AggieDave

Skyfest kicked ass!

I met more DZ.commers then I can think of, got some cool jumps in, was even on a 20 way (RW) as well as some FF. I even got to do 5 tandems on Saturday.

The biggest honor I had of the entire boogie, though, was being asked to lead the SCR Ceremony Saturday night! It was a great honor to be asked and allowed to do that with the group of great skydivers around me.

Oh, and for those who want to tag me for beer...this was actually the second SCR ceremony I've done.:P

Awards and scholorships were handed out and a lot of free coaching has been given away to a lot of lowbie skydivers, which is awesome.

There were big ways, small ways, a crapload of SCR loads, formation loads...and I'm sure I'm missing some things since I was in my own little tandem world for half the day Saturday.

If you don't come to this boogie next year, you're definately missing out!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I too had simply a lovely time (was that calm enough?). Got a helicopter jump in which ruled, saw folks, and no, we didn't do a dz.com bigway (probably not enough folks to beat the record, and there was a lot of other stuff going on).

Having fireworks during the SCR ceremony was a nice touch.

Probably the best part was the almost complete lack of incidents. The only one I knew of was Yoshi's on Thursday, and he was back the next day, and looking better each day after that. The guy's tough, and now he has a great "there I was" story.

May I never have one that close :o

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've got to brag on Morgan, my fiance.

She's a low timer who is a product of Aggieland's student program and about 1/2 the SDU program thus far. She was on the TeXXas 20 way pink patch dives and kicking ass! She really impressed the LO and the upjumpers that were on it.

Needless to say, I'm really proud of her and I can't wait until I'm her packer for when she's doing 300-ways and I'm known as "oh, you must be Morgan's husband..."B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hehe, thats awesome Dave B|

It was a good time, saw old friends and met new ones. And I'll congratulate PD's very own Kolla on doing her first BASE jump with us over the weekend. She rocked :)

Hey Dave! It was so nice to finally meet you and a few others that I've seen on here before. :)
*~ Our FF state record was never successfully built, but it was a whole lotta fun working with the participants!

*~ Lots of ladies were initiated into the Pink Mafia! There was great energy amongst these Barbie doll-passing women. :P

*~ The jumps, the parties, the friends (new and old)...it was ALL so much fun!!!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alli
P.M.S. #3

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

I want to say I had a blast. I enjoyed meeting new people, seeing old friends, and being reminded of which names go with familiar faces :$.

I was put to work some and one of my student's name was Spillers. That was wild.

I enjoyed getting to help on so many SCR's, especially Queen B's.

Hope to see everyone again soon.

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

No pics, never happened. :)

2 full CD's of the stuff -

I will post when I have time.

Fuqn wurk![:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SOooooooooooo did anybody see any of my pet peeves in action at Skyfest??

After spending every weekend for the past 6 years at a dropzone, I
have
accumulated a list of things that have turned out to be peeves of
mine
in
skydiving:
1. hearing the word "beer!"..it's getting old people!!!
2. watching hit and chugs
3. crazy-ass personalities
4. people who are so weird that you can't even have a normal
conversation
with them
5. people who, just before loading, interrogate EVERYONE (almost to
the
point of a full body cavity search) on the load, wondering if they
are
freeflying, belly flying etc....ALL I gotta say is just SHUT UP AND
GET
ON
cause everybody else is watching and will naturally board in the
proper
order...
6. control freaks....people who once are given some sort of power, don't know what the hell they are talking about,
they
try
to change everything.....and they try to tell you how to skydive......
7. people, who once on board, tell you how to do everything such as
how
to
put on a seatbelt, how to sit, without being asked....etc.....
8. people who just don't get it and shouldn't be skydiving.....
9. skydivers who open the door right when the red light goes on,
thus
freezing the entire load for a good 2-4 minutes.....HOW U DO IT:
look
through the door, when we get close to the spot, THEN open it just
when
the
green light goes on, climb your ass out....... it's called SITUATIONAL AWARENESS people!!!
10. Skydivers who wave their forearms like an axe counting to 5 or
so
before
they jump......THEN they climb out to get positioned for an exit,
wait another 5 seconds, thus screwing over the load and forcing the
plane to go around.....
11. Jumps who have like 10 cameraman on one dive...and they are
filming the same angle....one should be in an inverted carve,
another should be above, etc......
12. waiting around on a stormy weekend, ALL WEEKEND LONG, waiting
for
the
weather to clear....
13. People who are not humble...........
14. People who suck at jumping and think they are bad ass....I am
like,
"Get
a life."....(I am mediocre at best in the world of skydiving.)
15. Skydivers who land on the runway and take forever to get off
when it
is
my turn to fly and I am on short final. When I take over, if i do, I
am not going around for experienced jumpers.......Get the hell out
of the way!!
16. Skydivers who give us corrections in the cockpit while Homeboy
and I
are
positioning for jump run. WE have a GPS!!!....
17. Skydivers who, while landing their parachutes, flap their arms
a
bird, pumping their toggles.......
18. Being asked to get inside a hot tub with Jerry Korshak , two other naked dudes and one girl, who is not
single......(I was asked to do so last year.)
19. Skydivers who refuse to jump when there is a little cloud
directly underneath them. Ever heard of drift??
20. Female skydivers who were once all over you, you reject, then months later
they refuse to admit they ever wanted you.
21. Female skydivers who tell you things like,"Sex is all you ever think about isn't?", and they have no idea that you know that they have slept with a lot of guys on the dropzone. Of course sex is all I think about bitch cause you get it more than I do!!!
22. Skydivers who when loading, freak out and yell to the pilot, "The lights are on!!!!". Just shut up, buckle up and hold on. Who cares about the lights right now!!!
23. Skygods. Skydiving is only falling. What is there to get big headed about??

[AggieDave] Skyfest kicked booty!

YES Dave! it surely did! it was such a delight to finally meet you and morgan :)sarah in the sky ...but we left early on sunday [:/]. that's okay, because she was rocking it out on the pink patch dives! oh dave, she is such a doll! i can't wait to meet up with you both again B|. (btw: i am soooooo happy you both recovered the ring)

EVERYONE & EVERYTHING kicked booty this past weekend @ Skyfest.

thank you Skydive Spaceland, Skyfest-Reps (J* & Stan), PD, Sunpath, Sunrise, Relative Workshop and the Many other vendors for working really hard to cater to all the participants. it was pretty hectic at times, but in the end, everyone was smiling
like this ==> B|

RW/FF big/small-ways, raft-jumps, helicopter-exits, pink patches & mafiosa were in full effect! yeah yeah, the ladies were rockin like the colorado mountains!

i finally met (brits17) brit! she is such a sweetheart AND a kick booty BASE jumper (i LOVED the bee-productions base-video provided saturday nite) brits has such pretty biceps... gymnasts Rock! (IMGR2) bryan, robert and shannon (the gravity rats) were dancing in the sky ~ i was delighted to finally meet bryan & see shannon again! yaaaaay!

i met (flyangel2) mary ~ she worked really hard with the ladies to pull off some amazing RW jumps for the Pink Patch. and i know treavor was very excited to win the slot with all these amazing women! (mouth) lisa, my little girl of the atlanta-world, was present as well! i was so happy to hug and kiss lisa again -- i missed her so much!

i met (turtlespeed) clint on the skyvan. he had a really cool camera & helmet. it was such a cute little moment, because i also met (i think it's webtoaster?) on the same load. i'm assuming webtoaster, because he had little toaters all over his container :D*

i met (wmw999) wendy! wendy is such a kind individual, i met her while she was packing her little parachute :)
i also met (zonerat) robin of skydive dallas...and he introduced me to the oh-so-lovely shayne! i will have to visit skydive dallas one day, because i met some really sweet people who skydive there (beth, team vibe & many more!)

we had a wonderful time playing with our favorite freefly team: ANOMALY (thank you trenty-head, beanie & stevie... we love you guys so freaking much!) we also reunited with our favorite mad-Xaos-baby-boy, TJ! TJ gave us wonderful canopy-eye-candy and happy freestyle skydives, yeah yeah baby Cakes B|*

i thoroughly enjoyed my pink mafia inititation jumps (as Always B|) Rebecca is sooooooo freaking COOL & Funny...gosh i love her & Kim lots! i also had fun with diana & janie too!

one initiation jump had a little freestyle in the mix! that's right (and it's on Video too!) my little baberias: aki (future freestylist B|), debbie & kirsten...after we passed the barbie, we came back together to form a round, then we all punched it out to a Tee! yaaaay, it was soooooooo much fun!!! we even had a female camera flyer, (Pippy) krista, YOU Rock Baby :)
our nate-tracking-tribute was lead by TJ at sunset. everyone had a safe & delightful track with nate in mind...we love you nate!

(msdeva) deva-my-little-new-haircut-girl, i will see you next weekend at ASC. thank you for playing with us friday nite! we love you so much :)
i had so much fun with everyone, and i can't wait to visit my second home again! i love spaceland lots & skyfest was splendid :)
thank you j* & stan ~ great boogie with a Great Cause! congrats to all the scholarship winners!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

It was great meeting you as well.

I met so many people, and I am SO terrible remembering names.[:/]

To: Just about anyone.:D;):P:P
I posted a look at what I took away from Skyfest in the thread titled "Who's going to Skyfest" that Aggiedave posted initially. I won't repost it here, but if you have a minute, perhaps you can read it and share your comments and experiances as well.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

~MelSTARR~ <--- (note the bold and squigglies) It was superb to meet you as well. I really did have a great time this weekend, although I was totally exhausted from jumping/packing/etc. The boogie simply didn't last long enough, I really wish I could have spent more time getting to know folks before we all had to say goodbye.

All my skybro's and skysisters, I will see ya'll in the sky again in the future yeah? And those pestering me about Dallas... yes, soon I tell you, soon :)
edit to add: the extra "R" on MelSTARR

Hey Dave, it was awesome!

I just wanted to say that everytime I go back to TX, it feels like I'm going home.

And all the people I met there were absolutely amazing. Y'all rock!

Had sooo much fun. Can't remember the last time I did soo many RW dives! :)
~Chivo

i thoroughly enjoyed my pink mafia inititation jumps (as Always B|) Rebecca is sooooooo freaking COOL & Funny...gosh i love her & Kim lots! i also had fun with diana & janie too!

Gasp! :$:$ Ack- now I'm all blushy and giggly! I had an awesome time on our jump, sweet girl - you rock ~*SOOOO*~ much! Can't wait to see you again! B|

Hey to all the other peeps I saw - so nice to finally meet y'all in person! B| Take it easy!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?