Zenister

Regrets: is it better to?

of course it is best to never regret anything at all, but that is a very difficult state to achieve and maintain.. particularly if your attracted to risk...

so?

my vote is for something you did, even if it turns out badly you can still learn from it. If you never tried it at all you may spend the rest of your life dreaming about the chance you missed....

my vote is for something you did.

hmmm... :S this is a hard one... I think it worse to regret something that you did.. you can never take it back, and it could ruin something for a lifetime. ... It's really a hard question. :S
If it was something you didn't do... Couldn't you go back and do it?.. you have that chance sometimes, but not the chance to take back something already done.

It's better to regret than to have nothing to regret. If you don't try anything and have no regrets as a result, you haven't lived. Everything you do is not going to be the best choice which creates
regrets. I believe you need regret to learn and gain wisedom throughout life.

I have a bunch of regrets but I wouldn't change a thing for the knowledge and wisdom I have now.
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

I also think however there are levels of regret. Yea some things suck and you regret doing them, while other things you do that are far more damaging and have serious consequences....
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I agree.. and speaking in philosophy terms.. If we regret it in the first place.. then how would it be something we are glad we went through and we learned from?.. That then, would not be a "regret" :S

There have been some situations, which I won't get into details about, where I chickened out on some stuff. I regretted that. But I remembered my regret, and when similar situations reappeared, I thought about it and did the stuff (which I won't get into details about). And it rocked. Especially when the stuff I was chickening out about actually happened. :ph34r:

The place I turn this around is safety. I value my skin, my ass, my bones, etc.. So there are situations where I didn't do something because if I won, I would have gotten some minor glory, but if I lost I would have gotten fscked up. I don't regret that - I consider that being smart.

Some of the planes I've jumped out of, though, I'm not sure. Those were on the edge. [:/]

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

I have a bunch of regrets but I wouldn't change a thing for the knowledge and wisdom I have now.

Then they should no longer be regrets, but life experiances.:)
Regrets keep me focused on what I cannot change. Once I have let them go they become part of my life experiance, nothing more nothing less. Just Life. Today I am grateful the bag of shit I used to carry around is nearly empty. No longer do I have to keep going back and sticking my head into it to see if it still smells, which it does, instead I dump that shit on a daily basis and as Squeks Sig line says.... MY LIFE ROCKS!... hows yours?

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

In general I think I'd rather regret the things I've done rather than what I haven't done.Atleast then you can look back and say "shit I shouldnt have done that" rather than always wondering what if.Ofcourse there are always exceptions...

Live and learn.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

If it only involves me.. I would rather regret something that I did rather than didn't do.

However.. (what phillykev said).. if I do something that involves hurting someone else, I would regret that more than something I didnt do.
.. unless that something I didn't do could hurt someone else.

I guess it depends on if it hurts others or not. I really hate being hurt...it SUCKS.:( That said if I do something that I know will hurt someone and I KNOW it will hurt them but do it anyway...Well, that makes me suck too. I don't mean don't do things I just mean try your best not to hurt someone else in the process.

Good thing Skydiving is relatively harmless to others cause I really love it and plan on doing it no matter. Makes me think of Kate's last rule for Big Way camp..."Don't hurt kate."

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

depends. I've regretted things I've done that hurt other people. I think that's worse than regretting not having done something.

I'm with kev. There are several things that I did that I wish I wouldn't have done.

Still, there are things I never did that I wish I had.

It's simply too difficult to weigh those options...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I try not to live a life of regrets, b/c everything I do, I know I have a choice, and know the consequences, even if they are not always a good ending. If something didn't happen b/c I decided not to chose the more "risky" path, then so be it...if I did chose the "risky" path, and had a negative outcome, well, that's the game! Live and Learn!!!! ;)

So in conclusion! :)

While I agree that its better to not have any regrets...

What if where you stand in regrets is the end of options.

Like, if you didn't have the chance to go back and do something that you regreted not doing.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Like, if you didn't have the chance to go back and do something that you regreted not doing.

well, that is why i always risk just going w/the "not so good choice" b/c i hate having to look back and say...ah, i should have done that or this, etc...
i suppose the times i didn't chose the bad or not so good route, i really beleive that was the way it should have gone...destiny or something like that?!
does that make sense or am I completly losing it here? I may be...been around a lot of hazardous chemicals as of late...:S

It's all a matter of perspective right? ;)

If it only involves me.. I would rather regret something that I did rather than didn't do.

However.. (what phillykev said).. if I do something that involves hurting someone else, I would regret that more than something I didnt do.

what chaoskitty says. i can do anything that i want as long as it doesn't affect someone else in a negative way (at least, to my knowledge). of course, how will you always know?...you won't. [:/]

example: jumping out of planes scares (and hurts) my family. i've thought about that a lot but still jump my ass off. why?...weigh the variables! live life to the fullest vs. possibility of bounce vs. family apprehension ; dude, you are who you are...;)

my philosophy is to simply keep your conscious clear, pick up a dynamically strong set of values, live life, and do good for yourself and TRY not to hurt others as best you can. What else is there? We are human, need to live life, and you'll NEVER please everyone. B|

what chaoskitty says. i can do anything that i want as long as it doesn't affect someone else in a negative way (at least, to my knowledge). of course, how will you always know?...you won't. [:/]

example: jumping out of planes scares (and hurts) my family. i've thought about that a lot but still jump my ass off. why?...weigh the variables! live life to the fullest vs. possibility of bounce vs. family apprehension ; dude, you are who you are...;)

my philosophy is to simply keep your conscious clear, pick up a dynamically strong set of values, live life, and do good for yourself and TRY not to hurt others as best you can. What else is there? We are human, need to live life, and you'll NEVER please everyone. B|

***my philosophy is to simply keep your conscious clear, pick up a dynamically strong set of values, live life, and do good for yourself and TRY not to hurt others as best you can. What else is there? We are human, need to live life, and you'll NEVER please everyone.

RIGHT ON! ;) Well said!! :)