LouDiamond

SKYMAMA & Birdman

I am here with Skymama in Deland and I am giving her the First Flight Course. We will be going up in a few so she can get her Bird on. MTF..:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well, like clockwork, the bad weather rolled in and the plane got scratched. I think she was glad the rain came though. Her secret deodorant was getting a work out:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Sunday morning...I'm drinking my coffee and contemplating my first BM ride, trying to remember everything Scott went over with me yesterday. I'm as nervous as when I was on my first solo student jump.

Scott is headed down to Lake Wales, so my first BM jump today will be with someone almost as good...Jari. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I did my first Birdman jump with Jari and lived to tell about it! B| We got to exit at 15,000 which started the jump off great. The whole jump went well right from the exit and Jari even held my hand for a short bit and then did circles around me. It was so cool! I had a couple line twists on opening (which is why I never wanted to do BM in the first place!) but I think it is because my harness slid off my shoulder a little when I deployed. I jumped up and down with Jari in the landing area, I was so excited and my hands didn't stop shaking for 20 minutes after the landing! :ph34r: I can definitely see how addictive wingsuits can be, the flight was nothing like anything I had experienced before. I loved it! :)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

how much freefall time did you get on this jump?

I don't have a Pro-track, so I'm not really sure. Since we exited at 15,000, Jari estimated we probably got about 100 seconds. Maybe some of the experienced bird people can throw in their thoughts on that.

And yes, I gladly owe beer. :)

Where's the pics? the video? wally

Jari doesn't wear a camera, so I only have some pics from on the ground. I'm pestering him for them already this morning. :ph34r:

I jumped up and down with Jari in the landing area, I was so excited and my hands didn't stop shaking for 20 minutes after the landing! :ph34r: I can definitely see how addictive wingsuits can be, the flight was nothing like anything I had experienced before. I loved it! :)

Nice Andrea!