually do some work and things get way out of hand.
First, i am not going to WFFC. This whole thing about being in the A/C business and August in TX:S:D

A friend is planning on bringing his S.O. and i told him he is a damn fool.:D;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

A friend is planning on bringing his S.O. and i told him he is a damn fool.

Yea, that's what they all say:ph34r: