tunaplanet

Speaking of PETA...

Someone posted a thread about PETA earlier. It got me to thinking about how much I truly despise them.

What other groups do you guys hate or gets on your nerves?

HEY PAL!!!!>:(
I have always supported P.E.T.A. the same way my family for over 400 years before me have!
P.eople
E.ating
T.astey
A.nimals :ph34r:

I will probably offend someone by naming this group, but I will nominate Scientologists to the list of groups I despise. No, I am not anti-religeous, just against what these people stand for and teach. Not sure if these people are a big deal in your area, but in Clearwater, Florida, they have one of their main headquarters here and a lot of controversy is always involved with them.

Forty-two

Greenpeace gets to me a lot. I think the other environmental groups could advance more of their concerns if it wasn't always a high-pitched shrill.

ACLU could be doing so much for everyone, instead they choose to far less, for very few.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Scientology,:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
The group that upon initiation, makes you eat food with no value while doing massive aerobic activity while watching a VIDEO...over,& OVER & OVER(Look into my eyes...) and over, ...drink water, sweat and watch video..give money, get spouse, get kids(& their money) if they don't, we'll lock mommy in the basement of our hotel/Church:|:|:|:|:|:|
:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

NOW. National Organization for Women. I thought it would be cool to join the group, but I have a real problem with some of the issues they support. And, they're just a bit too....in your face, for me. Kind of like PETA.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

NOW issues I support: They are currently fighting a marriage ammendment introduced by CO senator Wayne Allard which would affect civil marriages and the benefits that can result from them. Specifically, this would have a detrimental effect on same sex marriages and the ability of these partners to acquire legal benefits resulting from their union.

They are also fighting the medicare changes which will incorporate a new drug benefit program. They believe it will be too expensive for seniors, particulary women, who apparently require more prescription meds than men and receive less retirement income. Go NOW.

Hmm, I think I may have spoken to soon. Their issues are absolutely beneficial. That is why I considered joining and participating in the group. They concern themselves with global equality of women as well as: equal rights for women in the workplace, speaking out/reducing violent acts against women, establishing/maintaining constitutional rights, developing health standards to incorporate the needs of women.

I think it is absolutely necessary to have better representation for women both in the US and globally.

I would have to say that the issues I have a problem with come down to two: affirmative action and abortion rights. As for abortion rights, personally, I would NEVER be able to abort a pregnancy. I couldn't. That's just me. I do support other women's rights to abort, though, and the availability of RU486. But, that support has created a personal struggle in me that I've yet to overcome. So I don't feel comfortable supporting a group, putting their bumper sticker on my car, whatever...yet.

Also, I'm a registered democrat...that fits well with NOW. But, I tend to vote conservative. And NOW does not support Bush or a republican government.

Oh, and their FEMINISM NOW, ALWAYS motto kind of intimidates me, a little.

This is something I've struggled with for a while...to support or participate in a group if you don't agree with everything? It's the very reason I don't always vote democrat. I was raised catholic, but don't attend church. Things like that...
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

The ACLU is, IMO, the biggest group of anti-government, pro-criminal, no ethics, lawyers in the world. I have a very hard time working with the idiots. They are extremely arrogent and disrespectful in interviews but if a LEO coughs w/o saying excuse me they run to the media. I could go on.

Bottom line is I dislike the ACLU as an organization and haven't met a member that I like either.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

Ku Klux Klan, ACLU, PETA, Greenpeace, Americans for Gun Safety, Brady Campaign, Violence Policy Center, Million Mom March... basically every one on this page.

Add to that basically everyone Bernstein speaks negatively about in You Can't Say That!

Oh yeah, and the Clintons.

On the other hand, Cato Institute has some things to say that I find worthwhile to hear.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

All of y'all need to get lives. Hating any of these groups takes to much energy. At least Dagny has thought through her issues with NOW and admits she can't resolve them so it isn't even hate there, just being uncomfortable.

Extremists on each end of the spectrum are what causes change to happen. Now do not start in that I support terrorism please. But without the NRA and the anti-gun folks there would be no change at all and some fine tuning is always needed. You can say that about any groups. ACLU versus left and right, NOW versus the Eagle Forum, the list goes on forever.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

NOW. National Organization for Women. I thought it would be cool to join the group, but I have a real problem with some of the issues they support. And, they're just a bit too....in your face, for me. Kind of like PETA.

A lot of women think the same way.

Check out Rightgrrl and iFeminists. They've basically said that although they support feminist issues, NOW doesn't speak for them and hasn't for a long time.

Rightgrrl is the home of my favorite Feminist Conservative hottie, Carolyn Gargaro B|. iFeminists is run by Wendy McElroy.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Any group that advocates, preaches or supports hate and/or intolerance.

Yeh! what she said!!....I hate those kind of groups too:ph34r:
..but, I hate everyone "equally":)

Brought this thread back to life.
I just saw a commercial slamming PETA for their support of homegrown terrorism. It's stated' if you send money to PETA you are supporting bombings and terror acts'. It surprises me that they have created such animosity.

--------

This is actually somewhat true. They have defended (with money donated to them) people who have bombed, yes bombed! slaughterhouses. People could have been injured or killed in this stupid action yet PETA feels the need to donate money in their defense. This is up there with bombing abortion clinics, when you endanger lives I believe you give up your right to speak for your cause. I refuse to give them money and if they ever called looking for some I would give them a piece of my mind.

Josh

I had a high disregard for that group (not sure if they have a name) of young women who where "saving their virginity" for something special, like marriage.:P
Funny thing is that now that I have a daughter I wish they had a hotline.:ph34r:

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy