TomAiello

I love this car

I'm on a multi-week road trip across the country. Atlanta, Georgia, back home to Twin Falls, Idaho, via not quite the shortest route.

It's pretty much the maiden voyage for our new car. I can't decide if it's the most practical fun car I've ever driven, or the most fun practical car I've ever driven. Pretty decent gas mileage, actually roomy in the front seats, good storage or back seats, awesome handling and super-quick acceleration (that's what you get for putting a supercharger in a car that only weighs 2400 pounds).

Photos (of the car) here. Harry Potter fans will recognize the name. Others will decide that I'm really a nerd.

I thought of AggieDave, and what he would have to say about our tiny little foreign car, when I took the photos in College Station.

Fun, fun, fun! If you get a chance to drive one of these, do it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

my wife and i bought one (for her). ours is the cooper classic (no supercharger) but it's still like driving a go-kart around town, stable on the highway, good on gas and a blast to drive. lotsa room up front for even a really tall person, not a lot of room in back if there's a big person in front. B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

You realize if you would have contacted me (Ted knows my number) I would have been more then happy to show you around town and take yall to Freebirds.:)
Cool pics. You know, I'm starting to see mini's in College Station, I think I saw one last month, a yellow one.:P

And show you a local B that was jumped only once about 10 years ago, and the crazy story behind it...now if only Kyle Field was taller.>:(B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Through New Mexico? That just slightly out of your way ;) I do love that state though. I personally think its one of the most beautiful states in the country. I can't wait until I can go visit there again.

You manage to take Pig to any exit points yet? ;) And you know if you had dropped word of your intended route the DZ.com community could have hooked you up with lots more cool little things and maybe an extra jump or two. :P
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

And you know if you had dropped word of your intended route the DZ.com community could have hooked you up with lots more cool little things and maybe an extra jump or two. :P

I know. But I'm trying very hard to make this a non-parachuting vacation. I haven't had a non-jumping trip in about five years.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Cool road trip pics! :)
I've wanted to try and drive one of those mini's. Reminds me of a car I saw over in Europe. If American's think the mini is small -- you gotta check out the SmartCar! It's so damn tiny you can park it on the sidewalk! Or you can parallel park it sideways (with the bumper to the curb instead of the door)
It's not approved for use over here, tho. Too bad.

Here's a pic of it...
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Hmmm. What for?

You know Tom, the ususal that would come about in a coversation with you...if it was taller I would like to use it as a sniper blind to take out the parking nazis on campus.

B|:P:P

I can't believe the number of jumpable things I saw in college station

Yeah, the chicks are HOT! :)

do you know how hard it is to find a classic mini in good condition in the states?

Its almost as hard as finding a vintage Oval or split window VW bug in good condition.:P

I rode in a SmartCar last year in Switzerland. When I was living in Davis, someone there had one that you'd see around town. I'm not sure how they got it into the country, though.

Mileage on the SmartCar is fantastic--I think I heard 65 mpg or something. But performance is a little lacking. 0-60 was something like 17 seconds.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

my wife and i bought one (for her). ours is the cooper classic (no supercharger) but it's still like driving a go-kart around town, stable on the highway, good on gas and a blast to drive. lotsa room up front for even a really tall person, not a lot of room in back if there's a big person in front. B|

I died laffing when I saw the front plate!! The plate on the car is AWESOME!! OMGWHEE Reminded me of Gonads & Strife!! :ph34r::ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

You know Tom, the ususal that would come about in a coversation with you...if it was taller I would like to use it as a sniper blind to take out the parking nazis on campus.

Well, that *other* texas university, has a nice tower that i *heard* could be used for that as well. Perhaps you should wear ORANGE:P:P:ph34r::ph34r:

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Well, that *other* texas university, has a nice tower that i *heard* could be used for that as well. Perhaps you should wear ORANGE:P:P:ph34r::ph34r:

>:(>:(

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Looks like the sport package, and no sunroof. Have you ever tried autocross? That car would be a serious contender. The Cooper is tops in it's class. The S doesn't do nearly as well, though, since the supercharger puts you up in a higher class.

We haven't gotten a plate yet--have to get home to Idaho first, but "WHEEE" is our first choice. :)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

This thread brings up small cars.. Not a hijack at all.

I've been looking at the Scion xB as a replacement for my big ass full size Chevy pu. The truck is great. Just to big and for daily comutes it's a monster on gas. The xB is fun and surpisingly agile on the road. Engine is only a 1.5 VVT-i (108hp)Toyota power plant. With a turbo and supercharger being worked on at Toy's RD Dept. (TRD Toyota Racing Development) advertised to add up to 40+ HPs. This thing is just fun to drive and have alot of room for "stuff" They're in limited release right now. So you may not have seen one in your city yet. Very very aggressive pricing too. Base model is 15k that comes with power windows, locks, ac, cd player, defroster etc...Then you just pick and choose the accessories you want to add. Pretty pricey with the adds. So I'm still trying to tweak my order form to meet my financial situation. This vehicle would save me so much in gas, monthly payment and insurance. Who knows. There are pros and cons with all major purchases. I haven't bought it yet B|

Here's a couple pics I stole off the net..

Had to add, the pics don't show it's true size. It's only an inch longer then the Cooper Mini :D

nope, no sport package... the cooper classic (the salesman told us) is what they use to get people into the showroom. it sells for 23,800 and you can't get any options other than the color. that said, it comes with the aluminum wheels, a/c, pw and a cd player, so it's pretty well equipped. the cooper model starts at 25k or so, and you can option that up, then there's the cooper s which starts around 30k. (these prices are all canadian). the only thing we miss is cruise control.

no autocross though, it's her car, and since i drive 'aggressively', i don't drive it much. :D. it's her baby. once she gets the first scuff on it, maybe i could go race with it.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001