NYCFreeFall

Base Jumping From Citigroup Buildings

15th floor is probably nearing 150 - 170ft.................

I'd guess more like 180 to 210 using 12 to 14 feet per floor. Plus the first floor of a highrise building is usually twice as high for the vaulted look.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

didn't someone design an 'executive rig' surely they will let you take a rig up. just curious though, with the threat so high are they paying you guys danger money or anything like that? have you recieved a letter from your life insurance telling you that your insurance has been tripled or suspended?
screw going to work, spend the week at your dz.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

15th floor is probably nearing 150 - 170ft

The typical standard for a modern "Class A" high-rise office buildings is 14' per story... so you're looking at 210 ft.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

remember I live in the UK................... last time I jumped from a 24 story building we were on the roof way above the last floor and it was 240ft to the exit........... so dont give me that shit........for the skydivers quick to try and correct me.....(let me guess last time you went around measuring B's!!)......... well done, you must feel so proud.........jesus.........................

Fuckin A man. You got some isues with ego or something? Don't take shit personal.

Fuck, a couple of people impart some knowlage, and you react like it's an attack.

Chill the fuck out. You'll live longer...
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

can I BASE jump out of the 15th floor and live?

If you know what you are doing (static line the exit) and you use BASE gear (and know how to fly a BASE canopy), then sure you can survive the jump. But are you going to buy the gear just so that it'll be there for that 1 in a million chance that you will need it? Plus how current do you plan on being with setting up a BASE static line deployment system and how current will you be with flying a BASE canopy in potentially nasty conditions?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

"If you know what you are doing (static line the exit) " - don't know what I'm doing

"you use BASE gear (and know how to fly a BASE canopy)" - nope, can't do that either

"are you going to buy the gear just so that it'll be there for that 1 in a million chance that you will need it?" - Best plan I got so far

"Plus how current do you plan on being with setting up a BASE static line deployment system" No idea what this sentence means, how to do it, or if its even a real technique

Ok, so I'm sticking with my first plan - quit my job....

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15th floor is probably nearing 150 - 170ft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The typical standard for a modern "Class A" high-rise office buildings is 14' per story... so you're looking at 210 ft.

my sis just moved into 17floor,in brand new house,she lives at 150ft.. The B´s in my town is 13 floores aprox 143ft

By the way can i visit you and try out if you can jump from that place...:ph34r:

oh yes i would jump it,but i also know what i might want to do to survive the jump,and i dont think a HOPE canopy or so would satisfy me..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Fuckin A man. You got some isues with ego or something? Don't take shit personal.

Fuck, a couple of people impart some knowlage, and you react like it's an attack.

Chill the fuck out. You'll live longer...

perhaps when people assumoing things that can get other people killed yes that can sure obset a person.Read between his lines,what does he tell you??Read the head tread here...He ask if you guys think he could jump it and survive(my guess),then you cant use shit about people estimating a high that might kill them...

No offend i do respect you but it seems like you talk alot of BASE whith out looking at the safe aspect of it.. in the sub 200ft range you really want all the altitude you can get,its about life,injury or death.. not much should go wrong from thouse highs...

and no he wont live longer if he chill out.chill out means getting fatter,fatter mean´s heart attack;):ph34r:

stay safe guys

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Ok, so I'm sticking with my first plan - quit my job....

guess your working a place were you suspect an attack?

No offend and i dont want to start flames,i know you guys has a higher risk of this(the reasson has no meaning),but it sound weired to me to actualy quit a job becours of that...I mean.. hmm[:/]

But to answer your Q,i think you have aprox 5%of survival chance making that jump under a attack,under stress,and winds you dont know about.

If you one day get the chance to follow some BASE jumpers you will se that it aint just yahoo jumping off stuff,you´ll need to know what your doing and even then it works out bad to people.

My sister asked me the same,and my advise is to dont... i guess it will be the "easy"eskape which will kill more people than save them.When people get an option like this they forget to try out other options which might could lead them to freedom whith minimal risk compared to jumping off the B.

just my thourghts..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber