Casch

My Leg Hurts...

But at least I'll never forget the lesson :S

Last weekend I did 5 jumps, 3 on a 200sf 7cell F111 something or other that was dropping me on my ass. Either it was just too old for a decent flare at that loading, or I just didn't know how to flare it (the latter most likely). The final 2 jumps were on a 260 Saber2. I wasn't used to the glide ratio on that canopy after jumping that 7cell, and was too high on my final. There was a treeline on the far end of the landing area, when I got there I felt I had enough altitude to land in the landing area, west of the runway so I turned left. A couple seconds later I realised I was wrong yet again. I looked down to the jumper that landed before me and yelled "FUCK ME!" knowing that I was basically fucked and landing either on, or past the runway. I looked both ways for coming/going planes, the air and ground was clear and I did what I had to do to get to the ground in one piece. I touched down right at the closest side of the runway and had a lot of speed built up from my turn to avoid the treeline. I swooped across the runway, but I had come down hard so I was dragging my right leg behind me (would have just been my toe if I hadn't landed hard). Now I have a case of roadrash that occasionally hurts like hell. About 20-30 people saw my landing, jumpers and non jumpers alike. A DZ employee patched me up and talked to me about alternative to the choices I made on my landing pattern and was a lot kinder to me than I deserved.

It's really sobering to think that if a plane had been landing or taking off, I could have killed everyone on the plane, and myself as well. Ugh...never again. Never ever ever again :(B|

well that is one way to shave ;)

glad thats all it was.. definately practice your flares up high when switching from such different canopies...

what dz what this? Kapow?

Yeah - it's the muscles. That's what a skin graft looks like before it actually turns to skinB|

Now it just looks weird:)

I like to see a man show his muscles, but not that much!:o Ouch!:S Although, weird is good!;)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

I had a bicycle slide/fall so I know what the road rash feels like. It (my big shin scrape) would throb anytime I got up from sitting, or anytime I stopped walking.

But the worst part, the most painful part, was pulling the bandage tape off the hair on my butt to change the gauze. lol At least that was over after a week.

Oh, and growing completely new skin on my ankle was cool. It was a small spot so it didn't freak me out too much. But scabs should never be that deep. :S

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

I'm lovin my road rash right now, compared to that shit...dayum...B|

Been there done that...:S...not as bad as some of the pics...but it looked pretty bad...B|...

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Yeah - it's the muscles. That's what a skin graft looks like before it actually turns to skinB|

I like to see a man show his muscles, but not that much!:o Ouch!:S Although, weird is good!;)

What? You ain't in to the Freddy Kruger type?B|

Action©Sports

Hmmm....let's see...he's a spiffy dresser, probably gives a good back scratch, likes to party all night and has a winning smile! I guess he ain't all that bad!B|

Hmmm....let's see...he's a spiffy dresser, probably gives a good back scratch, likes to party all night and has a winning smile! I guess he ain't all that bad!B|

Are you talking about Freddy Kruger?!?:D:D:D

~R+R:)...Signed: Cornfused in Indiana...:ph34r:...

Sure! And it looks like he's really good at acupuncture.:D

ROFLAO!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D Well, that is definitely a different way of looking at shoving nails in one's body...:D:ph34r::D:ph34r:...

~R+R:)...Ok, that was a good one...:D:D:D...

Sure! And it looks like he's really good at acupuncture.:D

ROFLAO!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D Well, that is definitely a different way of looking at shoving nails in one's body...:D:ph34r::D:ph34r:...

~R+R:)...Ok, that was a good one...:D:D:D...

I tend to look at the positives in most situations.:ph34r:

Don't fall asleep next to the dude thoughB|

Action©Sports

Don't fall asleep next to the dude thoughB|

:o

~R+R:)...Great, now I am gonna have nightmares...:S...:D:ph34r::D:ph34r:

I think that we should call him "Tarmack" or "skid" until his leg heals.;):P

Nope...that injury has the nickname "Slider" written all over it. >:(
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™